Shore's Future not so bright

May 28, 2014, 3:45 p.m.

Old school, new school, no idea school. Interesting original post. Only been riding the Shore for two years as I rode mostly road and touring bikes. That all changed one day coming down from a day of skiing on Seymour when I saw a bunch of guys huffing and puffing up to a trail head. I did some asking around bought a bike (that is more bike than I’ll probably ever need) and saw the trees instead of the forest. Being a newbie I have no reference point for the old days which I feel is a great advantage. Every day I ride the Shore I love the place more and more. From the easy greenie trails to the more difficult ones that continually knock me on my *ss, I believe The Shore has an amazingly bright future due to the fact that there is a dedicated group of people that build, maintain, lobby, promote and ride it. Bright sunny day or in the pissing rain the place is a sanctuary from the day to day BS of city and working life.

Only regret I have is that in my late forties it takes much longer to heal after I lay myself out on a trail. Thank God for armour.

Safe Riding.

May 28, 2014, 7:58 p.m.

Grannies, Upper Oil Can, Boundary, Crippler, Skull, Old Expresso, Bookwus, Pink Starfish, lower ladies…. hell even Executioner can fit in there it's back to being rough around the edges. All freaking there, all rideable, all old school per say that's just on Fromme I'm sure you can build some skills on those if not I can expand on a few more if you want but I'm sure since you grew up here like me you should already know……. People have the right to express themselves I get that but your points have no merit. I have a 3 year old and I do know there will always be trails to progress skills. Hell I barely have any trails to take my 3 year old son on so I say to you, get a clue. Just because there are no drops to flat or humper logs thank The Lord does not mean our progression for kids is dead. More people should spend there time actually doing something to help the sport instead of being Whiney babies that have to express themselves on a forum to stir a pot that's been stirred over and over to feel like they are making some kind of difference.

Everyone run the sport is dead, Hundreds of riders daily enjoying themselves….Weekends it's busier then a damn zoo… Very unhealthy…. :lol:

May 28, 2014, 8:12 p.m.

160 riders @ Wades Excellent Adventure on the weekend will all unanimously agree that the Shore isn't dead, that in fact it is quite alive and well. Loved the course of new and old school. Funny how all the Whistler mutants were mentioning how "non-flowy" the shore was to race……………….

Shed head!

May 28, 2014, 8:13 p.m.

Do you know why PinkStarfish was closed down? I bet not…. It wasn't because the drops to flat. It was because that very rock you speak of runs through a riparian zone. And also because people complained instead of taking action and trying to fix the old manky greasy wood work that they loved but didn't want to fix.

But some might like the drop to flat. Are we going to close the trail to exclude them simply because we cannot do what they do? Personally I love Pink Starfish. I love the rockface at the end, and with the exception with a couple of features, I love Pink Starfish. But this is my point. Am I exclusionary or solitary? If I am the latter, then then we have trouble.

May 29, 2014, 10:18 a.m.

I can't find it to quote it but somewhere blackfly mentioned that we lost Pile of Rocks.

I had to hold back on commenting at the time as I had not announced the Wade's course, but Pile of Rocks is not gone, just kinda forgotten. We got a permit to run the event on it. My first trip down it to check it out and the trail was littered with twigs and the forest wanted to take it back. We brushed back the face slappers and cleaned it up in a few spots. People were surprised by it.

May 29, 2014, 10:21 a.m.

pile of rocks was awesome in the event!

May 29, 2014, 11:09 a.m.

Didn't get out for WEA, but the photos made me want to go check out Pile of Rocks! Looks fun.

Ride, don't slide.

May 29, 2014, 11:58 a.m.

photos and vid of Pile of $3!+ are very flattering imo

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 29, 2014, noon

definitely some fun lines on POR. always neat rediscovering stuff like this.

May 29, 2014, 12:40 p.m.

PoR would be great line into executioner for that little bit more of elevation…….

Shed head!

May 29, 2014, 1:42 p.m.

I can't find it to quote it but somewhere blackfly mentioned that we lost Pile of Rocks.

People were surprised by it.

That makes sense because we used to call it Whoafuck after a certain spot that kinda came up suddenly.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

May 29, 2014, 1:57 p.m.

photos and vid of Pile of $3!+ are very flattering imo

Certainly not claiming it to be the best trail on the mountain, not even in the top 10. Just wanted to point out that it's not gone and not been taken away from us.

May 30, 2014, 3:59 p.m.

I haven't been on the old nsmb forums for a looooooooooooooooooong time now. And this was the first thread at the top of the list when I decided to check it out today…looks like nothing has changed. (this may say something to a few people who believe I was reincarnated as another member…)

I'll go back to hiding in the north now where the trails and loamy, flowy, and see less riders in a whole year than most shore trails do in an hour.

In the meantime, if you are allergic to change, I suggest you throw out your cell phone, computer, flat screen tv, new vehicle, etc. and go live in a cave. That's what your grandfather would have thought about changing technology in the world anyways…and everybody who complains about the changing trails is no different

May 31, 2014, 8:15 p.m.

Ledges, Newt Sac, Morning Sickness…. all are in awesome shape with old school tech and will rock your skills! Oh wait wrong wrong North Shore… :p

June 2, 2014, 10:17 p.m.

Ledges, Newt Sac, Morning Sickness…. all are in awesome shape with old school tech and will rock your skills! Oh wait wrong wrong North Shore… :p

hmph…..newtsac….

I'm ignoring Smedley.