shop props

June 7, 2011, 12:12 p.m.

Different @ Park Gate has been nothing but helpful and great to deal with.

June 7, 2011, 12:43 p.m.

I tried making a thread like this last week but for some reason it wouldn't let me.

Kamloops:
Taboo bike shop, Bike Cafe, Full Boar - great shops who give back to the local community and are generally great people! Name the one Kamloops bike shop that doesn't do a thing for the bike community. :P

June 7, 2011, 2:29 p.m.

hmm^^has to be Spoke N Motion? Trev @FB and everyone at the Bicycle Cafe are so great. In fact, I rarely go to Bike shops these days, but I haven't had a bad experience in a loooong time. All the local bike stores seem to value their customers, and pride themselves on their work, so that's awesome. Would it be wrong to "out" any shitty ones? hmm.

June 7, 2011, 2:33 p.m.

Would it be wrong to "out" any shitty ones? hmm.

yes. i had hoped to make this is a positive thread (and it seems to be working!) if you want to rant or complain, please start your own

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 7, 2011, 2:42 p.m.

yes. i had hoped to make this is a positive thread (and it seems to be working!) if you want to rant or complain, please start your own

I have no rants. I have always been treated exceptionally well in any BC stores and appreciate it greatly. As I stated before, it seems to be an area of work (knowledge, skill and customer service combined) that people really take pride in, and it's nice to see!

June 7, 2011, 3:34 p.m.

My LBS is Cranky's in Aldergrove. They are the awesome!

d

www.fvmba.com

June 9, 2011, 9:26 p.m.

gotta say Alex at marzo is a super helpful guy. offered me a great deal on a crash replacement fork my first time in, and has been helpfull with tuning and repair questions over the phone and at the shop. always does more than he has to.

June 9, 2011, 9:36 p.m.

Reps to the "experience" that was..

props to the Experience that still is…the guys at Experience in Duncan are top notch…especially Matt. He's gone the extra mile more than a few times for me

Loud Hubs Save Lives

June 9, 2011, 9:50 p.m.

Jordie at Different Bikes Bby! He's been the guy for years.

Kevin and Will at DB Bby are following in his footsteps!

Great Crew!

Solid, Meticulous, Honest, Trustworthy.

:canada:

June 9, 2011, 9:54 p.m.

Bike Zone in Surrey - scored a wicked deal on my Devo frame few years back now. pretty chill crew.

BSP Langley - Both Chris's do awseome work. For a bigger store, no pressure, lots of smarts.

Good thread dude!

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 9, 2011, 11:17 p.m.

Lorien at Sooke Mountain Cycle in Sooke. Last year when my bike was stolen and the insurance company was screwing me he told me about a Banshee Rune that was floating around and was able to get it in for me at a smoking deal!

Thanks Lorien!

June 10, 2011, 1:48 a.m.

Props to the Norco warranty department. You may not know but they may have fixed your boxxer or other marz/sram/shim/loads of other shit in the past without you knowing it. They do a good job too and definitely put in the dedication during the heavy season.

June 10, 2011, 3:23 a.m.

gotta give it to jordan thompson at differnt burnaby,i was 14 when i started going to that shop and he has been nothing but trustworthy, extremely helpful and an all around awsome dude the whole time ive known him, hes fuckin hilarious too. will and kevin are new but there still the shit. definatly THE best differnt bikes branch.

also mitch at cove bikes gnarly dude

loam_luver

June 10, 2011, 9:14 a.m.

Duke - currently of no fixed abode (hope you are doing well mate)
Matt - North Shore Bike Shop, (for always going beyond normal levels of service)
Rick - Lynn Valley Bikes (because he has been doing it for freaking years)
Kevin - Different Bikes Burnaby (because of the fox!)

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

June 10, 2011, 12:19 p.m.

Secret Cycles - Scott's a good guy.
Sharpey's (I don't think they're around anymore…is it now Different?) - Really liked them when I bought my son a Norco kids mtb years back.

Wrong. Always.