Shore Pics (SFW)

Feb. 17, 2015, 7:55 p.m.

Boogie was bench mark for scary tracks back in the old days. I'm sure everyone has wrecked hard a few times, especially on the classic Pile Driver over the berm scenario. I've also seen many slip off the super greasy bridge into swamp 10 feet below, the old rope save thing didn't work.

Most of us are riding smaller bikes now so I'm ok with dumbing down the Boogs, it's my new fave again, and I can still clean that stupid teeter in canoe feature.

Feb. 17, 2015, 10:33 p.m.

I can still clean that stupid teeter in canoe feature.

lol :woot:

Feb. 21, 2015, 3:42 p.m.

Rode Boogie man today, had a couple good sessions on the jump midway down before the new rollercoaster. Hit the pile driver for the first time today too. The amount of worry I had about that thing was totally unjustified. 5 times in a row, no issues, buttery. Great work Dan!

:D

Feb. 21, 2015, 6:39 p.m.

My main bike is being resprayed so emergency 1995 S-Works hardtail to the rescue! Still had a blast on Fromme with V brakes and 70mm travel Bomber. Pictured at the top of one of my alternative ways up Fromme.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 21, 2015, 6:54 p.m.

Rode Boogie man today, had a couple good sessions on the jump midway down before the new rollercoaster. Hit the pile driver for the first time today too. The amount of worry I had about that thing was totally unjustified. 5 times in a row, no issues, buttery. Great work Dan!

:D

lol it totally was buttery! Glad I hit it as well. Going to have to hit up boogie man more often with all the new features :damn:

Feb. 26, 2015, 9:15 a.m.

That photo above of The Drooler is great (both wheels airborne!), but doesn't show how steep it actually is..rolling over the second hump and looking down it looks almost vertical! Watch your speed, and be prepared for an UMPH! g-out and a quick left hand turn. So much fun and keeping the flavour of the trail.

Boogieman is riding so good these days, there has been some great work on that trail over the last year or two. It's probably my favourite trail on the Shore at the moment.

After seeing a couple of the pictures of the new work on Boogie decided to try it out again. Wow, so much fun. The 1/2 rollercoaster Loam is talking about is steep, but super smooth. You get that weightless feeling for a split second before the g-out at the bottom. It would be easy to carry too much speed in with the nice little jump before, then the nice and wide ramp approach. You really don't get a real sense of how steep it is until you are on top of it. Good fun.

Thanks to those involved in the rework on the trail. Trail has been repaired without dumbing it down and totally keeps the feel of the trail. Best of both worlds.

April 25, 2015, 10:25 p.m.

Got a couple of laps in on Seymour today! New woodwork on Pangor looks good :)

www.essentialcycles.com | www.essentialcycles.shop 

Service, Sales & Repair Shop, Mountain Bike Rentals, Coaching & Guiding

April 25, 2015, 11:36 p.m.

The woodwork onto that rock is pretty beefy. Nice pic.

Thread killer

April 26, 2015, 11:13 a.m.

few pics from yesterday

April 26, 2015, 1:35 p.m.

Man! I went out yesterday and had way different condions on Fromme, we got hailed on and it pounded rain!

April 26, 2015, 2:53 p.m.

Man! I went out yesterday and had way different condions on Fromme, we got hailed on and it pounded rain!

It was hailing and raining at Canadian Tire, but not at MEC.

April 26, 2015, 8:43 p.m.

It cleared up after 3 and was beautiful out. Funny hardly any people on fromme. Fair weather riders lol

June 18, 2015, 9:04 p.m.

Great pictures everyone. Keep it up.

superheros
I like bikes

July 2, 2015, 9:56 p.m.

Some weird tree climbing Coyote spotted today:

treezz
wow you are a ass

Jan. 28, 2016, 8:43 p.m.

I've been leaving my bike at home a bit and walking the dawg…. Dragging this thread back from the dead with a couple of obscure shots:

Freds (according to Smoke):

Franks Plank (?)

I don't think I'm giving too much away by naming names as the trails in question are ancient and well past their prime….Cool to explore though.

treezz
wow you are a ass