Seymour Conditions

March 13, 2019, 6:43 p.m.

Everyone should stop wasting their time riding ice and slush. The Delta Watershed has been PERFECT two weekends in a row now. As I said before, primo dirt and dry skinnies. What more do you want?

March 14, 2019, 8:46 a.m.

Posted by: DangerousDave

Everyone should stop wasting their time riding ice and slush. The Delta Watershed has been PERFECT two weekends in a row now. As I said before, primo dirt and dry skinnies. What more do you want?

Can you recommend a route for someone going there for the first time?

March 14, 2019, 11:14 a.m.

Also never been to Watershed... may head down Sunday morning unless there's word that SFU is clear. From what I've heard Seymour/Fromme is not even close and it's just going to shit kick the poor trails unnecessarily.

March 14, 2019, 12:25 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Also never been to Watershed... may head down Sunday morning unless there's word that SFU is clear. From what I've heard Seymour/Fromme is not even close and it's just going to shit kick the poor trails unnecessarily.

I saw the Transition guys were riding double down on Chuckanut last night and it was clear. Might be worth going south

March 14, 2019, 1:08 p.m.

Not having to drive to Delta.

March 14, 2019, 5:39 p.m.

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

It's a maze of short, quick trails. Just go and ride every trail you see and you'll do fine. The one shown on Trailforks as Shed Line is one of the better options, and parking at the top of it is a good way to go.

March 14, 2019, 5:40 p.m.

Posted by: T-mack

I saw the Transition guys were riding double down on Chuckanut last night and it was clear. Might be worth going south

Yeah, Double Down is good to go.

March 14, 2019, 8:09 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

Fair enough :p

Posted by: D_C_

Posted by: Bull_Dozer

It's a maze of short, quick trails. Just go and ride every trail you see and you'll do fine. The one shown on Trailforks as Shed Line is one of the better options, and parking at the top of it is a good way to go.

As D_C_ says, it's best just to ride around picking whichever trails you come across. I usually park by the school on the east side of the park. Shed Line, Bender, Shed Bike Trail and Shed Monster are my favs. They offer a mix of small berms and jumps. The rest of the trails are more singletrack xc.

March 14, 2019, 8:34 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

lol - you beat me to it.

March 17, 2019, 10:12 p.m.

I lay on my couch or bed all weekend sick as a dog - tell me someone got out and enjoyed the trails and that they are perfect...or better yet, tell me they are a total shit and still full of ice - then I will feel better.

March 18, 2019, 7:44 a.m.

Posted by: Taz123

I lay on my couch or bed all weekend sick as a dog - tell me someone got out and enjoyed the trails and that they are perfect...or better yet, tell me they are a total shit and still full of ice - then I will feel better.

They're getting there. Still surprising amounts of ice down low but then equally surprising clear sections of trail above.

March 18, 2019, 7:44 a.m.

Posted by: Taz123

Clear up to the Baden via GSM, powerlines to Severed snow covered, won't be for long.

JD and below totally clear.

You didn't miss much since the weather was so crap yesterday.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on March 18, 2019, 7:45 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 18, 2019, 10:15 a.m.

Rode SFU yesterday and it was mint... Climb up Sidewinder/Watermelon to the road 100% snow free. Snow/puddles/mud on the very top of Upper Gearjammer for 100m (although you could avoid it with the alternate drop-in). Rest of Gearjammer, Uppercut, Lower Snake and all of Nicoles snow free tacky dirt with no puddles or mud. Lots of folks out enjoying the trails. Definitely need to be heads up for hikers/trail runners with ear phones in as those trails ride pretty fast.

Total t-shirt weather too, got a decent sweat going on the climbs.

March 18, 2019, 3:32 p.m.

Starts out as snow, then changes to some ice, then glorious after that. The ice hasn't melted much. Should be beauty after this next couple of days.

March 18, 2019, 4:28 p.m.

Lower Seymour trails, like John Deere and below are perfect. Could not be in better condition. You can get in a great couple laps of the lower trails.

Empress bypass is also open, and is polished and beautiful. I discovered my brakes weren't working on the first or second berm and flew off it. Still a 10/10 experience.

Great new life in that trail, I even went up again for another lap.