Shore Play Exploits

April 1, 2011, 4:41 p.m.

Hmmm… from what I can tell you suffer from the same issue. Just from the opposite side of the argument.

Irony??

No not at all, I wouldnt do anything to that overtly aggressive and dangerous no matter what my beliefs are. If I built the trail and it was modified, I'd welcome it and try the new lines myself. Or id ride the line I built. I wouldnt block lines on a high speed trail knowing people are expecting them to be open, thats foolish behavior.

April 1, 2011, 5:24 p.m.

How about you read my post instead of just waiting for your turn to write, you'll see that my story is consistent. What you believe and what is reality are two different things. The fact that someone has made braids wasnt the issue, they exist. My beef is those who plug the braids in a bad way that is designed to cause injury. I've put a lot of laps on Shoreplay, these lines have always been clear, they were clear the last Friday when we rode and blocked not even 12 hrs later, one block was done at the very bottom of a steep line, a block that almost took out 2 riders who were going at considerable speeds. That has always been the story. I'll call out that practice everytime I see it.

The way that log was placed was done by a human and I seriously doubt it was a hiker, it was a nut bag zealot holier than thou fackhead who wanted to teach braid riders a lesson, thats my take and thats why I bitched. End of story. I've never said creating braids was good but on Shoreplay these lines do seem natural and they flow and they are not disruptive to the regular lines, some of the regular lines are naturally being taken out by nature, so these braids serve a purpose.

So some of you want to pooh pooh poor Freddy for stating he wants to ride the lines that the trail obviously has and I'm not the only one hitting the lines, its not reasonable to block these lines on a high speed trail just to satisfy the builders ego or your version of how the trail should run, especially if riders who frequent the trails on a regular basis expect the lines to be open. Its also unreasonable to say dont ride the trail blind. Natural interference I can deal with, this I wont deal with. Its selfish and ignorant behavior.

Bottom line if you built it great thanks, you dont own it weather you put your blood sweat and tears into it or not. Whoever did that block knows it was wrong and did it for one reason to fuck someone up and to make them think twice about choosing that line. You cannot defend that action.

So fack you and the horse you rode in on.

i agree with most but disagree with the bolded

its totally reasonable for a builder to deactivate braids, snakes and dangles. if a builder feels they detract from the original line or cause erosion/damage, then by all means its a fair game to SAFELY block the braids.

just because you're pinning it and you might eat shit doesn't mean the builder can't block lines that they don't like

if someone isn't the active builder/maintainer of a trail i'd say its ok to block lines that are causing erosion/damage. if a new line is formed and isn't compromising the orginal line you should probably just get over yourself and leave it be for the original builder to deal with if they so choose

thats pretty reasonable, no?

April 1, 2011, 5:39 p.m.

65% of that trail is erosion, it's on a fall line. Water always take s the path of least resistant. One braid cuts a corner,and i agree it's bad,the others have a natural flow and do not cause any further damage to the trail,if anything they are better lines because the original lines are rutted to the point where bikes get damaged( cranks and drive train parts) but hey keep on fighting amongst yourselves it is quite entertaining. Freddy your beating a dead horse,you said some stupid shit and were threatening violence,don't blame the Masses for piping up. At the end of the day all lines will be ridden,people will bitch some will rage. I ride!

April 1, 2011, 5:44 p.m.

You ride the builders line, end of story, if you dont like it, then fack off yourself, go build your own trail! Show a little respect for the people that ARE putting the time in, hear that, its not about owning, its about showing a little respect! If you cant do that, mindless leach sums it up! Piss ants! This isnt even an argument, its a standard, and it should continue to be so, in my humble opinion!

April 1, 2011, 5:46 p.m.

This isnt even an argument, its a standard, and it should continue to be so, in my humble opinion!

Humble opinions are best expressed without exclamation marks. ;)

flickr

April 1, 2011, 5:47 p.m.

