seymour/hyannis access question

Aug. 11, 2015, 10:02 a.m.

what is the best way to get up to severed, etc from Hyannis? just looking at trailforks, can you ride up Hyannis trail and then take a right and go up the powerline trail? is that better than riding all the way to old buck and up that way?

thanks

Aug. 11, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

Climb High School, traverse Bridle Path to the East. Then take the new climb to Baden Powell: R[HTML_REMOVED]R - Penny Lane - Good Sir Martin.

Aug. 11, 2015, 10:07 a.m.

what is the best way to get up to severed, etc from Hyannis? just looking at trailforks, can you ride up Hyannis trail and then take a right and go up the powerline trail? is that better than riding all the way to old buck and up that way?

thanks

You can do that, but it's not particularly pleasant.

You might want to try and figure out how to get to the new climbing trails Penny Lane and Good Sir Martin. Significantly better than Old Buck.

Aug. 11, 2015, 10:29 a.m.

looking at the map, it looks like you have to ride up c buster to get to penny lane?? and from R[HTML_REMOVED]R it looks like you have to go down applicator from there. does R[HTML_REMOVED]R lead to penny lane?

also, it looks like Asian Adonis ends at baden. can you ride down baden from there…or up it?

finally, if you are doing laps, is it better to skip the last 1/3rd of severed to go back up good sir martin? or are you missing out on some good stuff on lower severed?

im planning to meet some buddies in there so I need to get this worked out before I go, thanks.

Aug. 11, 2015, 11:05 a.m.

Lower Severed is the best part of Severed. You'd be missing out.

R[HTML_REMOVED]R meets the bottom of the climb to Applicator. Then you climb a fairly gentle part of C-Buster to near where Shorn comes in.

Asian Adonis ends of Baden Powell, and you can ride BP out. That section is fairly rough and eroded and not much fun, but it's short. You can also end onto C-Buster and either climb Penny Lane to Lower Severed or have a fun descent down Applicator.

Aug. 11, 2015, 11:24 a.m.

great, thanks. it also looks like you can do all of severed, then go back up academy climb and rt connector and back to penny lane. this is awesome, I assumed that I would be doing laps up old buck which I was not looking forward to.

also, when you say ride BP out from Asian, can you ride up it to get back to the top of severed? or is it better to go down and back up lower c buster?

Aug. 11, 2015, 11:29 a.m.

^ I'd say ride back down…

I'm liking the option of, from the kiosk at the bridle/baden intersection, climb Salamader to RT to RT Connector to Applicator, to Penny Lane, to GSM…

R[HTML_REMOVED]R puts the hurt on me.

Aug. 11, 2015, 1:16 p.m.

great, thanks. it also looks like you can do all of severed, then go back up academy climb and rt connector and back to penny lane. this is awesome, I assumed that I would be doing laps up old buck which I was not looking forward to.

also, when you say ride BP out from Asian, can you ride up it to get back to the top of severed? or is it better to go down and back up lower c buster?

Ride down.

I'd reco:
Up R[HTML_REMOVED]R, Up and Down the Applicator knoll
Up Academy/RT/Penny Lane/GSM. Down Severed all the way.
Same Up. Down Adonis. Down Baden
Up R[HTML_REMOVED]R/Penny Lane/GSM/Road. Down Dale's/Forever After/High School.

Aug. 11, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

I for one welcome access to see more hineys.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 11, 2015, 3:41 p.m.

what happened to the original C Buster?
used to be cross Adonis, to flat to bridge over marsh and climb to knoll then down knoll to Bridal Path/Cardiac Bypass
Now after bridge over marsh we are routed to go down Applicator to Bridal Path/Baden Powell/Salamander or are routed to Rapid Transit Connector

oops I totally screwed up
the new Rotary sign at the upper intersection explains it all
just didn't see it last week and everything looked different than before R[HTML_REMOVED]R
feel silly for being lost

Aug. 11, 2015, 4:17 p.m.

what happened to the original C Buster?
used to be cross Adonis, to flat to bridge over marsh and climb to knoll then down knoll to Bridal Path/Cardiac Bypass
Now after bridge over marsh we are routed to go down Applicator to Bridal Path/Baden Powell/Salamander or are routed to Rapid Transit Connector

I'm honestly not sure what's truly correct anymore. But I kind of gave up and have accepted what Trailforks has on its map since that's easy to show people. C-Buster down to the sign. Applicator is the up and over the knoll on the map. Even though I think it's the opposite.

