smooth, flat trails

June 1, 2009, 1:07 p.m.

I'm trying to introduce my girlfriend to the joys of mountain biking, but I'm struggling to find any trails that are easy enough. I only moved to Vancouver last year, so my local knowledge isn't great.

She's not very confident on a bike [HTML_REMOVED] a little lacking in fitness, so I'd like to find some smooth gravel trails, away from traffic [HTML_REMOVED] with no particularly big hills.

Can anyone recommend anywhere suitable where she can build up some confidence? I took her along the Fort to Fort trail in Langley [HTML_REMOVED] that was ideal, somewhere a bit less 'Langley' would be good though.

Thanks

June 1, 2009, 1:10 p.m.

Bridle Path?
Seymour Demo Forest - Circuit 8

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 1, 2009, 1:15 p.m.

Burnaby Mountain 'North Road' trail is probably easy enough for her, with just enough to keep you interested as well…

June 1, 2009, 1:15 p.m.

Bridle Path?
Seymour Demo Forest - Circuit 8

fogedaboudit…

UBC endowment land (aka Pacific Spirit Park) is the place for a real beginner. Then Delta Watershed next.

June 1, 2009, 1:16 p.m.

Pacific Spirit Park in the UBC Endowment Lands or the trails in Stanley Park are a good bet

June 1, 2009, 1:19 p.m.

Lower trails in Burnaby Mountain like Dead Moped, North Road trail

June 1, 2009, 1:31 p.m.

those trails in BBY Mtn are't what I would call beginner easy, as they have lots of bridges etc.

There are some gravel trails around Colony Farms, or along the water in New west.

how about the Traboulay Trail in POCO?? I had Mr. Traboulay for French in G9 when he taught at BBY Central)

http://www.city.port-coquitlam.bc.ca/__shared/assets/Traboulay_PoCo_Trail_Map_-_Printable_PDF736.pdf

I think that kind of stuff is more what you are looking for.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

June 1, 2009, 1:36 p.m.

^^^ that's a good one Connor

the Coquitlam River/Hyde Creek trail (in green) is a good route for a raw beginner. As she progresses a bit you can take her a bit north of that up the Crystal Falls. The terrain is a teeny bit rougher and some small logs to get over etc.

June 1, 2009, 1:45 p.m.

^^^ that's a good one Connor

the Coquitlam River/Hyde Creek trail (in green) is a good route for a raw beginner. As she progresses a bit you can take her a bit north of that up the Crystal Falls. The terrain is a teeny bit rougher and some small logs to get over etc.

and you don't have to drive to UBC…

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

June 1, 2009, 1:45 p.m.

what lee said . . .

ride a bit , lunch and beers at the SUB , smoke break at the cliffs at museum of anthropolgy , do some pavement patterns on the boulevards then get naked at wreck .

sounds like a great afternoon of introductory mountain biking

June 1, 2009, 1:47 p.m.

if you come to whistler, lost lake has an amazing trail network for beginners, and intermediate/advanced riders as well!

June 1, 2009, 1:50 p.m.

what lee said . . .

ride a bit , lunch and beers at the SUB , smoke break at the cliffs at museum of anthropolgy , do some pavement patterns on the boulevards then get naked at wreck .

sounds like a great afternoon of introductory doing mushrooms

June 1, 2009, 1:59 p.m.

and you don't have to drive to UBC…

but you have to drive to coquitlam? :rolleyes:

all depends on where the OP lives.

June 1, 2009, 2:01 p.m.

I only moved to Vancouver last year

oh, wait… which is closer?

June 1, 2009, 2:42 p.m.

Thanks for the info guys… I think the Port Coquitlam trails or Delta Watershed would be best.