Sombrio out of business?

Jan. 20, 2014, 4:48 p.m.

^you mean Dorel group?

Well yes that's the money side.

Jan. 20, 2014, 6:16 p.m.

dorel owns cosco..?

Interesting. I thought Cosco was totally Chinese owned. I'm still trying to figure out if Cosco Juvenile owned by Dorel is related to COSCO.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 20, 2014, 6:21 p.m.

This is good news. It should also mean the quality, messed up sizing and availability issues get fixed. Time will tell where the brand goes.
Sugoi, ditch the cartoon graphics.

Jan. 20, 2014, 6:37 p.m.

Interesting. I thought Cosco was totally Chinese owned. I'm still trying to figure out if Cosco Juvenile owned by Dorel is related to COSCO.

yup - they own COSCO as well, the company that sells office products like hand trucks and carts.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 20, 2014, 6:39 p.m.

This is good news. …

i was thinkn this as well…

make clothes for adults dammit!

Jan. 20, 2014, 6:48 p.m.

"SUGOI is a division of Dorel Industries (TSX: DII.B, DII.A). Dorel creates style and excitement in equal measure to safety, quality and value. Dorel’s powerfully branded products include Safety 1st, Quinny, Cosco, Maxi-Cosi and Bébé Confort in Juvenile, as well as Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, Caloi, IronHorse and SUGOI in Recreational/Leisure. Dorel has annual sales of US$2.6 billion andemploys 6,300 people in facilities located in twenty-four countries worldwide"

From PB.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:28 p.m.

yup - they own COSCO as well, the company that sells office products like hand trucks and carts.

"SUGOI is a division of Dorel Industries (TSX: DII.B, DII.A). Dorel creates style and excitement in equal measure to safety, quality and value. Dorel’s powerfully branded products include Safety 1st, Quinny, Cosco, Maxi-Cosi and Bébé Confort in Juvenile, as well as Cannondale, Schwinn, GT, Mongoose, Caloi, IronHorse and SUGOI in Recreational/Leisure. Dorel has annual sales of US$2.6 billion andemploys 6,300 people in facilities located in twenty-four countries worldwide"

From PB.

Yah, but if you mine the Dorel website, they link to Cosco Juvenile only, which sells kid's stuff like child safety locks, car seats, strollers and the like, and they are clearly Canada/USA based. Whereas COSCO (China Overseas Shipping Co) - you know, all those shipping containers you see running around town - is owned by the Chinese government with headquarters in Beijing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COSCO

I'm so confused.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:34 p.m.

let there be light…seems like they make stuff for cosco?

http://www.dorel.com/eng/cosco

from the webzz

About Us

Stands the Test of Time

For over 65 years, Cosco Home and Office Products continues to lead the industry as the largest manufacturer of folding furniture, step stools and ladders. From the beginning, with the production of a tin match box, Cosco has introduced and produced innovative products with tremendous value and quality that stand the test of time. Cosco takes great care in the design and testing and remains "recall-free".

Where it all started…

Cosco was founded in 1939 as the Columbus Specialty Company with the invention of a tin matchbox that dispensed new matches while providing a place for used ones. In 1941, we introduced patented all-metal kitchen stools; the first full line of household stools manufactured by one company. But of course, we didn't stop there.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:42 p.m.

And all of that is unrelated to CosTco, the big box retailer. Except that Costco uses Cosco as a shipper for all their Chinese made junk.

Jan. 20, 2014, 7:47 p.m.

there's two cosco's.

the shipping company and the products company. dorel owns the products company.

maybe if ken had specified the shipping company he wouldn't be so confused.

and yes costco sells stuff made by cosco shipped to them by cosco.

edit by the way cosco the products company has a logo with it's name in caps - hence your confusion i would guess

http://www.coscoproducts.com/eng/

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 21, 2014, 7:07 a.m.

And all of that is unrelated to CosTco, the big box retailer. Except that Costco uses Cosco as a shipper for all their Chinese made junk.

ahhh its costco…we don't have those over here in the sticks…my bad.

Jan. 21, 2014, 11:07 a.m.

This is good news. It should also mean the quality, messed up sizing and availability issues get fixed. Time will tell where the brand goes.

Interesting, I've heard things about Sombrio's sizing, yet the stuff I've owned has always fit very well, and I'm a normal medium sized guy. It's Sugoi who I've found to have messed up sizing. Their medium shorts and tights are huge, but according to their size chart they should fit me perfect or maybe even a touch small!

Jan. 21, 2014, 8:07 p.m.

Interesting, I've heard things about Sombrio's sizing, yet the stuff I've owned has always fit very well, and I'm a normal medium sized guy. It's Sugoi who I've found to have messed up sizing. Their medium shorts and tights are huge, but according to their size chart they should fit me perfect or maybe even a touch small!

For me a xxl jersey. Yet I wear a Large in other brands. I believe production runs varied. Shorts sizing is are all over the place. Hard to order online when you don't know what you are getting

Jan. 21, 2014, 8:19 p.m.

Who cares what "size" you have to wear. Buy whatever size fits you best. Seems like the jerseys I was wearing a few years ago were FR Slim cut, now this season they changed the cuts to FR so they're longer/baggier. Might get a seamstress to make appropriate adjustments for me.

Im going to blame all you for your constant crying over being muffin-topped men for the change in cuts

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 21, 2014, 9:27 p.m.

Im going to blame all you for your constant crying over being muffin-topped men for the change in cuts

ok , that actually made me laff.