Aug. 11, 2015, 4:55 p.m.

I'm honestly not sure what's truly correct anymore. But I kind of gave up and have accepted what Trailforks has on its map since that's easy to show people. C-Buster down to the sign. Applicator is the up and over the knoll on the map. Even though I think it's the opposite.

last week I couldn't even get up an over the knoll anymore without starting at the bottom of RnR (all the original connector lines seem to have been decommed)

no worries
figured it out today
the decommed line is not the original C Buster line
so now everything on the Shore is back to being GRRREAT

Aug. 11, 2015, 6:54 p.m.

Up R[HTML_REMOVED]R/Penny Lane/GSM/Road. Down Dale's/Forever After/High School.

This is what I did this afternoon.
I think.
Damned confusing trying to apply TrailForks map inked into Sharon's 'n Wade's book to what I'm seeing when I'm out there. Maybe it's just me.
Oh and those papery things posted to the posts don't help us Luddites w/o a smart phone, eh?

So upper upper Dales cost $30,000? They should spend another $300,000 to push it through to where FA starts to go buff.

Seriously, let the District step up and all the rest of you who moan about "old school" depletion pool your resources and maintain the original Dales/FA parallel like.

Think about it. You could take your wife/gf/bf/stupid cousin up to the top they could sail down the buff while you manhandle the chunder parallel to them, the sun glinting off your brass cohonies.

Plus those couple places where you gotta' climb? They could just tunnel right down through, you drop in just like going down a waterslide, say a 7 to 10+ degree grade like spits you out a compression onto a banked 90 degree turn pulling 6 g's eh?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:09 p.m.

last week I couldn't even get up an over the knoll anymore without starting at the bottom of RnR (all the original connector lines have been decommed)

back in the day we'd climb the knoll on dh bikes.

nobody ever wanted to ride c-buster because of the "hike-a-bike" in the middle. that was one of the sections of the trail i looked forward to cleaning the most.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 11, 2015, 7:46 p.m.

Seriously, let the District step up and all the rest of you who moan about "old school" depletion pool your resources and maintain the original Dales/FA parallel like.

The issue is not that the buffing exists, but at he EXPENSE of the old school shit. I would love to embrace the new Dale's (although it is so far removed from what it is supposed to be) but the fact is this type of trail is at the cost of the old school trail being GONE. Look at lower Crinkum. Just after all the woodwork you had an easier descent or a old school gnarl fest. Guess what. After the "grooming" ALL of the gnar was removed, not left as an option, but removed. And this is the heart of my rant. Okay: you want the forest full of Lululemons and hot chicks on bikes. I get it. And you need trails for the aforementioned hotties. I get it. But I ride alone, and am old school. I am not in the mood or have the inclination to take my bike down a re-tardily santitized trail and expect to lap it up like it is the new "bomb". It does not work that way. Moreover, think of the work and effort to DECOMMISSION something rather than leave it in place. Most of what was cut out on Lower Crinkum was totally rideable, and challenging . It required nothing except to: not f..k with it. Leave it open. Then the hardcore like me would ride it, complain a bit, I suppose, but STILL GO DOWN IT. THIS IS CRITICAL. If I no longer go down something because I cannot ride it or I do not want to ride it guess what: if the trail comes on the chopping block: I am NOT GOING TO CARE. I am NOT going to care about a trail I no longer ride. Wait: Is this why all the gnarl trails get no TAP support, no trail work, no money, no time, no care…….thanks Mark Wood. Last time I looked, Grannies, Upper Crippler and Bookwus had NO TAP support.