Shore Climbing Routes

April 20, 2016, 2:47 p.m.

wow, rolling out the welcome wagon! did you guys notice ddean's account is less than a year old? why not suggest an edit or explain the convention, instead of acting/posting like a bunch of passive aggressive dicks?

Nobody swore at the guy or said anything untoward, they just stated their observations on the post.

April 20, 2016, 3:07 p.m.

Carry on - no need to discuss further - all is fine. See you guys on the trails.

April 20, 2016, 11:20 p.m.

wow, rolling out the welcome wagon! did you guys notice ddean's account is less than a year old? why not suggest an edit or explain the convention, instead of acting/posting like a bunch of passive aggressive dicks?

I don't look at the details of anyone's account . Just reading the content of the post .
Name calling is for kids , take it easy .
No one posted " hey asshole keep your trap shut "

Welcome to Internet hell ddean [HTML_REMOVED]#127867;

April 21, 2016, 7:25 a.m.

I'm still trying to figure out what the transgression was….

he named names

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

April 21, 2016, 7:28 a.m.

he named names

but wasn't it the name of an official trail that's mapped and promoted by the assc.? I re-read the thread a few times trying to figure out what people were upset by, still not sure…maybe I'll just get on the outraged train and shut up

April 21, 2016, 10:57 a.m.

but wasn't it the name of an official trail that's mapped and promoted by the assc.? I re-read the thread a few times trying to figure out what people were upset by, still not sure…maybe I'll just get on the outraged train and shut up

It's been edited and the sensitive info removed.

April 21, 2016, 11:21 a.m.

It's been edited and the sensitive info removed.

as I've been told via PM…[HTML_REMOVED]SHORE DRAMA[HTML_REMOVED]

April 21, 2016, 4:33 p.m.

I like No Quarter for the sense of adventure heading up. I suck at some sections but I'm never in a big rush if I choose to go that way. Surely one of the reasons that No Quarter is longer than going up Mtn Highway is that it starts lower down the mountain?

Mountain Highway starts at the water front and who really cares if someone names or calls out trails come on guy a little maturity goes a long way.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

April 23, 2016, 12:46 a.m.

As per the original poster, I suck at climbing but still usually enjoy it as long as its up single track or many short and punchy climbs put together. I don't enjoy the fire roads or Old Buck so much, therefore all the new climbing trails that are being built are awesome in my opinion.

I'd love to see a climbing trail built from Baden Powell close to the ending of GSM that gets you higher so that you can basically ride from the top of Corksrew.

April 23, 2016, 8:32 a.m.

I'd love to see a climbing trail built from Baden Powell close to the ending of GSM that gets you higher so that you can basically ride from the top of Corkscrew.

I think we would all love this!

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

April 23, 2016, 10:10 a.m.

I'm still hoping for a climbing trail attached to Bobsled to make a nice little loop.

May 9, 2016, 1:07 p.m.

Im surprised to see the snow in this picture. Ive been riding up to 5th all winter and there is no sign of snow at its entrance. This pic isnt that high above that - must be due to the orientation of the slope (away from the sun and shaded).

BLT is clear all the way to the ski area. Enjoy the steep, killer pitches.

May 9, 2016, 2:33 p.m.

I'd love to see a climbing trail built from Baden Powell close to the ending of GSM that gets you higher so that you can basically ride from the top of Corksrew.

You almost can, continue up BP, to mushroom and you can now ride to the top of Incline and get into Corskcrew mid way.

It would be nice to have a single track climb but for now this option isn't bad.

http://mtbtrails.ca/ Author of Locals' Guide to North Shore Rides and Locals' Guide to Fraser Valley Rides.

Follow us on Twitter and Instagram

May 10, 2016, 11:40 a.m.

You almost can, continue up BP, to mushroom and you can now ride to the top of Incline and get into Corskcrew mid way.

It would be nice to have a single track climb but for now this option isn't bad.

I've done this a few times, I prefer it to going straight up Old Buck and then pedaling on the highway across. I push my bike up the last section of Incline to the top (being aware of riders coming down of course).

May 10, 2016, 2:29 p.m.

I've wondered about doing this. Is it reasonably safe to be riding up Mushroom?