Seymour Noob

Oct. 9, 2015, 2:13 p.m.

With all the nice work on Seymour I'm starting to explore more up there. Is riding Baden Powell from GSM to Forever After kosher? I ask because I did some searching here before posting and all I can find is a three year old post from Woodro saying don't do it, but it provides no justification. When looking at Trailforks, this is the most logical route to me if you don't want to ride Dale's. I'm riding a hardtail that I'm still getting used to and don't feel like going down Dale's the first time I try this route. Is riding this section of the BP prohibited or just terrible or something else? I can't see riding the powerline being preferable and judging by the Strava heatmap, many are indeed riding this route! So somebody enlighten me please :D

Oct. 9, 2015, 2:39 p.m.

With all the nice work on Seymour I'm starting to explore more up there. Is riding Baden Powell from GSM to Forever After kosher? I ask because I did some searching here before posting and all I can find is a three year old post from Woodro saying don't do it, but it provides no justification. When looking at Trailforks, this is the most logical route to me if you don't want to ride Dale's. I'm riding a hardtail that I'm still getting used to and don't feel like going down Dale's the first time I try this route. Is riding this section of the BP prohibited or just terrible or something else? I can't see riding the powerline being preferable and judging by the Strava heatmap, many are indeed riding this route! So somebody enlighten me please :D

Hey gbv its good. That's the BCBR route now. I marshalled that and 600 people rode it

Oct. 9, 2015, 3:02 p.m.

Hey gbv its good. That's the BCBR route now. I marshalled that and 600 people rode it

Great! Thanks!

Oct. 9, 2015, 9:32 p.m.

Three years ago it wouldn't have been much fun, but before the BCBR began using it (used the past two years, along with the new severed entrance), it was fixed up, with a new connection to the powerlines. :-)

Oct. 9, 2015, 9:41 p.m.

The NSMBA runs their fiver races down that route as well, so I assume it's all good.

Oct. 10, 2015, 8:25 a.m.

I don't think it was ever off limits to bikes, it just sucked. I rode it this summer though after I had seen what looked like a buffed line the week before on a Dales Forever After ride. It's good. In better shape for hikers too.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 11, 2015, 9:40 a.m.

It's not easy on a 6/6, a hardtail would be even more fun. But it's totally doable!