Skiing fromme

Dec. 31, 2016, 6:55 p.m.

So ski tracks spotted on fromme today by a friend on a hike. So looks likes a bunch more snow in forecast.
If the dream becomes a reality what would be the best area to ski down would one think? Maybe the crinkum area? This could be good.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 31, 2016, 9:45 p.m.

never done it, but turns off the west side of fromme peak would be sick. steep enough in there to be interesting and high enough to have good snow pack

krinkum seems way too flat to be a good ski

Jan. 1, 2017, 1:25 a.m.

Those ski tracks were most likely my roommates. He went to summit fromme and said there was probably close to 3 meters of snow up there. He didnt make it to the top though as he was breaking trail the whole way up. Apparently lots of really awesome terrain if you are willing to go through the trees!!

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Jan. 1, 2017, 9:32 a.m.

Where is the snowline now? Worth heading to Fromme with snowshoes?

Jan. 1, 2017, 1:25 p.m.

Definitely enough snow up there for snow shoeing. There is 3-4 inches of new in my yard in Lynn valley. Rode up as far as the water towers and came down king of the Shore. Fun times! Going to try skiing down bobsled next.

Jan. 1, 2017, 2:44 p.m.

Didnt need snowshoes all the way up no Quarter. Dreamweaver at Executioner could have used them but didnt need to. Hard crust with 2" dust at DW/Ex this afternoon.

Jan. 1, 2017, 5:54 p.m.

Skinned up to 5th, skied Crinkum, Bobsled, today. So.Much.Fun! One patch of dirt on one of the lower corners on Bobsled you need to watch for. Crazy windy in there late afternoon though, snow and branches coming down. Snow will be still be good tomorrow. First ski descent of Mountain Highway to Mill street too, just stayed along the edge. A memorable first for us!

Jan. 1, 2017, 9:03 p.m.

Skinned up to 5th, skied Crinkum, Bobsled, today. So.Much.Fun! One patch of dirt on one of the lower corners on Bobsled you need to watch for. Crazy windy in there late afternoon though, snow and branches coming down. Snow will be still be good tomorrow. First ski descent of Mountain Highway to Mill street too, just stayed along the edge. A memorable first for us!

Ha! Nice!

Jan. 1, 2017, 10:57 p.m.

The boy and I skinned up to the 3rd corner. Kirkford was pretty exciting but had plenty of snow cover. The trail is a bit of a trench from the snowshoe traffic (the kid was gapping it) but there are plenty of optional routes down. Floppy bunny was wicked fun. Skied the drop in and all of the jumps and wooden rollers. No bare spots at all. KOTS was a bit thin but we were still able to get all the way down and out to McNair. Great day playing in the snow!

Jan. 2, 2017, 9:18 a.m.

2x reps or upvotes, thumbs up, likes, whatever we do nowadays :)

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Jan. 2, 2017, 2:05 p.m.

Skinned up to the 6th switchback last week. Not enough snow to warrant skiing fall line between switchbacks (Executioner or Ladies)at the time…not a fan of those horizontal logs where the skis go under, but the rest of me doesn't.
That said, I did return on my skin track (pole pushing…especially between 3rd and 2nd switchback) and boot packed down the BP to McNair Ave. Made some nice turns on Ramsay Street.
I'll wait for at least another sizeable dump before trying again.

Jan. 2, 2017, 4:20 p.m.

Not fromme but years ago, think it was 96, did numerous darkside runs from below the old ridge chair to the bp by quarry rock and right into the cove.had to know where you were going or else youd end up in woodlands or worse…some impressively big timber and good spacing on that side

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 2, 2017, 8 p.m.

Where is the snowline now? Worth heading to Fromme with snowshoes?

Below the mall

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Jan. 3, 2017, 8:22 p.m.

Skinned up today to have a look, way more filled in than I expected .
Skied down Crinkum back to Mtn Hwy then down Floppy.
The melt freeze was a bit shit but the next two weeks weather could make the dream a reality.

Jan. 4, 2017, 7:43 a.m.

What would you think the best route to Fromme Peak would be? Skin up the hiking trail from the gravel pit?