Speed on the Shore

Sept. 2, 2005, 7:28 p.m.

even Neds won't be that much faster than the trails you mentioned. basically shore is slow speed tech for the most part.

i would suggest SFU / BBY mtn … or squamish / whistler

Don't send speed demons to SFU - it's silly enough that people shuttle it, the last thing it needs is to be turned into a mini-Neds.

Sept. 2, 2005, 7:56 p.m.

Don't send speed demons to SFU - it's silly enough that people shuttle it, the last thing it needs is to be turned into a mini-Neds.

:agree:
I shuttled it about 2 months ago with a couple of friends. Got there early and rode up, then came down Nicoles. Met my buds at the bottom, loaded up and drove to the top for a second run.

First run: 30 minutes round trip.
Second run: 80 minutes round trip, + we had to go back up to retrieve the other vehicle, + we had to pay for parking.

Shuttling there isn't worth the time, money…you name it. Besides, if you can't ride up to SFU, you're bike is too big, or you're not in good enough shape to ride, or both.

Sept. 2, 2005, 9:15 p.m.

:agree:
Shuttling there isn't worth the time, money…you name it. Besides, if you can't ride up to SFU, you're bike is too big, or you're not in good enough shape to ride, or both.

Two words… bus shuttle! You can get 2 or 3 trip in a single transfer. I know… I know… The depths of lame… Its a great way to spend a Sat or Sun AM, when you only have a small amount of time, tho.

There's something about using public transit for shutting that makes me feel less of a whore.

I learned the hard way to towel off my bike before the dog. I'd rather have a slightly oily dog than a hairy bike.

Beautiful west coast, ocean inspired pottery.

Sept. 2, 2005, 9:56 p.m.

Two words… bus shuttle! You can get 2 or 3 trip in a single transfer. I know… I know… The depths of lame… Its a great way to spend a Sat or Sun AM, when you only have a small amount of time, tho.

There's something about using public transit for shutting that makes me feel less of a whore.

Or you could just…. you know…. [HTML_REMOVED]gasp[HTML_REMOVED]…. pedal up the hill?
It's SFU man - it's like 30 minutes tops to climb it. Next time you're in the bus feeling 'less like a whore' please realize you really really are a whore.

Sept. 2, 2005, 10 p.m.

i bus shuttled sfu tonight, did 2 runs - we were short on time - slap me?

Sept. 2, 2005, 10:27 p.m.

i bus shuttled sfu tonight, did 2 runs - we were short on time - spank me?

:o

You naughty girl… ;)

Sept. 3, 2005, 12:35 a.m.

he doesn't sound like a speed demon. anyone learning on the shore may find it very slow and tough. wheares sfu would be comparadblyy faster and easier … theres really nothing on the shore like that of any substantial length.,

Sept. 3, 2005, 12:46 a.m.

Sounds like I'll have to hit Ned's for sure. I've actually heard more people talk about Ned's than any other trail on the Shore (besides UOC), not sure why but I should find out for myself. I was gonna run espresso yesterday but went for pipeline instead, oh well no regrets there. Where and what is this "SFU"? Sounds like a good place.
To the guy who said pipeline is easy and bomb-able - either you are a crazed lunatic who has mastered the art of nimble root and rock hoping, or your idea of "fast" is not the same as mine. Just kiddin - but I really can't see how anybody could go that FAST on pipeline, it just doesn't seem possible to me. Than again, I'm not that hardcore so what do I know? Either way, thanks to all for the input.

Cheers - Joe

Sept. 3, 2005, 12:52 a.m.

7th is already really fast….

Woodlot has some really fast trails.

Here's a section where you ride through a clearcut…

Sept. 3, 2005, 12:55 a.m.

when i ride shore, i am ususly the slowest guy in my group, but i usualy rite on the tail of my other buddy.. i find it realy hard to keep speed on shore.. its just so hard because you have to pretty much memorzie the trail… after riding whistler i was rite on the trail of the fastest rider in my group though, so it will be interesting, if i can take the speeds that i was doing at whistler and how i handled that and move it to the shore, i dont think it will happen tho.. i guess i will see tomorrow forsure! :)

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

Sept. 3, 2005, 8:49 a.m.

bus shuttling makes me smile.where else can you take public transit that is so cheap and ride some nice singletrack.

Sept. 3, 2005, 10:23 a.m.

you can go about 60km/hr down mt. seymour road.

faster if you don't brake as much as I do…

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Sept. 3, 2005, 10:36 a.m.

Go ride seventh again and now that you know what's where you'll see your flow will improve tenfold from time one to time 2. I've ridden that trail probably 20 times since I've moved here in October and I can flow it like mad now. It gets faster and faster each time. Same with all the other trails on the shore. You can't expect to roll up to the shore the first time and flow like in the videos. Those trails the guys are riding are their backyard trails…

-m

Sept. 3, 2005, 10:44 a.m.

7th is already really fast….

Woodlot has some really fast trails.

Here's a section where you ride through a clearcut…

i love that part..

Fear me. I have a Cabin in montana.
::Team Pancake Pride::

Sept. 3, 2005, 10:55 a.m.

i love that part..

but it's in a clear-cut?!

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com