seymour/hyannis access question

Aug. 11, 2015, 8:21 p.m.

Whoa! Baby! What a rant! Re-read my post. I'm not suggesting dumbing down the gnarl just adding options for those less courageous, eh?

Edit: yeah buncha' hot sweaty chicks on bikes would be preferable to, well, just about anything, eh? :clap:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 11, 2015, 9:37 p.m.

I had fun tonight
Sir Good Martin made me feel really fast climbing
upper Dales could be a little circuit with repeats up Mushroom to improve my bmx skills (you can short cut in from lower to get to original Dales or if coming from above do Salvation then come back around on Power Line to Dales short cut, so no complaints)
original Dales, but with new chicken line, is great old school fun (and I mean really old school, like before even Digger)
Forever After is just good all round fun

BIG thanks to all the trail builders

Aug. 12, 2015, 12:57 p.m.

CUNTbuster

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Aug. 12, 2015, 1:04 p.m.

CUNTbuster

Can't use the real name in a PC sanitized trail society. :hurt:

Aug. 12, 2015, 1:07 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBR0qwHZBA

Aug. 12, 2015, 1:12 p.m.

The two times I've used that word here I have received an infraction. If you guys don't get one, let me know. I seriously think I'm being harassed by the mods here and am close to talking to Mike Hunt, lawyer extraordinaire.

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 12, 2015, 1:32 p.m.

M Hunt to the office please.

Aug. 12, 2015, 2:32 p.m.

Cbuster

Just because you can, doesn't mean you need to.

Aug. 12, 2015, 2:36 p.m.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you need to.

Just because you're not a cunning linguist Dave it doesn't mean you need to get upset.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Aug. 14, 2015, 3:02 p.m.

The issue is not that the buffing exists, but at he EXPENSE of the old school shit… Okay: you want the forest full of Lululemons and hot chicks on bikes. I get it. And you need trails for the aforementioned hotties. I get it. But I ride alone, and am old school. I am not in the mood or have the inclination to take my bike down a re-tardily santitized trail and expect to lap it up like it is the new "bomb". It does not work that way. Moreover, think of the work and effort to DECOMMISSION something rather than leave it in place…

Wow great rant. Much agree here.

Aug. 14, 2015, 3:07 p.m.

Only the Scottish know how to properly use that word.
:clap:

Wrong. Always.

Aug. 14, 2015, 7:18 p.m.

To get this thread back on track.

Old School Way: Bridal Path to Old Buck and Baden Powell
New School Way Easy option: Bridal Path- Cardiac Bypass- Academy- Rapid Transit/Rapid Transit Connector- C Buster( Ive always known it as the Busted C)- Penny Lane- Good Sir Martin
New School Direct: R[HTML_REMOVED]R has already been discussed

After doing a few laps of the new climb sit and stew about whether or not trail work on Seymour is good or bad and then rant about it online.

Still have yet to hear anyone complain about GSM. One of the nicest new climbing trails I have ridden this year and a welcome option from the O.B.

Aug. 14, 2015, 8:17 p.m.

Still have yet to hear anyone complain about GSM. One of the nicest new climbing trails I have ridden this year and a welcome option from the O.B.

Very nice indeed, especially nearer the top…..:agree:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Aug. 14, 2015, 9:23 p.m.

I've been riding since 1999, and because I live at the base of Seymour that's where I spend most of my time. I agree that GSM (and Academy, RT Connector, Penny Lane) are a great addition to the mountain. Last Sunday we rode Bridal to Sticks [HTML_REMOVED] Stones then the climb mentioned above, and back to Hyannis via Dales and Forever After. It's just good for the soul. We are so lucky to have these trails. Thanks to all the builders and maintainers.