Shore Play Exploits

March 31, 2011, 2:47 p.m.

braid blockers out of sight lines or placed in dangerous locations are probably not put in by riders or builders.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

March 31, 2011, 2:48 p.m.

Next thing I know I'm turning around to help him up because somebody has put an F'ing log on the ride around to. Not at the entrance.. right in the middle around the bush! Not a huge one that wont; move.. but one that is small enough to roll around and big enough to make someone crash..

Sometimes chunks of logs fall out of the sky. Sure it wasnt a chunk off an adjacent snag?

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

March 31, 2011, 3:01 p.m.

and don't ride stuff blind cuz there could always be something there

Exellent point. Trails can change over winter into the spring. Trees can get knocked down and so on. In some cases the decrease in activity by riders allows some more freedom to lay traps.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 31, 2011, 3:02 p.m.

braid blockers out of sight lines or placed in dangerous locations are probably not put in by riders or builders.

^^This.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

March 31, 2011, 3:07 p.m.

In some cases the decrease in activity by riders allows some more freedom to lay tarps.

fyp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-vb20srZI

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 31, 2011, 3:08 p.m.

fyp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-vb20srZI

:lol::lol:

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

March 31, 2011, 3:36 p.m.

i haven't been here forever and i don't have a clue about what the "original lines" are.

on the well established trails its easy to tell the dangles apart from the main lines, on the loam, lines not so much. how is one supposed to distinguish between the squid and original line?

i usually choose the one that looks the most fun but for i know i'm hitting the squid line 50% of the time. gay corner cuts i avoid, but its not as black and white as you guys make it out to be.

also, at speed it is pretty hard to analyze which line is the best and more sustainable. shit, most of the time, i only know the trail as well as the back tire in front of me

March 31, 2011, 3:40 p.m.

builders block braids off and shit heads get off their bikes and remove the blocked lines so they can ride them. Its fucked but it happens all the time.

Obviously the braid block should be very visible before someone rolls in.

March 31, 2011, 3:59 p.m.

I call BS on knowing which lines are old and which are new. Complete bs!!!!! If you ride Cypress all the time, then you know which lines are new. They are days old. If any of you ride Shore Play in the near future you'll be able to tell which lines are new. These lines are unsustainable and you can quickly point them out.
Don't be telling me you don't know the lines.
FF go make a new trail, Put in days upon days of work on the trail and see how you feel when someone rips the sh*t out of your trail and pleads what they are doing is fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

March 31, 2011, 4:17 p.m.

I ride the shore a couple times a year, I don't know what line is what when I roll in….corner cut braids are one thing, but it can be pretty confusing for those that aren't regulars down there….

March 31, 2011, 4:43 p.m.

I call BS on knowing which lines are old and which are new. Complete bs!!!!! If you ride Cypress all the time, then you know which lines are new. They are days old. If any of you ride Shore Play in the near future you'll be able to tell which lines are new. These lines are unsustainable and you can quickly point them out.
Don't be telling me you don't know the lines.
FF go make a new trail, Put in days upon days of work on the trail and see how you feel when someone rips the sh*t out of your trail and pleads what they are doing is fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

i don't ride cypress all the time and i don't know the lines. go get fucked.

shoreplay is relatively established so its easy to see the squid lines. what about the myriad of less established trails with lines every which direction?

do you want me to carbon date the loam so i can tell which line is newer?

my point is sometimes its easy to tell (in the case of shoreplay it is), in other cases it isn't so easy… ESPECIALLY if unfamiliar with the trails and their progression through time.

March 31, 2011, 4:55 p.m.

go get fucked.

dude, why so aggressive?

huh?

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 31, 2011, 5:03 p.m.

dude, why so aggressive?

huh?

its not the size of the boat, its the motion of the ocean.

March 31, 2011, 5:03 p.m.

Haha, die trail braiders, Die!! Like the ball lickers you are!!

March 31, 2011, 5:04 p.m.

i don't ride cypress all the time and i don't know the lines. go get fucked.

shoreplay is relatively established so its easy to see the squid lines. what about the myriad of less established trails with lines every which direction?

do you want me to carbon date the loam so i can tell which line is newer?

my point is sometimes its easy to tell (in the case of shoreplay it is), in other cases it isn't so easy… ESPECIALLY if unfamiliar with the trails and their progression through time.

Sorry wasn't directed to you bro…rather FF who rides Cypress all the time.

Posted via Mobile Device