Taking down plate # on seymour?

May 3, 2016, 10:14 a.m.

Just curious if anybody knows anything about this? Last Thursday my buddy and I ran a couple shuttle runs and somehow managed to hit Neds… when were parked at old buck… so our vehicle retrieval ran a bit late. Heading up the MTN the road was clear, upon reaching the bottom again all lanes were coned off and lone guy w/ a clip board was blocking the way. He gave us no information but took down our license plates, make and model of vehicle. Upon questioning him he simply said "the top gate will be locked over night and we are taking down plates for the next few days." What does the gate have to do with my plate #? Anybody have a bit more info on this??

May 3, 2016, 10:26 a.m.

It is likely seymour mountain, they do it all ski season and are maybe still doing work up there….I have been told it is for safety as well as so they know who has been up the hill in case there is some vandalism that takes place.

May 3, 2016, 10:44 a.m.

NS Search and Rescue probably. They log cars that are parked late and sometimes even enter cars to make sure that they aren't left there from lost park users. Tim Jones told me that once (so I'm not sure if they are still doing it). He said that they normally ignore the cars obviously owned by bikers because they know some bikers ride late with lights. If they are suspicious that a car belongs to a gorby that might be lost they will trace the licence plate and try and contact the owner. He told me that if I was going to be riding or hiking late the best thing to do is to leave a note on the floor of the car so that if they do enter my car then they will know where I went and when I planned to be back.

May 3, 2016, 11:25 a.m.

It has never been NS Rescue at the bottom of the mountain when i have been stopped. They have always worked for Mt Seymour and are there at 8pm beginning of season (before night skiing is open), ~10pm mid season and were there at 9pm near the end of the season.

Cyps has people at the bottom as well, 11pm with night skiing open i think.

May 3, 2016, 4:20 p.m.

I've heard they've discovered some shallow grave-sites and they're trying to narrow down who's frequenting the area.

Wrong. Always.

May 3, 2016, 7:47 p.m.

It's the ski hill taking account of who's left on the mountain during the time they are still responsible for the road access in the shoulder season. You'll find this same thread pretty much every spring.

May 3, 2016, 11:25 p.m.

Wierd…. all my years riding… i have honestly never run into them before….

May 4, 2016, 5:55 a.m.

so you are saying S[HTML_REMOVED]R , B[HTML_REMOVED]E,s cars they suspect are lost hikers ???

#northsidetrailbuilders