super t

Nov. 29, 2005, 1:51 p.m.

I think a lot of the anger coming out of this is a lack of respect, on all sides. We are all too quick to judge.

Nov. 29, 2005, 1:51 p.m.

I should be sponsored. I am horrible at riding a bicycle, BUT I'LL MAKE THE SPORT MORE DIVERSE!

no, not if you're not especially good at some areas of riding. just because a pro isn't amazing at every single aspect of riding doesn't mean he can't be a pro, hence why street riders like chase aren't expected to win the rampage and such. my argument is quite clear, I pretty much spelled it out…

Nov. 29, 2005, 1:53 p.m.

you mean "there are kids …." probably why they don't have sponsorship if your any example.

Glass house :)

Nov. 29, 2005, 1:55 p.m.

Glass house :)

Care to elaborate?

Nov. 29, 2005, 1:56 p.m.

no, not if you're not especially good at some areas of riding. just because a pro isn't amazing at every single aspect of riding doesn't mean he can't be a pro, hence why street riders like chase aren't expected to win the rampage and such. my argument is quite clear, I pretty much spelled it out…

Uh, well first of all Rampage doesn't exist anymore. Second, I'm REALLY god damn good at doing skids and throwing horns.

Also, a good bicycle handler can translate his skill onto lots of different terrain.

I hate gnarwhale.com a lot.

bike mag sucks, so do one footers

i think your just jealous

Nov. 29, 2005, 2:07 p.m.

there is kids watching who could do better than him.

you mean "there are kids …." probably why they don't have sponsorship if your any example.

Glass house

Care to elaborate?

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :)

Jerry-Rig is commenting on gull bangers poor grammar, and in the processes uses the word "your" when he should have used "you're" :)

Nov. 29, 2005, 2:14 p.m.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :)

Jerry-Rig is commenting on gull bangers poor grammar, and in the processes uses the word "your" when he should have used "you're" :)

Nov. 29, 2005, 4:56 p.m.

I find the trash talk that seems to be escalating in this sport to be really dissappointing.

Every crowd has bad apples, but it seems like in most of the cases that make it to spots where you can't help but see it (ie: this forum, some of the print magazines) is coming from the younger crowd who discovered this sport and its icon's two years ago and have all kinds of negative, colorful things to say.

That isn't what this sport used to be. That level of bullshit trash talk didn't use to exist. The focus was on riding your bike and getting out on the trails away from everything.

There is no logic behind the slagging, it's so low it isn't even worth a rebuttle. It makes more sense to tune it out and let the voices go unheard. Talking shit isn't going to change this sport for the better. Put that energy into riding your bike. If there are rippers out there that are so much better, let them ride and they will get recognized. Nobody is helping young up and comers by slagging the guys who got the sport to where it is now.

There is a lot more to being "pro" than being a good rider.

Hallelujah, brother. It's getting to be like listening to a bunch of Euro-roadies bitch about Lance. Is that the best we are made of? Oof, I hope not.

Nov. 29, 2005, 5:23 p.m.

lots of the guys are sponsered now because they got sponsered a few years back and they have just stayed in the sport. lots of the "pros" out there wouldnt be sponsered if they came into the sport today with the skill they have now.

http://chuuchbeeasy.blogspot.com/

Nov. 29, 2005, 5:44 p.m.

There are lots of guys out there with "skills". Not all of them have the personality to get [HTML_REMOVED] keep endorsements [HTML_REMOVED] sponsors. Look at Ryan Leech, Super T [HTML_REMOVED] Cam McCaul just to name a few. They are all excellent dudes who don't mind signing [HTML_REMOVED] talking to fans. They don't bring any attitude with them, they just love to be out there. Making some $ at something they love is a dream for them. That's why the sponsors grab them [HTML_REMOVED] keep them. Do you think Leech would have been with Norco this long if he had a bad attitude? He is the kid next door who everyone loves=great for his sponsor. We all know that skills are progressing steadily. You cannot compare riders now with riders a few yrs. ago. The sport is moving so quickly. IMO What a person has to do to compare riders is compare them with other riders of their era. Corey is right! Less slagging, more positive vibes. eg. Myself, I don't like watching dirt jumps and also press NEXT to get to the shore stuff but that does not mean bmx is crap.

Thread killer

Nov. 29, 2005, 7:06 p.m.

im usually on the other side of this arguement, but gull bagners #1 fan had some good points, mainly…are skinnys anymore mtn then dirt jumps?

he feels super T is done, so what. hes given alot of props where props are due, as well as talking alot of trash but both sides are doing that.

i think i'll just dj my bmx and DH my mtb. forget freeriding

cameron

Nov. 29, 2005, 7:14 p.m.

this site be called " alot of dudes that think they have insight, but are merely stating the obvious"

ya trash talk is new. oh yeah its outta hand…LOFL……its always been like this, and always will.

bunch a grannies sitting around bench racing, yada yada Wade this, 26, that, blah, blah, this vid sux, this fufanu WTF, I hate that guy, this guy rules…….only thing different is that now those outside the preverbial "loop" now catch a glimpse thru new forms of media and more exposure of alot of the drama…..but if you only knew how much drama and politics it would blow you away. I scratch the tip of the iceberg really and sometimes it's staggering.

all I can say to all tho chuckleberries out here ooo-ing and aaaaa-ing about whose getting what………and invited where….

Envy will get you nowhere, but sweat will get you wherever you want.

Super T rules, as does anyone that has remained a recognizable. productive athlete for 5 years or more. All the bashers don't get it, you have it in everysport and profession in the world. Some make money and create opportunity for themselves, and some don't. BooHoo!

it's almost like real life. Weird.

p.s. for the record I believe larger evennts such as Crankworx should evolve to a pure qualification system. Possibly thru empowering smaller contests around the would into some sort of farm system. Ala gasp Racing!!!

In videos/mags etc the whole who ya know, and who can produce gets ya in is ok. But to get in the big races your results must speak for you. I'm all for seeing that happen in the newer disciplines of our sport.

ok enough…..whewww..

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Nov. 29, 2005, 7:39 p.m.

im the shit.

also ive said all along i respect super t for what hes done and power to him for doing it.

:007:

Funn stem and bar - 20 bucks

Nov. 29, 2005, 10:30 p.m.

In snowboarding people respect pioneers. You ever hear someone talk trash on craig kelly because he didn't pretend to be a street skater? Dude was shredding backcountry, big mountain til the day he died.

Skaters respect John Cardiel and Mark Gonzalez. They are old, not really inovating any more, but they pushed the sport, are good peoples, and still are gnarly and fun to watch.

BMXers don't talk shit on Brian Foster and Robbie Morales.

Wade, Tippie, Shandro, Super T will always have their fans.

It's the same w/ surfing. What guys like Duke, the Bull, Gerry Lopez, Shawn Thompson,
were doing, is not even close to what guys are doing today. BUT…they
contributed in some way that furthered the sport. They are respected
and revered. They did what no one was doing at the time. Greg Knolls
ride at pipe was small shit compared to Andy backside air drop to rail grab,
and he'll be respected and revered when kids are doing 360 air drop to
backside rail grap.

Super T contributed in a positive way to our sport, from the interviews I
read and seen appears to be a nice guy with no chip. People with chips
don't keep sponsorship no matter how good they are. Even Bruce had to
clean up his act.

Pffffff….

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons