Semenuk leads an all-Canadian Rampage podium

Oct. 10, 2008, 7:15 p.m.

I feel bad for Bearclaw and Bourdo who spent all the day working on their lines. They had little to no practice to put together the hardest lines of the day, and ended up getting beat by guys practicing all day on pre-made lines. I hope the organizers give all riders the same amount of time to practice if they do it again.

Makes for gnarlier lines and gives those guys a chance to dial them in !

Word, that was the reason why I was really skeptical of the pre-made stuff. I feel that, in a way, it penalized folks who wanted to do something more original than what was presented. For me, the most interesting thing about the Rampage of previous years was the creativity that the contest allowed. The runs that I was always the most excited about were the ones that took a different approach and did the things that others weren't doing. From what I can tell from the limited media that I've seen from this contest, most riders were all riding the same one or two lines down the mountain.

This is your birthday pony.

Oct. 10, 2008, 8:54 p.m.

It seems to me as though the last rampages judging were about who could stick the gnarliest line and or biggest drop….and if by chance more than one person was doing the same gnarly line (straight) it was then who could throw the nicest trick off that line (bender sender) It seems as though the feel/idea of the judging has changed to a more slopestyle mentality hence the wooden ramps and prebuilt (by machines) lines. still sick as can be but in some way not quite the same…..

Six Mile Stalions…..Werd

Oct. 10, 2008, 11:24 p.m.

what does that even mean?
berrecloth does the same 4/5 tricks with no style at every comp on the same type of stunts. brandon can ride anything with waaaaay more style and way more tricks and hes way younger

ok, i'm going to answer your question and then pretend i didn't just read your opinion on one of the best freeride mtber's in the world.. and then compare him with someone who was probly influenced in one way or another by the first guy you mentioned.

it means, claw has done his time.. and at the top of his game, he fucking threw down so hard for mtbing that when i hear some little douche bag be-little him on the internet? it makes me laugh.. little kids with tunnel vision.
yea? ok?

Freeride, Its whats for dinner

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

Oct. 10, 2008, 11:45 p.m.

brandon actually dug part of his line, and he won! wooo

stuff for sale:
Dainese upper body suit, size medium, brand new and never worn $200
email me for details: [email protected]

Oct. 11, 2008, 12:14 a.m.

ok, i'm going to answer your question and then pretend i didn't just read your opinion on one of the best freeride mtber's in the world.. and then compare him with someone who was probly influenced in one way or another by the first guy you mentioned.

it means, claw has done his time.. and at the top of his game, he fucking threw down so hard for mtbing that when i hear some little douche bag be-little him on the internet? it makes me laugh.. little kids with tunnel vision.
yea? ok?

…that doesn't change the fact that the 4 tricks he does are no longer groundbreaking, and his style is very ummmm fighting the bike.

That being said, the line he was trying at Rampage this year looks like it was pretty awesome.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Oct. 11, 2008, 10:16 a.m.

…that doesn't change the fact that the 4 tricks he does are no longer groundbreaking, and his style is very ummmm fighting the bike.

That being said, the line he was trying at Rampage this year looks like it was pretty awesome.

Wait till you see NWD 9 He does switch 3 whips, barrell rolls off a wall ride and sends monster exposed faces in China. He has been at the top and will continue to be there.

Oct. 11, 2008, 12:25 p.m.

Wait till you see NWD 9 He does switch 3 whips, barrell rolls off a wall ride and sends monster exposed faces in China. He has been at the top and will continue to be there.

Well thanks for ruining the surprise.

This is your birthday pony.

Oct. 11, 2008, 1:11 p.m.

fighting the bike? are you high? as soon as you get those 4 tricks down that he does, let me know.. i'm dying to agree with you.

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

Oct. 11, 2008, 1:17 p.m.

Bahahaha, seriously, it's fucking retarded to come back with "omg u cant do wut the craw can, so u cant say shit!" Seriously, he's a professional mountain biker who I am comparing to other professional mountain bikers. That's not crazy.

Oct. 11, 2008, 2:54 p.m.

^Yep, but just no one forgets - you are "dissing" Darren on the same ground you have been dissing Tyler - no style, and blabla.

You are talking about personal preferences again - so, I ask again, what is your point?

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 11, 2008, 3:09 p.m.

Men arguing over the styles of pro MTBers. Doesn't get any sadder than this.

Oct. 11, 2008, 3:24 p.m.

lol everyone is a critic

Oct. 11, 2008, 3:26 p.m.

Agreed. Instead of just enjoying the view and knowing that there are others out there with the same drive and desire….you nailed it.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 11, 2008, 4:57 p.m.

Bahahaha, seriously, it's fucking retarded to come back with "omg u cant do wut the craw can, so u cant say shit!" Seriously, he's a professional mountain biker who I am comparing to other professional mountain bikers. That's not crazy.

i guess, your opinion counts.. who am i to judge

www.thevishfiles.com
www.ninjai.com
www.karmakula.com

Oct. 11, 2008, 7:20 p.m.

You are talking about personal preferences again - so, I ask again, what is your point?

Holy god, expressing a personal preference??? That's CRAZY TALK on a message board! If style is personal preference, and if expressing personal preference is pointless, then I'd better not see you praising anyone's riding, or music, or politics, or anything.

You're just whiny 'cause you disagree.