Shore's Future not so bright

June 12, 2014, 10:54 p.m.

We rode up Old Buck, over to that new Severed Entrance, out on Baden Powell to the powerlines to Forever After, over to Greenland and Bottletop. It was as much fun as I've had on a bike in a while. Evidence of all the new trailwork and just how bright the Shore's future is on every trail. I'd say things have never been better.

Oh look,its one of those old farts they were talking about in the Straight.

Pastor of Muppets

June 13, 2014, 10:49 a.m.

Oh look,its one of those old farts they were talking about in the Straight.

it's all fun and games til I crush your toes with my walker

June 13, 2014, 11:52 a.m.

it's all fun and games til I crush your toes with my walker

don't you mean scooter?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 13, 2014, 3:44 p.m.

One thing you can not debate…. You guys are coming down pretty hard on a guy that grew up in the area.

June 13, 2014, 4:14 p.m.

Gords three circles showing land managers expectations, riders desires and builders visions was excellent last night. Weren't at the meeting to know what I'm talking about? Get involved.

https://vimeo.com/96783358

take a look at Gord's excellent presentation at the NSMBA Open House last month. It applies to all trails on public land and private land that you don't own.

June 16, 2014, 8:46 p.m.

After seeing so many signs getting stolen, and screws just thrown on the ground on Fromme today, my wife and I did come across a brief moment of hope for humanity while walking the hound down a trail not a million miles away from Dempsey / Braemar. Stikman/woman had clearly been busy and after a while we thought 'feck it….' and started clearing the trail on the way down. After a short while we heard the sound of wood being thrown down and caught sight of an elderly woman. 'Uh oh…this is going to get interesting….'.

We carried on hiking down only to see this friendly elderly Scottish (I think) lady with walking poles hiking up with her dog. While our dogs played she commented that she's always hiking up this trail and clearing it after stikperson keeps blocking it. We chatted for a bit and went on our ways. Anyway big respect to her!

treezz
wow you are a ass

June 17, 2014, 12:03 p.m.

For a sec there I thought you'd caught the Asshole Lady on her Asshole trail. The dogwalkers say its an old woman. It really should be called the Cunt trail but for years we assumed it was a guy so Asshole kinda stuck. Shore history right there.

You should train your dog to move the sticks

whats the story with screws? where was that? tubeless ftw

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

June 17, 2014, 12:14 p.m.

whats the story with screws? where was that? tubeless ftw

Someone seems to be collecting their favourite trail head signs. Removing the screws that they were mounted with taking the sign and just leaving the screws at the base of the post.

June 17, 2014, 8:04 p.m.

After seeing so many signs getting stolen, and screws just thrown on the ground on Fromme today, my wife and I did come across a brief moment of hope for humanity while walking the hound down a trail not a million miles away from Dempsey / Braemar. Stikman/woman had clearly been busy and after a while we thought 'feck it….' and started clearing the trail on the way down. After a short while we heard the sound of wood being thrown down and caught sight of an elderly woman. 'Uh oh…this is going to get interesting….'.

We carried on hiking down only to see this friendly elderly Scottish (I think) lady with walking poles hiking up with her dog. While our dogs played she commented that she's always hiking up this trail and clearing it after stikperson keeps blocking it. We chatted for a bit and went on our ways. Anyway big respect to her!

I have had a few talks with stick lady over the last few years. I wish I had a camera each time. The rants and justification are off the charts. When pointing out the hazards / liabilities she was creating she threatens to sue me…

June 18, 2014, 9:47 a.m.

Someone seems to be collecting their favourite trail head signs. Removing the screws that they were mounted with taking the sign and just leaving the screws at the base of the post.

what kind of screws did you use? if you don't want your signs removed we have found that Roberstons are the best

June 18, 2014, 10:47 a.m.

what kind of screws did you use? if you don't want your signs removed we have found that Roberstons are the best

I like to use Robertsons then a drill bit to round out the square to perfect round. The only way to get the screw out is a crowbar, and not many thieves carry easyouts.

I hate sign thieves.

June 18, 2014, 10:58 a.m.

I like to use Robertsons then a drill bit to round out the square to perfect round. The only way to get the screw out is a crowbar, and not many thieves carry easyouts.

I hate sign thieves.

i hate thieves in general, especially the girl that stole my heart.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 18, 2014, 12:35 p.m.

DH rigs are good for two things. Driving your fat ass to teh top, or sitting your fat ass on a chairlift. Bikes are for pedaling, and modern 6X6 will climb to any gnarly descent. Try it, and you will find the goods trust me. Builders aren't dumb anymore, shuttle sluts will destroy your trail in two weeks!

I hike my dh bike up and ride every trail I can, you can't just lump dh bikes into trail shredding rear brake locking morons, because it's all relative to the sport.

The shore died years ago with chainsaws and clouds of sawdust. What was left over was what we see today, riding has changed and bikes have changed to adapt to the new "pussy" style of mountain biking on the shore.

So what, there are still gems out in the burbs with many technical natural features, go ride them and enjoy the lack of crowds with there TLD visors and armour to the tits for trails that are not double black diamond, but only labeled so because some kid hurt himself.

You would laugh at how many people ask me why my bars are still so skinny, and why I don't have a troy lee. Mostly because I'm old school, but also because I know wide bars are for poser fanbois and a skate lid is perfectly fine if you can fall properly and not use your face to stop your motion.

Clunking is for retards.

June 18, 2014, 7:27 p.m.

Ledges, Newt Sac, Morning Sickness…. all are in awesome shape with old school tech and will rock your skills! Oh wait wrong wrong North Shore… :p

aside from some of the newer ramp that's been built on newtsac those trails are all pretty mellow, even on a 145mm bike. Not dick swinging just speculating that the next time you're visiting you should explore a little more and ride the good stuff :)

June 18, 2014, 9:57 p.m.

Titebond construction adhesive and then screwed on. They would have to spend half an hour chiselling them off and they'ed be in 10 pieces.

I'll happily glue on the new ones if required.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman