Seymour Trail Use Survey

Sept. 28, 2021, 8:13 p.m.

https://feedback.engage.gov.bc.ca/236342?lang=en&fbclid=IwAR1r5gq37nXTiryEhlT7l83tT6uXdoxeZdZuPErvYzfNOnK-MEl8Tvw-psI

Sept. 28, 2021, 10 p.m.

Done

Sept. 28, 2021, 10:41 p.m.

done

Sept. 29, 2021, 9:57 a.m.

Done, thanks for the heads up!

Sept. 29, 2021, 11:11 a.m.

Done!

Sept. 29, 2021, 2 p.m.

Done. 

My biggest "problem" riding Seymour is the bloody traffic getting over there from the west side. Let's hope they can fix that! 😉

Sept. 29, 2021, 7:12 p.m.

Posted by: SixZeroSixOne

Done. 

My biggest "problem" riding Seymour is the bloody traffic getting over there from the west side. Let's hope they can fix that! 😉

I think the $800m Keith exchange  project was/is supposed to help... as someone who lives on the blueridge side though, I swear the whole project is an elaborate troll or money laundering scheme somehow. 

Huge amount of work for what seems like imperceptible benefits to anyone....except maybe people going to the superstore? 

Sorry, I feel compelled to rant about that project every time I see an opening. :)

Sept. 29, 2021, 7:29 p.m.

Posted by: Kenny

I think the $800m Keith exchange  project was/is supposed to help... as someone who lives on the blueridge side though, I swear the whole project is an elaborate troll or money laundering scheme somehow. 

Huge amount of work for what seems like imperceptible benefits to anyone....except maybe people going to the superstore? 

Sorry, I feel compelled to rant about that project every time I see an opening. :)

I think it will help flow traffic through that area more efficiently and fix the bottleneck that was the Mtn Highway exit of old - for a short while at least. However, the real problem was/is that people simply do not know how to merge properly. This inlcudes the through traffic as well as people trying to merge, and there are traffic studies on it as well. Every merge lane exhibits the same f'n behaviour all over the lower mainland.

Sept. 29, 2021, 7:50 p.m.

#onelesscar.  The new bike paths are grreat!

Sept. 29, 2021, 8:14 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

#onelesscar. The new bike paths are grreat!

Maybe....once they sort out the klusterfuck around Main/Phibbs/Dollarton

Sorry for the thread de-rail!

Last edited by: SixZeroSixOne on Sept. 29, 2021, 8:15 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 4, 2021, 4:44 p.m.

Done

Oct. 5, 2021, 12:19 p.m.

Done

Oct. 5, 2021, 2:29 p.m.

Posted by: Kenny

I was also wondering what the point of all that work is... What's the overall timeline and $$ budget for that thing? Seems like it's been going on forever and still not close to done. I haven't done much research on it but it isn't obvious to me what the major benefit will be. Seems like a whole lot of work for a big bunch of nothing. Hopefully I'm wrong...

Last edited by: Bull_Dozer on Oct. 5, 2021, 2:30 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 6, 2021, 10:20 a.m.

Pretty easy to learn this stuff, since it is a provincial government project.

General project info --> https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation-projects/highway-1-lower-lynn-improvements

Project schedule --> https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation-projects/highway-1-lower-lynn-improvements/project-overview

Synopsis: Project is on schedule for completion before end of this year. Generally, the project design is based on traffic surveys, which showed that much of the traffic congestion was caused by traffic travelling within North Van, but having to use the highway. The overarching concept is to allow free movement within N Van without using the highway. There are other sub-projects that spun off of this.

Oct. 6, 2021, 12:19 p.m.

Posted by: KenN

Pretty easy to learn this stuff, since it is a provincial government project.

General project info --> https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation-projects/highway-1-lower-lynn-improvements

Project schedule --> https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation-projects/highway-1-lower-lynn-improvements/project-overview

Synopsis: Project is on schedule for completion before end of this year. Generally, the project design is based on traffic surveys, which showed that much of the traffic congestion was caused by traffic travelling within North Van, but having to use the highway. The overarching concept is to allow free movement within N Van without using the highway. There are other sub-projects that spun off of this.

Thanks. Hopefully the end result is that it substantially alleviates congestion on the highway. 

I'm just surprised that a project like this has such a massive timeline... started in 2016 and might be completed by the end of this year. That's 5-6 years... Wasn't the entire Coquihalla (or at least a major section of it) built within 2 years? Obviously not comparing apples to apples but still kind of crazy to think that it takes 6 years to rework a couple interchanges in one area.