Scared to try this but........

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:02 p.m.

I was reading the interview on Michelle Dumaresq and was wondering what her story is? anybody know? also feel free to state whether or not you think she should be allowd to race with the women.

PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC AND NO STUPID OR RUDE COMMENTS

![](http://www3.telus.net/mtber/243racingavenger.jpg[/imgl]<br />2002 Pyslo SL QR20–300 obo pm me.<br />BRAND NEW Deore rear hub–20 obo pm me.)

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:04 p.m.

It has the physical capabilities of a man, therefore I believe it should race with the men.

And no, I will not use any pronoun other than "it" to describe it.

Check my stuff for sale!

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:07 p.m.

This is a person were talking about, not a bike that all the groms can call "ghey" … A PERSON. I bet half of you would be too shy or scared to say it to HER face. So continue to pick apart the life of a fellow rider behind your computer screens.

:mad:

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:09 p.m.

she is having a great time doing what she loves… being herself. i see no problem. medically she IS a women. she has no physical advantages over any normal women. shes having a good time and i respect her for that

www.idun.tv
03' marzocchi dirt jumper 2
new steerer, crown, stantions
$300 obo

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:10 p.m.

Michele is a uber nice person on the trail…

and i treat her as such when i encounter her…

whatever her past, i dotn have a public opinion nor, will i share it….

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:13 p.m.

i agree with bullit kid, shes a person. Full Monty, dont be an asshole, calling her "it" is just stupid.

Anyway, i dont know that much about her, what was she when she was born? it says in the interview that it says female on her birth record, so whats the big deal?

![](http://www3.telus.net/mtber/243racingavenger.jpg[/imgl]<br />2002 Pyslo SL QR20–300 obo pm me.<br />BRAND NEW Deore rear hub–20 obo pm me.)

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:17 p.m.

Regardless of the political correctness of how you decribe this person, she does have a unfair advantage over the rest of the women.

What would your opinion be if some woman who excelled in a competetive sport was busted for taking testosterone injections for performance enhancment? Does she deserve the "gold"?

Is this scenario really that different? Just because she chose not to be this way does not make it fair for her to annihilate the sweet, pretty girls whom she competes against.

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:19 p.m.

I'd be very interested to find out how long a medical transformation takes. Obviously, she started out with male hormones, and that is a distinct advantage. Basically, it is no different than a female athlete taking HGH for an advantage. Having said that, after having the "switch" made, the male hormones would be depleted, and taken over by female hormones. She'd literally shrink, even if she tried to maintain the physical advantage.

My understanding is that she had the operation a considerably long time ago. I bet that she has no physical advantage over other high performance female athletes now.

That said, I guess the one area where she may have an advantage is in her past. If he was a mountain biker before, and trained hard as a male, he likely developed into a reasonably strong athlete as a male. He would have been used to technical riding at higher speeds, and taking more chances. That's huge for the learning curve…to know you can do it.

Anyhow, on her personal basis, I think it's disrespectful to call her an "it". She's a person who is medically a woman. You calling her an "it" is as insulting as a Caucasian using the "N" word. I don

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:26 p.m.

Im not trying to bash her here, but I think that she sees herself as a Woman who was born with a penis…

she says "I was born with a birth defect"

now What is she saying her birth defect is? Her penis? Ok, so does that mean I have a birth Defect?

Tha fact that she cant admit that she used to be a man makes her look as if shes living in denial.

I would have alot more respect for her if she said "Yes, I used to be a very feminine man, who was also homosexual and thus I chose to undergo an operation that would make me more comfortable with my Body and Spirit" But to say that she was born with a birth defect is rather disrespectful to most men out there.

On a sidenote, Why is it that Homosexuals find that they have to exhibit their sexuality? How come Heterosexual people cant parade down robson street at high noon and make out with their desired sex? Just playing devils advocate here…

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:26 p.m.

Originally posted by flattire
Is this scenario really that different? Just because she chose not to be this way does not make it fair for her to annihilate the sweet, pretty girls whom she competes against.

You are an uneducated prick. Have you ever looked at the results from a BC cup event or Canada cup. She doesnt annahilate all the "sweet, pretty girls" she is normally top 3, but rarely does she win at a provincial level. That is 3 levels off a the world stage. Clair, Deb are right there with her at every race, she beat clair by 2 seconds at nationals, clair had a bad run i think and the course was way more suited to the v10 over the bb7.

TO MAKE DOWNHILL FAIR, make it a spec. series where everyone rides the same bike with the same armour with the same components and the same forks, same tires at every course. Just rebadged with your sponsors logos. That would be fair. The only things to be changed would be the suspension setup and stem and handlebars.

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:30 p.m.

Originally posted by bullit_kid
TO MAKE DOWNHILL FAIR, make it a spec. series where everyone rides the same bike with the same armour with the same components and the same forks, same tires at every course. Just rebadged with your sponsors logos. That would be fair. The only things to be changed would be the suspension setup and stem and handlebars.

I couldnt agree more.

:)

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:34 p.m.

**You are an uneducated prick. Have you ever looked at the results from a BC cup event or Canada cup. She doesnt annahilate all the "sweet, pretty girls" she is normally top 3, but rarely does she win at a provincial level. That is 3 levels off a the world stage. Clair, Deb are right there with her at every race, she beat clair by 2 seconds at nationals, clair had a bad run i think and the course was way more suited to the v10 over the bb7.

Relax pal, that was an an obvious exaggeration. Im not as die hard over the ladies DH circuit as you.**

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:34 p.m.

her arms are bigger than mine, look at the freeriding pickture huge!

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:37 p.m.

Originally posted by flattire

**You are an uneducated prick. Have you ever looked at the results from a BC cup event or Canada cup. She doesnt annahilate all the "sweet, pretty girls" she is normally top 3, but rarely does she win at a provincial level. That is 3 levels off a the world stage. Clair, Deb are right there with her at every race, she beat clair by 2 seconds at nationals, clair had a bad run i think and the course was way more suited to the v10 over the bb7.

Relax pal, that was an an obvious exaggeration. Im not as die hard over the ladies DH circuit as you. **

die hard with bruce willis**

Sept. 5, 2003, 5:38 p.m.

I don't deny that it is a human, and a person. Would you rather I call it a heshe or something? I will henceforth refer to it as Michelle to avoid insulting anyone.

I think it is great that Michelle rides, and is skilled enough to compete at an international level as either gender. I will say that I am in no way qualified or educated in the procedures that transgendered people go through, and perhaps Michelle has undergone drastic hormone therapies or something, but whatever the case is, Michelle's SEX (you can't change that, you're stuck with the chromosomes your parents combined,) is MALE. Gender is relative, and Michelle is free to do with that as Michelle wishes, both mentally and via surgery. In the article, Michelle states that the harder training is what brings the better results - namely the national title. I think it is at least partially because Michelle carries an advantage that birth women don't. I'm not saying Michelle doesn't give 110%, or that Michelle isn't a world-class athelete, but I am saying Michelle's body is different from any other birth woman's body.

I was thinking, having finished reading the article, that maybe it's a good thing that Michelle races with the women, it will force them to become even better to compete, which isn't such a bad thing at all.

Check my stuff for sale!