Stop the shuttlers!

Oct. 8, 2016, 11:18 a.m.

Shoot me a pm with location and ill happily investigate.

Oct. 8, 2016, 11:50 a.m.

Shoot me a pm with location and ill happily investigate.

Nice one!

Oct. 8, 2016, 11:50 a.m.

with the details you've listed it's not too hard to figure out which trail you're talking about.

that said, in terms of discouraging hordes there's not much you can do unless the road managers are willing to put in a gate or some significant water bars. if the road has been upgraded because it's going to be active then water bars large enough to disrupt p/u shuttlers will probably be too big for service trucks - so a gate is probably the only realistic option.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Oct. 8, 2016, 7 p.m.

That road hasn't always been eroded and nasty to shuttle. Was common place to shuttle that before the climbing trail was built.

Oct. 9, 2016, 9:24 a.m.

Snow should fix that problem soon.

Oct. 9, 2016, 11:19 a.m.

Snow should fix that problem soon.

Yes plus once they are done logging they'll have a road deactivation plan in place which will crossditch the road. Plus if people are shuttling it now after a fresh grade and rain I'm sure the road quality issue will solve itself pretty quick. That road is a steep enough grade that without ongoing maintenance it won't really last.

Oct. 9, 2016, 11:41 a.m.

Sounds like a bit of trail alignment issue too, not just increased traffic. Loam doesn't last, especially steep loam. Water will do 100 times the damage that bike tires or hiking boots will do. I get it though, more traffic equals more of a chance that water will channel on the trail. Maybe try and re-route some of the more erosion prone sections to get water off the trail? Fact of the matter is that if you build a trail, people will find it and use it. Then the upkeep battle begins.

Oct. 9, 2016, 10:13 p.m.

Uh yeah of course - in the era of 40+ lb downhill bikes maybe - it's a different era now SHIRK #dumbass #oldtimer #getwiththetimes #shametheshuttlers #lazyasspotsmokers

youre a bitter fuck arent you? want it all to yourself…did you build the trail? No…then can it. #selfentitledPOS

I'm ignoring Smedley.

Oct. 9, 2016, 11:07 p.m.

youre a bitter fuck arent you? want it all to yourself…did you build the trail? No…then can it. #selfentitledPOS

Lol well said

That area has been shuttled long before you (Jon) decided to take up riding mountain bikes in the woods, and long before there was a climbing trail. Ease up on the anger dude, we don't care about your rants and neither does Arc'teryx

Oct. 10, 2016, 1:31 a.m.

Read again, morons.

If you don't understand that there's a serious adult discussion to be had about the pros and cons of resource roads - and steps to manage their effects on the part of trails associations and user groups - then you really need to stop smoking so much weed and give your collective heads a shake. #idiotmountainbikers #section57

-Jon

Lolz cause he spelled his name wrong. #conflictsanddisputes

Ahhh well this was a fun every 4-6 month nsmb check in. Thanks for that.

maybehesjusthangry..

Oct. 10, 2016, 7:49 a.m.

Read again, morons.

If you don't understand that there's a serious adult discussion to be had about the pros and cons of resource roads - and steps to manage their effects on the part of trails associations and user groups - then you really need to stop smoking so much weed and give your collective heads a shake. #idiotmountainbikers #section57

-Jon

Calm down, this is far from an adult conversation with your profanity and anger. Who the hell hashtags section 57 lol

Oct. 10, 2016, 8 a.m.

🍿

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Oct. 10, 2016, 8:03 a.m.

🍿

Werd

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 10, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

Read again, morons.

-Jon

Where's the mute button dammit this site needs a mute button or a kick switch cause this asshat is to much.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Oct. 10, 2016, 10:13 p.m.

So……. You saw Uncle Scrooge trolling last week and you wanted to give it a go and it didn't work out the way you wanted since you had pretty much no facts to back any of your claims? And then when you got some facts they made your claims irrelevant?

Going to be a long winter on NSMB boards.