stacy kohut on TV

Jan. 6, 2005, 12:54 p.m.

stacy, I have a question: what is the process for you to get up the lift? how do you get on, and what holds that pimp bike of yours?

Jan. 6, 2005, 12:59 p.m.

Originally posted by big ben
stacy, I have a question: what is the process for you to get up the lift? how do you get on, and what holds that pimp bike of yours?

He just rolls up, jumps on, and they put his rig in his lap and he holds it. Takes seconds, often faster than the noobs who can't seem to wheel their bikes into the trays properly.

Jan. 6, 2005, 1:33 p.m.

The way I see this is that Mr. Kohut is a great inspirational person and has allot that he wants to do in the rest of his life.

HOWEVER, the way that comes across to some people is a little harsh.

Me, I always offer help to people whether they are 'disabled' or not. I always hold the door for 'able' bodied people, people with strollers, the elderly and yes those in wheel chairs. I seem to think that Stacey does not like the idea if possibly being seen as disabled and not able to help himself. So if I were to open a door for him it would mean I was treating him like a person pushing a stroller or someone lesser. I can see how he may feel this way but if somebody offers you help saying thanks and taking their help is much better for society as a whole than if you say no thanks or even worse, snap at them.

I am going to make an analogy, "Let's say you have a what appears to be a friendly dog that is laying on the ground and you go to pet the dog behind the ears and it turns an snaps at you, your first reaction is to say, well FCUK YOU and give it a swift kick." This is the reaction people sometimes want to do to Mr. Kohut when he snaps at them. How are we suppose to know that you don't want help etc., etc., etc.

I have read many of Mr. Kohut's posts and have read many articles about him. I can honestly say that he in an inspiration to me to set a goal and work very, very hard for it. I however do not always agree with his opinion but hey that is okay for us to differ in opinion. I do however at times completely disagree with the way in which he treats people. I am referring to lashing out, all that does is make him look like a jerk and gets the other person mad at him.
My mother always told me to treat everyone with the same respect that you would like to receive in doing this, you will always have the respect of your peers. Patience and understanding go a long, long way.

Woof Woof

Jan. 6, 2005, 4:13 p.m.

agree with what junk yard dog sez,radical opinions are cool , treating the average joe like shit for no good reason isnt

bad ass dudes,perfectionists, people who are way over the top are not fun to be around but we all make our choices

Jan. 6, 2005, 7 p.m.

Originally posted by Coop
pro tip: when trying to be sarcastic about someone else being smarter than you, always make sure you're sentence makes sense.

:lol:

Stacy- you rock buddy :cool:

Jan. 6, 2005, 10:35 p.m.

Originally posted by stacy kohut
**is no worse on the 4 wheeler than the 2 wheeler.
i have had worse crashes on my 2 wheeler back in the day.

plus all the gear is the way to go, 4 or 2 wheels…………

hard work?, jumpin the 4 wheeler is pretty much as much work as the 2 wheel bike. **

I agree all the gear is the way to go!..and I would have thought the 4 wheeler is more work, at least upper body work…they look fun though!

www.gohuckyourself.com

Jan. 7, 2005, 1:27 a.m.

well i prefer to use the moto style chest protector because in my mind the current bicycle gear upper body units offer zero collar bone protection, and in all reality, thats why i even wear the upper body gear. sure the back is protected with both styles, but i feel only the moto style offers good collar bone protection.

totally agree, can't see all the hype about dianese and 661 body suits..there is no "real" chest, collarbone or shoulder protection..i've had 5 shoulder dislocations so protecting my shoulders is real important to me

if i look at the Dianese…a flimsy plastic plate i can bend with my thumbs..what is that going to do when i get a tree branch in the chest? or the worst has got to be the 661 "Steve Peat" doesnt even have plastic on the chest..just some foam…wtf?

personally i wear Fox Airframe for upper body and Dianese motobike 5 panel spine protector underneath the Airframe, for protecting spine from impact or hyperextension, also wearing a Fox Tracer MX helmet to stop foward extension or neck twist in crashes (the helmet works with the Airframe to limit head movement)

gotta dress for battle…cause you're gonna crash hard at some point :P

Jan. 7, 2005, 1:40 a.m.

Originally posted by hampstead bandit
*..what is that going to do when i get a tree branch in the chest? or the worst has got to be the 661 "Steve Peat" doesnt even have plastic on the chest..just some foam…wtf?

What kind of riding are you doing that is putting tree branches into your chest? Ever heard of an impaled rider in the chest? I sure haven't.

The "plastic foam" you are talking about….there is a layer of plastic under it, the point is to spread out the impact and absorb some of the impact.

Jan. 7, 2005, 5:04 a.m.

What kind of riding are you doing that is putting tree branches into your chest? Ever heard of an impaled rider in the chest? I sure haven't.

riding in a forest full of deadfall and trees? or just running into a big tree off a drop stunt, and bodyslamming it.

Or riding street and taking a fall (we had a rider in London last year impaled on a railing after screwing up a handrail…but rider took it in the guts, ok after emergency treatment)

I've had a good look at the 661 "SP", they have it at my LBS.

There isn't anything more substantial than the blue/black soft foam on the front (the back has a good spine protector)

i could not feel any "plastic" underneath the foam, there certainly wasn't any kind of hard plastic plate behind the soft foam, it was very easy to fold the foam front "protection" using my fingers, so can't see it stopping any real impact?

Jan. 7, 2005, 6:53 a.m.

alright, so Heidi Klum was a bad example…… You know what I'm saying about your presentation and your willing to accept that in exchange for being thought of an asshole by some. Nothing really left to argue. Keep spreading the good word…..

Jan. 7, 2005, 9:29 a.m.

[
pdirt,..
you like to open doors for people? you are the guy that always does it for everyone? guess what ?, i am that guy too.before and after spinal cord smashin………what can i do….stop? nope.

So, do ya get mad at me for trying to open a door for ya? … or do ya say, "thanks anyway dude I got 'er…"

than I'd say, "all good brother… have a good one."

;)

Jan. 7, 2005, 9:33 a.m.

**danny….
.anyway, i will admit that sometimes i am harsh, but for real here, its a package deal, you don't get the 'edgy, radical stacy' without the 'edgy harsh stacy', its one person, i have tried to tone down the harshness sometimes and it just takes away from the 'edgy radical stacy'………..i can live with it, i know i turn some people off with it , but deems da brakes………..

I would guess you were like that from day 1,if you were still on 2 legs you might be under the radar and we wouldnt be talking about this but instead you ended up in a bit of a fish bowl .

extreme personalities … most everyone I have ever known have to deal with an unbalanced lifestyle

I gotta give you major credit for trying,don't stop trying to find the balance

al

I think yer spelling might be worse than mine