Sombrio out of business?

Nov. 29, 2013, 9:45 a.m.

My knickers aren't in a twist. I was only pointing out the obvious.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Nov. 29, 2013, 9:48 a.m.

Some of my favourite gear over the years has been Sombrio. That being said it's been quite a while since I bought any. It's also been a long time since I saw much of their presence in shops around the lower mainland.

For me they got too hipstery and diverse while ignoring their core business.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Nov. 29, 2013, 9:58 a.m.

My knickers aren't in a twist. I was only pointing out the obvious.

Really ? because it sure looks like you have your panties shoved right up your ass.

Nov. 29, 2013, 10:17 a.m.

This is a shame to hear. I've amounted quite a collection of Sombrio gear over the years. I tend to wear my old pinned shorts and Tee jersey that get the job done.

I had a warranty issue with some shoes last year and they were very quick to take care of the issue and keep me happy.

I met Dave quite a few years ago with my little brother just showing up at the Sombrio office. He took the time to talk to us about what bikes we had, show us around and give us a bunch of stickers. Pretty cool for a couple kids at the time.

Best of luck to Dave in the future

Nov. 29, 2013, 10:50 a.m.

I really doubt any other companies would be responding to warranty issues and customer service when they're going out of business.

Anyway their solid woven jerseys took the cake on the mesh jobbies that TLD and Dakine put out

I wanna say thanks to Dave and his crew for introducing some fashion into the mtn bike world.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Nov. 29, 2013, 11 a.m.

For whats its worth, I have owned a good amount of Sombrio stuff in the past 7+ years (6 shorts, 3-4 jerseys, many many gloves, jacket). Yes, the gloves in the past 2 years have been pretty terrible, everything else is awesome. I ride with this stuff every day commuting to work and on the weekends.

I will really miss some their stuff. I love the "water proof" shorts I bought by mistake, and then liked them so much i bought a second pair on purpose. Durability has been good for me (except gloves), Sombrio owes me absolutely nothing…

Dave, good for you on running a great little company for a while. I know it can be tough, i wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

BC

Nov. 29, 2013, 11:05 a.m.

until I started wearing Nørrona Fjøra short.

I wear Norona shorts. They fit really small.

(Sorry Dave, I couldn't help myself.)

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 29, 2013, 11:08 a.m.

Just wanted to share a good story about Sombrio in a thread (mostly) filled with negativity.

Back when we filmed "I'm Faster than You" a video I'm sure most of you have see I contacted all the major clothing brands as we needed flashy gear to film with. We contacted multiple clothing companies and none were able to help. The day we had to film came and we were screwed with nothing to wear. We decided to reach out to Sombrio and THAT DAY they hooked us up with 2 complete kits, no charge and told us to keep them as long as we needed. Without them stepping up to support two guys who wanted to make a funny video I am not sure what we would have done. Sorry some of you had poor impressions of the company, just wanted to share a little story that might change your minds a little.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyTyjQbvylg

Nov. 29, 2013, 11:20 a.m.

Just wanted to share a good story about Sombrio in a thread (mostly) filled with negativity.

Back when we filmed "I'm Faster than You" a video I'm sure most of you have see I contacted all the major clothing brands as we needed flashy gear to film with. TLD told us to fuck off basically, Fox replied courteously and said they didn't have the budget and the others just never replied. The day we had to film came and we were screwed with nothing to wear. We decided to reach out to Sombrio and THAT DAY they hooked us up with 2 complete kits, no charge and told us to keep them as long as we needed. Without them stepping up to support two guys who wanted to make a funny video I am not sure what we would have done. Sorry some of you had poor impressions of the company, just wanted to share a little story that might change your minds a little.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyTyjQbvylg

Cool that Sombrio helped you out! You seem to be wearing TLD in more than half of the video however…

Nov. 29, 2013, 11:39 a.m.

Cool that Sombrio helped you out! You seem to be wearing TLD in more than half of the video however…

Borrowed from a friend the night before as we thought we were screwed and Lynn Valley bikes was thoughtful enough to help us out with a women's kit as well.

Nov. 29, 2013, 12:01 p.m.

i bought a pair of sombrio shorts many, many moons ago that were among the best fitting and looking pieces of clothing i have ever owned, though of late their stuff hasn't appealed to me. my son has ridden their pumptrack at a few events over the years and loved it - such a cool thing to be able to bring out, although i always wondered how the setup (truck and track) was feasible from a business standpoint. but it definitely stood out. 15 years in a niche area of the bike industry seems like a decent run

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 29, 2013, 1:14 p.m.

I really doubt any other companies would be responding to warranty issues and customer service when they're going out of business.

True, although I did try and start this warranty back in AUGUST and I just got a hold of them a week ago and they said they would get back to me last Friday on how to get warranty sorted.

I do like the shoes I got from them and I have some 4 or 5 year old shorts that are still going strong. As a mater of fact I just got back from a quick ride at the woddlot in my Sombrio shoes!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Nov. 29, 2013, 1:24 p.m.

huh; i saw the big rig this year and was thinking wow, they're more profitable than i would have expected for a (relatively) small shop. alas this was not the case.

Nov. 29, 2013, 1:35 p.m.

Bummer, sorry to hear this. I don't have much Sombrio stuff but what I do have is rad.

This seems like a good opportunity for new ownership to step in and rebuild. I mean look at Raceface, comin on stronger than ever these days.

Cam all those idle truckloads of nsmb cash can be put to use!

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Nov. 29, 2013, 1:51 p.m.

Cam all those idle truckloads of nsmb cash can be put to use!

yeah time to ditch those tacos and step up to a real shuttle truck..

that Sombrio hauler would make a epic mtn truck:coo: