Shore Play Exploits

March 31, 2011, 5:12 p.m.

dude, why so aggressive?

He's just standing in for Lee in his absence.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

March 31, 2011, 5:21 p.m.

a lot of you come on here and hide behind aliases to talk trash and to make ridiculous comments. Accuse me of being an embarrassment to the sport. And why? Cause I like to share trails, ride hard and take offense to almost being killed by the self righteous actions of others? Gee what an unreasonable guy that Fred is!

This is a bit off base. The people who you are arguing with are well-established in the community and aren't hiding behind their aliases. You happen to be arguing with them on a message board where "don't braid the trail" is an ideal upheld by the majority of the active members.

Some of you chimed in with cheap shots and rebuttals that make it sound as if you all approve of the deliberate act of purposely trying to maim other riders. A bunch of goddamn eco-terrorists or trail vigilantes.

This is also a leap in logic. They aren't arguing for trail modifications that are "purposely trying to maim" people; they are arguing against trail modifications that damage existing drainage (among other things), and also damage the relationship we as a group have with the other trail users and the powers that be.

You are arguing from a standpoint that seems to assume the members of this board have never debated the ethics of this situation… smarten up?

flickr

March 31, 2011, 7:19 p.m.

I rode cypress all week and cleared drainage and deadfall as I rode. Yeah, I'm pretty awesome.

March 31, 2011, 9:13 p.m.

So i rode Shoreplay today, these braid lines in which everyone seems to be arguing about don't seem to be bothering the trail one bit,i noticed the water dosen't even run down these lines. Exactly how are they bothering the trail? But water runs right down the traditional lines,it can't be stopped.If anything these lines seem to flow better than some of the original lines.When ever i ride Cypress i move deadfall and out of place rocks and crap,fallen trees. I do my part,but if i see a line that flows,damn skippy i am hitting that shit,so you can all fack off,quit arguing about this shit and go outside and ride boys,life is to short for this crap.It's everybody's forest remember that!

March 31, 2011, 9:53 p.m.

so, here's an possible solution - close down the original lines and keep riding the 'flowier' lines. It's quite possible the original line wasn't right. Many lines next to each other just isn't right. The forest will reclaim a section that doesn't get ridden any more.

Problem might be that the builder has moved on or doesn't give a toot anymore.

March 31, 2011, 10 p.m.

Quit arguing about this shit and go outside and ride boys,life is to short for this crap.It's everybody's forest remember that!

QFT!

Shed head!

March 31, 2011, 10:33 p.m.

Ok i gotta buy a Skate board that tarp Surfing is unreal perfect Tubes double overhead bra.
That guy Shadowed out is so gnarly in the interveiw . Are they Sponsored by Billabong.

"Looks like a Canoe with the seats kicked out of it !"

April 1, 2011, 1:14 a.m.

same shit different day

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=139612[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=bobsled+film

nobody is this dumb.

April 1, 2011, 12:45 p.m.

Exellent point. Trails can change over winter into the spring. Trees can get knocked down and so on. In some cases the decrease in activity by riders allows some more freedom to lay traps.

I think I can tell the difference between Mother nature falling a tree and a mini log place by humans. Trail was clear 12 hours before, 12 hours later all braids are blocked and one has a booby trap.

April 1, 2011, 12:45 p.m.

I think I can tell the difference between Mother nature falling a tree and a mini log place by humans. Trail was clear 12 hours before, 12 hours later all braids are blocked and one has a booby trap.

Now it's a booby trap?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 1, 2011, 3 p.m.

So i rode Shoreplay today, these braid lines in which everyone seems to be arguing about don't seem to be bothering the trail one bit,i noticed the water dosen't even run down these lines. Exactly how are they bothering the trail? But water runs right down the traditional lines,it can't be stopped.If anything these lines seem to flow better than some of the original lines.When ever i ride Cypress i move deadfall and out of place rocks and crap,fallen trees. I do my part,but if i see a line that flows,damn skippy i am hitting that shit,so you can all fack off,quit arguing about this shit and go outside and ride boys,life is to short for this crap.It's everybody's forest remember that!

What?!!!! Seriously? I beg to differ. The new lines are clear.
Perhaps if there was some actual work pit into the lines rather than just poaching new lines. I agree we should all just ride but we have to respect the trails.

Posted via Mobile Device

April 1, 2011, 3:03 p.m.

Your story is all over the place, I thought you said there was nothing indicating the trail was blocked? I believe you also stated you didn't know it was a new line yet you also stated you ride Cypress all the time?! Hard to believe you now that it was a booby trap.
Posted via Mobile Device

April 1, 2011, 3:36 p.m.

Trail Nazi must be at it again……

8)

April 1, 2011, 4:22 p.m.

Your story is all over the place, I thought you said there was nothing indicating the trail was blocked? I believe you also stated you didn't know it was a new line yet you also stated you ride Cypress all the time?! Hard to believe you now that it was a booby trap.
Posted via Mobile Device

How about you read my post instead of just waiting for your turn to write, you'll see that my story is consistent. What you believe and what is reality are two different things. The fact that someone has made braids wasnt the issue, they exist. My beef is those who plug the braids in a bad way that is designed to cause injury. I've put a lot of laps on Shoreplay, these lines have always been clear, they were clear the last Friday when we rode and blocked not even 12 hrs later, one block was done at the very bottom of a steep line, a block that almost took out 2 riders who were going at considerable speeds. That has always been the story. I'll call out that practice everytime I see it.

The way that log was placed was done by a human and I seriously doubt it was a hiker, it was a nut bag zealot holier than thou fackhead who wanted to teach braid riders a lesson, thats my take and thats why I bitched. End of story. I've never said creating braids was good but on Shoreplay these lines do seem natural and they flow and they are not disruptive to the regular lines, some of the regular lines are naturally being taken out by nature, so these braids serve a purpose.

So some of you want to pooh pooh poor Freddy for stating he wants to ride the lines that the trail obviously has and I'm not the only one hitting the lines, its not reasonable to block these lines on a high speed trail just to satisfy the builders ego or your version of how the trail should run, especially if riders who frequent the trails on a regular basis expect the lines to be open. Its also unreasonable to say dont ride the trail blind. Natural interference I can deal with, this I wont deal with. Its selfish and ignorant behavior.

Bottom line if you built it great thanks, you dont own it weather you put your blood sweat and tears into it or not. Whoever did that block knows it was wrong and did it for one reason to fuck someone up and to make them think twice about choosing that line. You cannot defend that action.

So fack you and the horse you rode in on.

April 1, 2011, 4:30 p.m.

it was a nut bag zealot holier than thou fackhead who wanted to teach braid riders a lesson, thats my take and thats why I bitched.

Hmmm… from what I can tell you suffer from the same issue. Just from the opposite side of the argument.

Its selfish and ignorant behavior.

Irony??

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/