Seriously crappy skills day

Oct. 6, 2015, 9:52 a.m.

… Experience and skills aren't much good when your brain isn't quite on board today.

A lesson or skill development can help a rider's understanding of what is happening on your bike and with your body, what potential outcomes and options we have available at any given moment. This helps you get your brain on board and keep it there…

Great post though @kram! Some great considerations and factors to face as we age.

DB@EB

Lessons, Rentals & Tours - since 2004

www.endlessbiking.com

Facebook Fan Page

Follow us on Twitter

Oct. 6, 2015, 10:19 a.m.

I guess this is the same shit even elite riders or pros go through but multiplied by 1000x, when they are sitting up top of a absolutely crazy stunt. I can see it playing out. Hey man, you can back flip this 70 foot canyon gap, followed by are you fkkng nuts!!! No really, lets do this. Woo hoo, oh shit, ahhhhhhhhh!

I'm sure it's exactly the same, just a different level.

I have to remind myself when I'm riding with my wife that I shouldn't push her. Just because she rode something last time that I find easy, doesn't mean she isn't struggling mentally with it, like I can at times with the features at the limits of my ability that I have done one day, and am not up for the next.

Hitting Crabapple after 3 months off the bike on Sunday and feeling good about yourself doesn't mean you're ready to hit Coastal Cruise the next Sunday on your 3rd lap just because you know you 'should' be able to do it and coz your buddies are doing it. That kind of thinking is what gets you snapped. A couple more warmup laps would probably have done it, or maybe by then I would have known that it just wasn't my day. But nope; I have a broken bone to try teach me the same lesson all over again.

Oct. 18, 2015, 5:02 p.m.

I've been going through this lately. After starting riding again a few years ago and progressing slowly but nicely, I am losing my confidence. Stuff I just rolled through with hardly a second thought is causing me to pause. I'm not really sure why this happened. I always had good rides and bad rides but I never worried about it. I had a few minor crashes but nothing serious. I am creeping up to 50 but 4 months ago I was doing fine. I'm going to start over again and build back up slowly and most importantly as others have suggested, I'm going to invest in myself with an EB skills session or two.

One a final note; it really is great to have this forum to express these thoughts.

Thank you NSMB!

Oct. 19, 2015, 3:12 p.m.

Same here? I was a checkered or wrecker this year and when I wrecked, I blamed the bike and bought something. But I have been diagnosed with a "Bike Problem" though (by my wife).

So, after my bike was perfect, I had to set up some skinnies in my back yard and do loops on Immonator and Griffin SB to figure out what was up. "Ladies" also shows me were I am off and I often do things over and over.

I am 46 and it just takes longer to heal my body and psyche. Maybe mountain biking knar is freaky!!

Thanks, pb