shop props

Sept. 11, 2012, 9:03 p.m.

gotta give a shout out to jon at columbia cycle in invermere, the guy is a suspension guru.

was riding with him on the weekend in revy and he tuned all the bikes for us in the am at the campsite so we'd have a stellar day!

Sept. 13, 2012, 12:12 a.m.

Just phoned, and rolled into Different on Broadway and they punched out a head set cup while i waited, even though i offered to come back later. Thanks.

I was there last week and the two guys were great. No pressure sales BS, really helpful, and pretty funny to boot. It's a bit out of the way, but hopefully they'll be at the new store.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 13, 2012, 9:30 p.m.

Different Bikes - Park Gate, for the ride saving parking lot quick fix - gratis - of a tweaked rear derailleur.

Thank you!

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 19, 2012, 10:50 a.m.

Summit in Whistler always gets me back on the trails fast. Whether it's a broken spoke from a DM crash, or taking out my derailleur, they fix it fast and always for a respectable fee. I love that shop.

Sept. 20, 2012, 11:18 a.m.

Gericks in Trail has good guys. As well, Bow Cycle in Calgary are great to deal with even from a distance. They make it very easy to get things ordered and shipped out.

Sept. 20, 2012, 3:31 p.m.

Toby [HTML_REMOVED] Tito at Toby's Cycle Works for Fraken-saving my Switch!
Ingeneous fix that would have otherwise seen the frame recycled into beer cans.

Great service, creative approach, [HTML_REMOVED] a great conversation about the ol' days of messengering.

Sept. 20, 2012, 4 p.m.

I'd like to serve up some Shop Props to Rob Farrell of Wilds of Canada in New Denver.

werd. shop's a bit quirky, and well hidden, but rob and his friends are awesome people

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Nov. 20, 2012, 6:37 p.m.

Thanks to Dunbar for the free suspension service! And my bike was in and out in 48 hours. You will be seeing me again in the future.

Thanks to NRG for the excellent warranty support for my Hope hub. And then for mailing me a seal that i buggered up when swapping the bearings. Fantastic service from a distributor.

That is all.

Sept. 7, 2014, 9:08 p.m.

Bump? Seems like a nice happy thread.

On a personal note, it's funny getting positive comments and not having the first idea who 'dongerwonger' or 'saladcrusher' etc are.

*Not real names but if I quoted the real names people would know who I am, and despite the shite I spout on here at times, in real life I can sometimes be known as a competent and skilled human being! :D

treezz
wow you are a ass

Sept. 7, 2014, 9:42 p.m.

it's awesome finally having a dedicated mountain bike shop in east(ish) vancouver. dunbar has come through for me a number of times in the last few months, ordering random small stuff, having weird $hit on hand, closing out fun old pieces no body cares about but me…

:clap:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 8, 2014, 9:22 a.m.

it's awesome finally having a dedicated mountain bike shop in east(ish) vancouver. dunbar has come through for me a number of times in the last few months, ordering random small stuff, having weird $hit on hand, closing out fun old pieces no body cares about but me…

Yup. Me too. They did an on-the-spot repair for me on a Saturday afternoon, which was amazing.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Sept. 8, 2014, 1:12 p.m.

I wish they were still on Dunbar St :P

Sept. 11, 2016, 12:27 p.m.

Thanks to Obsession for having rear linkage chip and bolt in stock. I was figuring I had a multi-week wait in store to get these small parts.

Sept. 12, 2016, 11:06 a.m.

^^ Ya ive forgotten about this thread but they did great custom work on my stumpy last winter to get it rolling

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 14, 2016, 1:27 p.m.

Jordan the OG mechanic at Cove. He's wrenched on my bikes a long time, from when he ran Barnfield's on the NS of Oahu, to owning Shaka Bikes. He's been holding it down at Cove for the past decade. Always been a straight shooter and knowledgeable professional mechanic.

There's a shop near Laguna Beach called Cycleology that I visited while on vacation this summer. Brother there rented me a 2016 demo Devinci Spartan for $20 and gave me all his own personal gear to use- just to make sure I got to experience the stoke of riding the Telonics trail.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/