SNAPS

April 12, 2021, 6:25 p.m.

Snaps for the trail ferries who made GSM, smooth as a baby bottom. Although I love a challenging climb, I dont love it when it is only challenging due to severe ruts and erosion. Good sir Martin is back to being a glorious single track climb and I don't think I've ever had my climb up be that smooth or enjoyable.

I went and donated a little extra to NSMBA today just because of that work.

April 13, 2021, 1:30 p.m.

I was a bit bummed that a couple of spots that I have to pay attention to clean are now gone, but I assume that a smoother trail withstands high use better than a rough one, so understandable if it reduces the amount of maintenance hours required.

Similar on Lower Severed... the new ramp and improved flow is plenty fun, and makes a nice intermediate loop on the lower mountain, but it was always satisfying to get through that rowdy section clean after having had one of my biggest wrecks there when I was a relatively new rider.

It's all good, and thanks to the builders for all they do!

Last edited by: PaulB on April 13, 2021, 1:32 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
April 13, 2021, 2:21 p.m.

So is it all good to go for the e-bike assault?

April 13, 2021, 4:18 p.m.

Pretty cool and synchronous that Penny Deck won the Nobl wheels trail love contest : https://noblwheels.com/blog/penny-nobl-trail-love-finalist/

April 27, 2021, 12:35 a.m.

The amount of time Penny, Martin and whichever others maintain Penny/GSM/Severed/John Deer must spend out there is insane. Trails running so well this spring despite crazy traffic.