Stupid crashes!

July 24, 2012, 3:42 p.m.

I ended up hanging onto the tree part way up.

this is known as doing a Curious George.

July 24, 2012, 3:49 p.m.

this is known as doing a Curious George.

I did that a few years ago.

I was riding Freight Train in the WBP. Dropped off the container and rode to the left and for some reason kept going straight. I went off the rock not to the right like you are supposed to, but straight off into the trees. Luckily I re-calibrated my brain at the last moment and hung onto a skinny ass tree while my bike went over the edge.

The tree strained under my weight, and just like in cartoons, it leaned over till I was on the ground! Me and the bike were no worse for wear, but I smelled like sap the rest of the day.

Lucky!

July 31, 2012, 8:45 p.m.

OK my turn. Riding into Salvation years ago on the first skinny section, my shoelace gets caught on right pedal, I start a bail to the right but the foot is locked to the pedal, slowly I fall off the skinny, shoulder impacts the earth and my full face slams into some wood on the forest floor. Had whiplash for 4 to 6 months as I recall. Now I always pay attention to my laces, keeping them short and double tied. Em Bare Assed.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Aug. 1, 2012, 1:20 p.m.

Wow! You guys have had some crazy stuff happen. I think I can qualify for this club.

In high school I was big into the bmx scene and had some of the stupidest crashes. From falling off the back of the bike in a manual and smacking my head, to attempting to air out of a 4 foot quarter pipe and the bike disappearing and me going straight to flat bottom, messed up the ribs pretty good with that one.

Dh biking has been a bit less kind to me in terms of every crash I do is really lame but comes with a bad price. My big crash on natural high in march was pretty stupid on all accounts. Riding a dis-functional bike, slightly hungover, not enough speed, timed the small-ish drop terribly and went otb. Broke my pelvis and my elbow from landing on the one and only rock at the bottom.

Thank goodness bikers are awesome people and helped me out of the forest. Can't wait to get back on the bike though. 2 more months!:woot:

Aug. 1, 2012, 4:07 p.m.

I can think of two off the top of my head, one old and one new all on easier trails.

Years ago on Nicole's on Burnaby Mountain, early in my riding days came around one of those tight switchbacks partway down the trail somehow slid on one of those tiny little bridges embedded into the ground. Hit my front brake which caught when it came off the wood, lifting my rear wheel, so I let go of the brake and leaned back which brought up my front again. Repeated this at least once more before my head slammed into the tree on the corner of the next switchback and I fell over the little drop to land in the middle of the switchback below.

I know all this because my wife was shooting the whole thing with her camera at 5 frames per second. There's even a picture of the exact expression on my face as my head compressed into the tree and I blacked out for a second and it's epic. Helmet was wrecked.

Just found a shot from that series of pictures showing the moment of impact:

Good times.

Aug. 1, 2012, 4:51 p.m.

Here's a question: who didn't find out what happened when you jam your foot into the front wheel at speed when they were a kid?

reminds me of the time i was racing home on my 10 speed after swimming: my bag of swim stuff hanging off the drops + out of the saddle sprint = insta concrete slammage (w/ bike hitting me in the head for added insult). pre helmet-era, of course. made for a nice bloody head wound. pretty lucky it wasn't worse, really.

Aug. 1, 2012, 6:04 p.m.

Here's a question: who didn't find out what happened when you jam your foot into the front wheel at speed when they were a kid?

I managed to do this in the air while jumping as a teenager. The landing didn't go so well.

About a week ago while climbing in the chilcotins I endo'd part way through a creek crossing; didn't see a rock under the water. Of course no armor on so I messed up my knee pretty good.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Aug. 2, 2012, 9:30 p.m.

This reminded me of my worst crash as a kid

I grew up in Toronto and to this day I hate streetcar tracks.

As a kid I thought crossing them at 45 degrees would be safe. It's not. Very unhappy limp back home.

Aug. 2, 2012, 10:21 p.m.

HA! Buddy was rollin along the streets, hit a bump, and over the bars he went and there went his collarbone in two pieces.

gerewh0re

i've tried sticking it in her butt and peeing, she feels that is more a gift for me than her.

Aug. 3, 2012, 2:06 a.m.

One time I was pushing down my shocks and road into my cabin. I dislocated me knee.

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

Aug. 14, 2012, 8:12 a.m.

2 days ago riding down to big brother on mount washington, air the roller that goes down onto the road just before you drop in, front tire instantly washes out on landing and I get slammed onto the extremely hard-packed road. Very stupid.

Aug. 14, 2012, 8:44 a.m.

I get slammed onto the extremely hard-packed road. Very stupid.

The roads and trails are really well packed these days. Absolutely no forgiveness in the dirt.

:(

Aug. 15, 2012, 6:58 p.m.

I am recovering from a nice one from sunday in the whistler bike park.

Dont normally bomb like i was…..a section of no joke, tubeless front tire popped on me at 35 psi and cablowie i went down because i couldnt navigate the rocks. Went down face first. Had no time to tumble it happened so fast.

Teeth? Check. Nose? Check. Nutsack? Check. Ok wheres the blood coming from? My fullface cut me a new mouth above my upper lip. A few stitches and i was fine, but a scary crash because it could have been WAY worse.

Oh ya bikes ok!

Aug. 20, 2012, 3:48 p.m.

I was practicing 360's today at a school playground when on my repositioning loop, got clotheslined by one of the chin-up bars. Destroyed my xc helmed and my neck is really sore… :hurt::crybaby::mad: :stupid::swearing:

Aug. 27, 2012, 8:42 a.m.

stupidest crash was back in the early 90's. Just got my first set of clipless pedals and I was taking them out for a testride. I was checking my feet to see how my heels cleared the crank arms when I rode into a bus stop sign… lot's of people around for that one. Other than ego and a bent bar-end I was fine. Worst result from a crash happened just last monday up at Whistler where I broke my pelvis.

alright!!!