seymour climb vs fromme

June 3, 2010, 3:38 p.m.

Yeah still a not much detail in that Bridal to Bridal section…

I'll just go fumble my way around again till I figure it out.

Take a look at this map at 200%:
http://www.northshorebikefest.com/wp-content/uploads/NSBF2010-LezyneMarathonXC-Map-3.pdf

Does that help?

June 3, 2010, 4:34 p.m.

Thanks Craig, now I can see where I made a wrong turn and headed towards the exit of Wills Way and High School.

June 6, 2010, 9:30 p.m.

I'd really like to try some of these loops that Norona and others do, they make Seymour sound a lot more interesting than driving up and riding down.

Shed head!

June 7, 2010, 11:52 a.m.

I'd really like to try some of these loops that Norona and others do, they make Seymour sound a lot more interesting than driving up and riding down.

I find it more interesting. Pretty much the only way up Seymour other than the paved highway is Old Buck. I have gone up the power line from the West side, but there's a wack of hiking involved. Old Buck to Baden Powell accesses a lot. Going past BP to the powerline gets a bit more but I don't know of other climbing routes off the powerline until you get to the Cabin Trail that will get you to Dale's, Ned's, TNT, DD, Lumpy Gravy.

I climbed Fromme via Demprey Braemar across BP to eventually Peugeot and some new climbing stuff up there. Took almost exactly an hour to get to the Mountain Highway just below St Georges. Still need to explore for other routes.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

June 7, 2010, 11:57 a.m.

I ride them all. Rigid. Singlespeed. Wearing crocs.

SPD Crocs? They make SPD crocs?

June 7, 2010, 12:03 p.m.

Is the Spur4 an option for an XC'ish ride out to the dam?

Suicide Branch?

I ride to the dam that way a couple times a year. Just a gravel road but it has some good hills and I usually see deer. Go up to the lakes and have a picnic. Now Suicide Branch is a dead end but does it have to be? Connect that to Bottle top and you'd have a nice loop eh.

June 7, 2010, 1:45 p.m.

I find the road to Baden Powell trail then up Baden Powell to the Dick is easier than Old Buck. That is when ski season is over, at least the shuttlers try and avoid you.
Love the new Sticks and Stones trail, nice work I can get A loop in, in less than an hour out of Blair Range when I'm pressed for time.

June 7, 2010, 3 p.m.

I find the road to Baden Powell trail then up Baden Powell to the Dick is easier than Old Buck.

really

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 7, 2010, 3:18 p.m.

Take a look at this map at 200%:
http://www.northshorebikefest.com/wp-content/uploads/NSBF2010-LezyneMarathonXC-Map-3.pdf

I notice the route goes up homestead. Is that climbable? It gets damn steep in the middle upper section.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

June 7, 2010, 5:10 p.m.

I notice the route goes up homestead. Is that climbable? It gets damn steep in the middle upper section.

yes, climable even at the end of the northshore bike fest xc race.

there are much steeper trails out there.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 7, 2010, 10:16 p.m.

I find the road to Baden Powell trail then up Baden Powell to the Dick is easier than Old Buck.

yep, what he said.
I find I am preferring the all mountain days more so than the shuttles this season.

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints