Stupid crashes!

Sept. 2, 2013, 11:02 p.m.

I once rode a little singletrack bombhole late in the ride, and pumped down and up the other side, stopping neatly at a tree on the right at the top.

A small snapped branch i had not seen poked right through my cheek like a hole punch.

Surreal, as it didn't hurt at all. Just glad it wasn't my eye.

Sept. 3, 2013, 1:51 p.m.

After riding Tsuga, and pedalling over to PBR up the lower part of Cabin Trail, there's a small creek crossing with a log as a bridge. Simple. Done it a million times.

But, this time I slipped off and broke my foot. Damn.

It's the easy trails that'll get you every time.

March 25, 2014, 5:50 p.m.

Stupid crash on Wild Cherry on the resulted in this. Be forewarned. Serious gore to ensue……..

Lost the bike descending the first section of Cherry, hip slammed into something (still not sure what). Didn't even realize until a few minutes further down the trail that it was bad. No other damage other than that. Thanks to my buddies and the staff at Lions Gate for patching me up.

Two days later and getting better:);)

Shed head!

March 25, 2014, 7:37 p.m.

Holy shit!
:damn::damn::damn:

March 25, 2014, 7:53 p.m.

Wow! That's a big one

March 25, 2014, 10:21 p.m.

That should buff right out.

Thread killer

March 25, 2014, 11:02 p.m.

Ack! Emergencies like that are why there's duct tape wrapped around my pump.

Heal well. Apply alcohol liberally.

March 26, 2014, 11:02 p.m.

Oh geeze…got a few "stupid ones" …although the first 2 youngster ones were more ignorance, didn't know any better :)

So I'm a little kid and about to learn that sand on concrete = ice as I come into the corner as fast as I can on the bmx…roadrash city!

'member those motobike inspired bicycles with the steel coil springs front and back? I figure it'll make the landing super cushy so I go way, WAY up the hill, further than anyone has ever started before to get a run at the big jump into the bmx track…the rebound off the face of the jump puts me into a backflip kinda thing that didn't go well

Grade8…a sorta fence, steel posts with chain draped between them at about knee height (my first time into this one area)…as I approach, the grey chain is perfectly camouflaged against the concrete background…yup, that went well…rode straight into it

Riding along on the 10spd…a twig or something down in the front, reach for it, hit a bump and my hand goes fully into the spokes and insta-slam…was winter, thick gloves on…my hand was fine, don't recall the rest

Riding uphill along a residential street…gotta check the rear derailleur, yup, I have a few seconds to look down…SPLAT, sprawled out on the back of a hatchback, taco wheel (related…my Mom gets a call from Dad to come pick him up, his wheel is taco aswell…he rode into the back of the ONLY car parked on the side of a 5km long straight section of hwy)

Rosehill sand drop…had done it a billion times…come in lazy…over the bar and snap my wrist damn near clean off against a rock

WTF inspires people to pop a wheelie the first time out in clips? Yup, did that…:lol:

March 26, 2014, 11:32 p.m.

After riding Tsuga, and pedalling over to PBR up the lower part of Cabin Trail, there's a small creek crossing with a log as a bridge. Simple. Done it a million times.

BTW… foot is still fucked.

April 2, 2014, 7:21 a.m.

That's the scariest move at the woodlot, always scared Ridin over that thing.

diggin

April 11, 2014, 8:49 p.m.

My stupid crash… just a little single track connecter to a fire road in Squamish. Not even an actual trail, all flat pretty much. Went down a short hill, took it about 8 inches wide where somehow a tree was sticking out. Too tired to throw myself off properly, so went completely endo. Hit my chest on my bars (I think), bruised my hand and face came down pretty hard (or so I thought) on a pile of rocks. Luckily, no real damage and I was able to finish my ride just fine! Coughing and sneezing was a bit of a bitch for a few weeks though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrcsL06S4-0