Save Grannies. Want to keep it open to mountain biking? Write in and ride it

April 30, 2019, 1:19 p.m.

Thanks Cooper. 

Rabble rabble rabble!

May 1, 2019, 7:57 a.m.

Morning. 

I sent a email this morning and received a reply quickly that it’s a rumour and they apparently have no plans of this. 

Anyone else had a reply the same

May 1, 2019, 9:58 a.m.

Yep, ditto, that's the reply from DNV I received and the reply Cooper received. Glad you emailed, it's important.

Good to see that riders can get their pitchfork sharpening practice done, but the "substantiated rumours" on the nsmb facebook page created a bit of a storm in a teacup. 

The best thing to come from this ? It's everyone appreciating what a great and diverse trail system we have in our backyard. Grannies/Oilcan/Crippler/Digger/Boundary/Bookwus etc etc co-exist perfectly with the newer style trails. It's great to see everyone remembering what great things we have!

May 2, 2019, 11:34 p.m.

I thought about sending an email from over here, you still need it...it seems that Grannies is save, more or less.

May 4, 2019, 11:39 p.m.

Sounds like I need to put Grannies on my bucketlist for when I come to Vancouver this summer (from Denmark). Is there somewhere I can find video/fotos from Grannies? Just to make sure I have the skills.

May 5, 2019, 1:05 p.m.

Posted by: Masacrejoe

Sounds like I need to put Grannies on my bucketlist for when I come to Vancouver this summer (from Denmark). Is there somewhere I can find video/fotos from Grannies? Just to make sure I have the skills.

Here's a POV ride-through (beware the GoPro effect, the trail is steeper than it appears on video) :  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aihJKVU3pds

May 6, 2019, 4:24 a.m.

Posted by: idle

Posted by: Masacrejoe

Here's a POV ride-through (beware the GoPro effect, the trail is steeper than it appears on video) :

Thanks a lot. I just watched the first five minutes at work. Can’t wait to get home and watch the rest.

Yes. It seems like just the kind of trails I’m looking for. This is what I’d call real mountainbiking. I especially like the way it looks like it’s never seen a showel. Sure there are skinnies, but it looks like there hasn’t been done much grooming other than just moving a couple of logs to show you the way. Can’t wait to go. Thanks again for the video.

Last edited by: Masacrejoe on May 6, 2019, 7:46 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 6, 2019, 9:04 a.m.

Oh it gets love, but it's subtle love.

Crippler, oilcan, bookwus should be on your list too for Fromme...there's a lot out there on the other two as well...