Speeding cars on Fromme

Jan. 6, 2018, 5:22 p.m.

I was up riding on Fromme this afternoon and at 2:15 as I was pedaling up between the first and second switchbacks at the time, and three vehicles <span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">came speeding down the hill. Two of them were white newer pick up trucks (I think silverados) and the third one was a red wagon. (Older Subaru I think but can’t remember)</span>

The two white pick up trucks came down first and as we realize what was happening we blocked the third car to try and talk to them to slow down. The guy saw us trying to stop him and made a big effort to try and get around to the point his tires were very close to the edge of the ditch almost hitting us with this vehicle. Once he stopped we walked around to the driver door to talk to him to slow down along with the other trucks and he just replied with “Screw off”, and sped off down the hill again.

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">Does anyone know these cars or where they were coming from? There was one person in each car. If they are working, I would like to report their driving to their employer.</span>

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">There were lots of people all over the hill, children, dogs.. someone could have easily popped out of a run and gotten smoked by these guys. No care to anyone around them.</span>

<span style="-webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%;">Thanks</span>

Last edited by: Spy on Jan. 8, 2018, 8:36 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 8, 2018, 7:06 p.m.

I have a red Subaru and was driving right behind two white pick up trucks at around that time, but I don't believe I was speeding and definitely wasn't flagged down or approached by anyone. Just want that to be clear as I'm up there all the time and don't want to be given a bad rep for something I didn't do. 

The white trucks were probably there for work because the first one stopped right at the lower gate to have a conversation with the second one about the piece of equipment that was parked just below the gate, blocking traffic instead of pulling ahead by ten feet and moving to the empty curb lane...

Jan. 8, 2018, 8:31 p.m.

Who do they work for, or how can I get in touch with their employer? I'd like to at the very least give a reminder to slow down.

PS: I have know idea why my original post is formatted so weird... I try to edit it, but it looks normal in the edit window??

Jan. 9, 2018, 8:01 p.m.

Not sure. I didn't actually notice any branding on the trucks, but they were definitely talking about the excavator (?) that was parked just outside the gate. You might be able to ask the city if any crews were scheduled to work there that day.