Shandro signs with Trek

Jan. 16, 2003, 12:38 p.m.

I see on a couple other sites that Shandro signed with Trek. It sounds a little funny but the Diesel is supposed to be a good DH bike.

Jan. 16, 2003, 12:48 p.m.

Really? Thanks for the update. I'm going to try to find out more info.

Jan. 16, 2003, 12:50 p.m.

I found this on www.dhrace.com (Thanks Rock!!)

from www.cyclingnews.com

Four times Canadian National downhill Champion Andrew Shandro has signed to Trek to promote Trek's freeride and downhill bicycle range. Shandro, who has also won two downhill World Cup rounds, is better known for his involvement in freeride movies such as Kranked 1, 2 and 3, the North Shore Extreme movies and Ride to the Hills.

Trek is looking at developing better freeride specific products through its deal with Shandro, as well as hoping to promote Trek's two freeride bikes, the new 4 to 5 inch adjustable suspension Liquid and the long travel Diesel.

Jan. 16, 2003, 1:53 p.m.

I gusse thats a good thing hes riding for trek now. I dont really like their DH bike or any of their other bikes but w.e.
If the moneys good ect.. i gusse its fine.

I would think these bikes that are being developing would be more of a Cali style of freeride bike. I dono if id trust it on the shore. Us companys definition of a freeride bike is alot diff then a british columbia style.

btw, Corey rides a supercycle.

superheros
I like bikes

Jan. 16, 2003, 2:07 p.m.

..and Shanes leg is falling off. It is also a wee bit slimmer than a Bic pen…kinda like the rest of his body. lol, pinner!!:D