shop props

June 10, 2011, 12:34 p.m.

Overtime for the cost effective solutions and the warranty work through Norco. Hats off to Norco and all they do to keep so many wheels turning.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

June 10, 2011, 12:54 p.m.

Velocity in Langley and Cranky's in Alder-Ghetto have always been good to me.

great choices.
Velocity is my home shop. They have great selection, Marie is a cutey, and Trav wants to move inventory. They're great!

On a side note, I hit up Cranky's after Trav didn't have something on stock, and I was amazed as to how awesome those guys were. I've sent business both ways because of the service offered by both.

Marzocchi Canada Warranty - Naz and crew. Endlessly helpful and reliable.

Naz gets credit for hooking me up with a warranty rebuild on a friday afternoon, the day before my weeklong trip to Whistler. That guy is king, and I have nothing but props for the whole crew there.

SuspensionWerx - For rocking my shocks!

James and Arthur could charge Luongo money for the work they do. But to this day, they offer great service, huge knowledge base, and passion. All for a reasonable cost.

Please, the next time any of you are at SW, bring the boys a 6 pack at least. They deserve it.

Surrey bike zone, kyle awesome dude and great mechanic

That used to be my home shop, until we moved back to Langley.
Bike Zone is a great shop too. They took care of my Norco recall with no delays or issues.

BSP Langley - Both Chris's do awseome work. For a bigger store, no pressure, lots of smarts.

I don't like BSP, but I love Jenkins.
He's a great mechanic, and super nice guy.

June 11, 2011, 10:06 a.m.

Kyle is awesome at bike zone! A perfectionist mechanic and wheel builder.
Set me up with a hammershmidt enabled norco empire!

I can jump and turn my bars.

June 11, 2011, 6:41 p.m.

Freedom in Penticton for always being great, and (Cap's) Krustys cycle in richmond for letting me and my dad rebuild a fork with their tools at 8am for free before going to Whistler a few years ago.

i googled majin super gay and this thread came up

June 11, 2011, 11:20 p.m.

Steed continues to impress me everytime I go there. The staff is awesome and the techs have saved me a few times.

June 12, 2011, 7:48 a.m.

My bikes in the lbs right now.
The closest shop i wheeled it into said it was going to take 6 days to get around to it.
My lbs said 4 days.
The repair ? Rear brake bleed and maybe new pads.
Sigh.

In contrast, I was in Whistler for a couple days in early August '09 and blew out my fork the first day. I took it to Fanatic Co Whistler at 9am and wheeled the repaired bike out at 1pm. Four hours for a fork rebuild! It's an incredibly well equipped shop with every single part for my fork in-stock.
I think it helped that I was riding a Norco SE.

It would takes weeks to get my fork back if I took it to my lbs in T.

June 12, 2011, 10:28 a.m.

Obsession has always taken care of me and clearly has a passion for bikes. Even recently, when buying a new bike, James told me that not only was he happy I'd found the exact bike I wanted (I had my heart set on the previous years model), but that he was glad that specific bike was going to a rider that would make proper use of it. he really feels that the best part of his job was matching the bike to the rider for the greater good of each.

they've always made an effort to understand me, as a rider, and have always helped me make good decisions regarding my gear. they have the integrity to tell you when you don't want to replace a part, when a cheaper part is better suited to you, or how you can do something yourself to save $$$.

the mechanics are top notch, and have kept the wheels rolling on my bikes for years. after dropping the bike off for X, I'll find that they also fixed Y, just because they noticed it.

There's no place like fromme

June 15, 2011, 1:10 a.m.

I dropped my bike off at Wentings in Mission around noon today. Bart called me at 4:45 to let me know it was ready to roll.

June 22, 2011, 11:18 p.m.

Props to Shane at Summit in Whistler. Bike [HTML_REMOVED] Bean said they were stacked u 3-4 hours, and someone at Summit said the same but Shane had my brake bled and I was rolling again within 20mins!!

Thanks for being rad!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 23, 2011, 8:31 a.m.

Props to James at suspensionworx!

He rebuilt my shock and it is now stuck in the postal strike, called him up and he was very appologetic and offered my up a loaner until the strike is over. True customer service is still alive!

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

June 27, 2011, 6:21 p.m.

Props to Norco warranty dept as well- a broken frame brought into to DB NV, and back on the trail in 4 days…can't beat that for a frame warranty!

Props to Fairhaven in Bellingham for taking care of the bearings on my Atomlab pedals. With no response from Atomlab (for some cheap replacement bearings), they didn't hesitate to order me some new straitlines in the colour of my choice for just the cost of shipping up here. Michael and John @ Fairhaven.

June 27, 2011, 6:42 p.m.

Props to Sportmart. Great for Tennis rackets too.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

June 28, 2011, 11:19 a.m.

All three shops in Squamish get huge props in my books.

Corsa- Dave tutored me in tubeless tires, and has helped with warranty issues numerous times. Great supporters of community events.

Tantalus- Neither P-nut or any of the other mechanics ever laugh at me for getting a job half-done and bringing it to them to do right. Sparing my fragile ego in this capacity is very much appreciated. THey`re also big community event supporters, and Al was a driving force behind the GK Ripper which raised tonnes of cash for good causes.

Republic- my neighbhour's sons bike was stolen and she went to Armand to get a replacement. Armand set her little dude up with a nearly identical ride to the one that was stolen. Didn't charge her a nickel because he got the bike on trade-in, and knew she was a single mom on a tight budget. First class all the way.

June 29, 2011, 9:47 a.m.

i've had not-so-great experiences there before, but i went into cove at 5:50pm last friday looking for some oddly-sized shock reducers. mechanic (can't remember his name) dropped his work to put my nephew's bike in the stand, pulled out the calipers, routed through the case and found exactly what i needed - after 6 shops in a row said "sorry, going to have to special order them in." and what's weird is half of those shops said "try cove." not sure why they have, and are known to have, a wide range of reducers in stock but i'm happy it was the case. next time i'm by there its :beer:

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

July 4, 2011, 2:58 p.m.

Huge props to Fanatyk! Over the weekend I took my fiance to WBP to try out our sport and quickly realized she doesn't have the confidence in herself enough to make it in this sport (was locking up and washing out and crashing even on relatively flat corners on easy does it going at walking speeds) so we had all of one run and she was done for the day.

She tells me she took the bike back to the shop and they asked her how her time was and when she said she didn't have fun at all the owner guy said that sucks and charged her only $50 for the whole shebang! (Norco Vixa and full armor package rental)

They could have easily charged us full price (like $150) regardless of how long we had the gear rented for so to me that was awesome of them and I'll be sure to refer everyone I can their way!