suggestion for upper fromme ride

May 26, 2012, 5:53 p.m.

Looking to try out some of upper fromme trails. Any suggestions for a good introductory loop for intermediate level ride? (Besides the usual bobsled, floppy, Griffin loop)

May 26, 2012, 6:22 p.m.

head up just past the 4km marker (past ladies and pipeline) and ride Leopard, Crinkum, and Kirkford then if you're feeling spunky head up and finish with a Bobsled or FB and one of the lower trails.

My Team From San Luis Obispo, CA
SLOtothebone.wordpress.com

My Dirtbag Team in BC
The B-Team

B-Team :heart:'s You

May 26, 2012, 7:35 p.m.

7th Secret is fun if you have the patience to ride that far.

May 26, 2012, 9:01 p.m.

combine what vuke and mko72 said and you have a really fun loop. 7th to leopard to crinkum to kirkford up to bobsled back up to floppy to natural high is my favourite ride on fromme right now. you'll get your cardio and some with lots of fun riding!

May 26, 2012, 9:10 p.m.

7th Secret is fun if you have the patience to ride that far.

7th is well worth the ride. It is the best way to start a ride.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

May 27, 2012, 6:05 a.m.

i've been tempted to try do few laps at the top. 7th, upper oil can, pile o rocks, bookwus. I usually just head strait for 7th and skip those other ones but I think it's time to try a few out.

I tried UOC in the rain once…. next time i'll wait till it's dry out lol

May 27, 2012, 12:35 p.m.

Thanks for the great suggestions will def give them a go. Who knows they may become a part of my regular route :

May 27, 2012, 12:41 p.m.

Rode Bookwus, Grannies to Lower Crippler the other day. First time on Grannies and that trail has potential but has seen better days. Old school tech line for sure. The above mentioned lines are a great suggestion for lots of trail in the same run. Another couple options are UOC to LOC to Boundary or Digger or Bookwus to Ladies to Lower Skull or Dempsey/Pennzoil.

Shed head!

May 27, 2012, 4:08 p.m.

Rode Bookwus, Grannies to Lower Crippler the other day. First time on Grannies and that trail has potential but has seen better days. Old school tech line for sure. The above mentioned lines are a great suggestion for lots of trail in the same run. Another couple options are UOC to LOC to Boundary or Digger or Bookwus to Ladies to Lower Skull or Dempsey/Pennzoil.

these are all awesome trails…

If you ride any of this stuff I'd love to hear a review of the level of difficulty. Most of the uninitiated find these trails pretty over the top. I took some out-of-towners down some of these and they used some pretty colorful language to describe the experience.

May 27, 2012, 6:33 p.m.

these are all awesome trails…

If you ride any of this stuff I'd love to hear a review of the level of difficulty. Most of the uninitiated find these trails pretty over the top. I took some out-of-towners down some of these and they used some pretty colorful language to describe the experience.

Re-read op and yeah these lines may be a little aggressive for someone who's trying them out for the first time. However, you gotta learn somehow. My first ride on Fromme was Expresso in 2000 and it was tough. Maybe try Seventh to Pipeline to Dempsey to Pennzoil. That would give you a full top to bottom run without too much traversing.

Shed head!

May 27, 2012, 6:43 p.m.

Looking to try out some of upper fromme trails. Any suggestions for a good introductory loop for intermediate level ride? (Besides the usual bobsled, floppy, Griffin loop)

if you are only just comfortable on these trails, the upper ones may be a little daunting. But you have to start somewhere. 7th Secret to Leopard to Crinkum is probably your best bet, with Pipeline a close second, although Executioner would also be a decent trail with all the attention it is receiving.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

May 27, 2012, 7:48 p.m.

7th would be your best bet or Pipeline. Both are well armoured and even good in the wet.

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

May 27, 2012, 10:43 p.m.

Some Upper Fromme trails here - http://mtbtrails.ca/category/videos/page/2

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram