Suspensionwerx on vacation?

July 19, 2009, 8:32 p.m.

Call Trident again on Monday, just talk to customer service instead of going to the Manitou Service extension, they should be able to take care of you.

You the man, thanks.

Sources also tell me James will be taking on some more staff.

July 19, 2009, 11:39 p.m.

the other problem with finding good mechanics is that even if you have many many years of experience as a mechanic, it still doesn't pay enough money.

Most of them have moved on to something that pays better or that will lead to an actual career in the future.

A bike mechanic doesn't make that much money…

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

July 20, 2009, 12:21 a.m.

….if you are the least bit local your best bet is to drop by between 11:00am and 8:00pm Monday-Friday.

Fire James an e-mail @ info at suspensionwerx and I am certain he will get back to you when he is able.

-D

I did all that 3x's @ + phone messages, held my patience as I'd appreciate the rebuild work he did to date. A month later I ordered from same supplier and mine shipped same day:ohthedrama:
Diverse Suspension Products
http://www.diverse-mfg.com/mtb/titaniummtbshockspring.html

I do understand their's few business things harder to handle than to rapid a growth……better to do less jobs really well. Seems little other option to date, I can see this only increasing.

July 20, 2009, 7:29 a.m.

Clearly the only thing James needs to change in his business model is to increase prices. If he is so busy he can't keep up with demand then he should be decreasing demand and increasing profit. With his increased profit will be others attempts at breaking into the market which will either provide a cheaper alternative or if they manage the same quality drive prices back down. In summary, James business failing here is NOT not answering phone calls or e-mails but rather keeping prices too accessible.

July 20, 2009, 7:46 a.m.

shh………. maybe just summer prices? No need to kill cheapish rebuild for the rest of us in the winter.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

July 20, 2009, 8:06 a.m.

There's still no shortage of whiny people in the mountain bike industry I see.

"I want the best of everything for as cheap as possible and I want it right now!"

:lol:

July 20, 2009, 8:28 a.m.

There's still no shortage of whiny people in the mountain bike industry I see.

"I want the best of everything for as cheap as possible and I want it right now!"

:lol:

no one has ever whined about the pricing

getting calls back or returned emails within a month isn't really whining either

I'm sure James is struggling with the workload and knows things have gotten out of hand. I'm sure he'll get it straightened out when he can. Until then everyone is just going to have to have a bit more patience.

July 20, 2009, 8:46 a.m.

I'm sure James is struggling with the workload and knows things have gotten out of hand. I'm sure he'll get it straightened out when he can. Until then everyone is just going to have to have a bit more patience.

Right, so if most people would consider this ^ then the whining would stop.

July 20, 2009, 9:40 a.m.

I'm amazed that it's taken so long for anyone to set up a business like SW in Vancouver. It's not economical for a shop to tool up for every fork / shock on the market, plus put all the money / time into a mechanic in order to competently work on them. Compounding the issue is the fact that shops are busy with more routine servicing so can't afford to have someone taking an hour or more servicing a fork while reading online instuctions…. No sensible shop in the UK does in-depth fork or shock work. They send the units off to TF Tuned, Mojo or one or two other places and get the unit back within three days including postage. Sure the customer pays a bit more, but seeing that this is generally a once a year job, then it pays to get the job done right. Plus they get the shock back more quickly than if the shop themselves were to do the work. Everyone's a winner. It's not like a shop makes any proper money from suspension work any way.

treezz
wow you are a ass

July 20, 2009, 9:58 a.m.

Full Boar has all the tooling to rebuild most shocks. He still has some small parts too. He doesn't really advertise it anymore but he's probably not going to turn away paying customers either.

July 20, 2009, 6:41 p.m.

I dont think there was much whining, ppl just wondering what was going on.. I too appreciate James great work but I think the thread started because they ordered parts and never received it after a month or so.. Shit gets blown way out of control on here that is why I barely post, ppl turn into trolls and get all pissy instead of being sane.. James is the only go too guy so when his shit hits the fan then ppl loose out but what are you going to do we need to keep James happy or were all fkd.. I think this thread has gone too far we know the situation and thats that..

Right, so if most people would consider this ^ then the whining would stop.

July 20, 2009, 7:06 p.m.

Here's a way to hopefully get your stuff back sooner: James likes red wine.

July 20, 2009, 7:15 p.m.

Here's a way to hopefully get your stuff back sooner: James likes red wine.

South American red wine

Chilean if I remember correctly

Hoegaarden beer too I think.

July 20, 2009, 7:24 p.m.

He's a Kamloops boy. 15 pack of Pil and he'll fix your shock while you wait.

July 21, 2009, 12:04 a.m.

Weird thread.

Our own Shore resident suspension icon having his telephone skills picked apart.
A new business who's end product is so good that demand has way surpassed the ability to keep up in year one, and very little patience from alot of the clients in the lineup. When there are other options for service.

Its friggin July, hasn't rained in ever, all the bike parks are in full swing, every trail on the shore is open.

One word: Triage.

Pretty sure suspensionwerx is bustin his ass to keep all us with blown shocks and forks back riding as soon as possible and at the height of riding season this has to come at the expense of periodical service, feelgood telephone advice, spring purchases etc etc.

Two weeks ago I blew my rebound on my shock, contacted James via tel and email from the website, left 1 message on each about what I needed done. He called me a couple days later said he'd need a few days but to bring it in, that was Tuesday. I drove over with it right away. He called me that Saturday night at 9:30 pm and said he'd be open the next day (Sunday)at 9am, trying to keep up with demand, and to come on by with the bike so he could mount it , set it up with my fork, and I wouldn't miss Sunday at Whistler. I swung by on the way up to Whis Sunday morning and he was open, and cranking out forks and shocks, every counter was full. Got me set, and on my way.

Fucking amazing service! .