I see that braiding is a delicate subject around here, rightly so. I've been riding BC for a long time, and it's pretty rare to see braiding anywhere but here on the coast. I guess because there is shit load of traffic and a wide skill set… so we need to talk about it.

One thing for sure, I never really understood the mindset for piling crap on 'new' lines either. If you stop and look, usually the new line is obviously the right line for flow and erosion… and the forest will take the old line in no time. On the other hand of course this is Not always teh case, because we also see a ton of 'ride around' on difficult trails, which irks me personally… because then said difficult trail attracts the masses, and the beat down… which I know is going to get some of your panties in a bunch, because 'the trails are for everybody'. I guess everybody can't be happy. But does it really matter anyways? Cypes is sadly doomed, so yeah that new line is pretty meaningless now isn't it?

April 1, 2011, 6:01 p.m.

I see that braiding is a delicate subject around here, rightly so. I've been riding BC for a long time, and it's pretty rare to see braiding anywhere but here on the coast. I guess because there is shit load of traffic and a wide skill set… so we need to talk about it.

braiding happens elsewhere all the time.

wayy less riders + no one really cares + 10x's less precipitation = no big deal

April 1, 2011, 6:19 p.m.

Hiding behind aliases no I think not. I am able to put a face to the NSMB users so I am able to say that they do not hide behind an alias. Your point of view is skewed.

King of Fasia… Now that is the perfect example of a ass hiding behind his online alias. Great input to the thread FFS. One post in here and he tells him to QFT. Get real. Neg rep for that punk because in RL a face to face comment like that might send you to the dentist.

You boys need to turn off the auto pilot and be situational aware. Just my two cents, based on my own experiences and bruises. Braid blocks pop up all the time, get used to it. I have been on auto pilot in the past and have been surprised more than once by a fallen tree or a line that suddenly is no longer a line the builder wants you riding.

Bottom line is be prepared for the unknown, trails change. The day will come when you guys build your own trail and you get to see it from the other side. I hope that day comes soon so you can recharge that trail karma.

Keep ripping it up Mon Ami

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

April 1, 2011, 6:25 p.m.

King of Fasia… Now that is the perfect example of a ass hiding behind his online alias. Great input to the thread FFS. One post in here and he tells him to QFT. Get real. Neg rep for that punk because in RL a face to face comment like that might send you to the dentist.

so if he quotes you for the truth in real life, you're going to knock his teeth out…jeez guys relax

Parking lot punter with a beer belly

April 1, 2011, 6:36 p.m.

Braid blocks pop up all the time, get used to it. I have been on auto pilot in the past and have been surprised more than once by a fallen tree or a line that suddenly is no longer a line the builder wants you riding.

Bottom line is be prepared for the unknown, trails change.

Bingo.

This is not riding at Joyride 150 where it's the same day in and day out. Trails do change especially when they are near civilization.

Guess we will be seeing a thread bitching about how dare trees fall down on the trail in the next windstorm next.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 1, 2011, 7:07 p.m.

There are numerous meanings to that acronym, the usual forum usage is "Quoted For Truth" or "Quite Fucking True". If you took it to mean "Quit Fucking Talking", I think you mistook Fasia's meaning. Bad assumption I guess.

flickr

April 1, 2011, 7:23 p.m.

so much hostility here.. STFU, oil your chains. Supposed to be nice on Sat. go ride! :beer:

April 1, 2011, 7:42 p.m.

Aaaah, haha, new I was pushing it with the exclamation mark.

April 2, 2011, 12:18 a.m.

I was wondering what QFT was,i took it to mean quite fucking true,who cares i don't. Everyone has an opinion,most of the time can't be bothered with this site full of babies crying or political kaka. If i see a line i ride it end of story. If it bothers you,too bad don't really give a shit,get off my mountain,it's mine, all mine,and when you hear me coming Track bitches.See you on the slopes.

April 2, 2011, 12:44 a.m.

Thats it, im goin up n blockin out every fairy line i see tomorrow.