rockslide @ twin bridges

Dec. 10, 2014, 3:51 p.m.

Did Ferris Bueller touch said sweater?

I can't say for sure , but i did hear that in the event of his death. Ferris is was giving his eyes to Stevie Wonder

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:04 p.m.

Way too soon to say that. Tons of people use that interface to join the demo forest to Mt. Seymour and, just like the demo forest paved-10km, there will be significant pressure to re-open Fishermans.

It is also used for LSCR/Metrovan vehicles to tie together their responsibilities.

If the pillars are fine it won't be that expensive to fix?

Just got update the bridge is structurally toast and will be removed and the distric have no plans to rebuild it.
Bottletop is closed and removed permanently.
Fishermans is closed.
Water is also coming over top of spur 4 bridge.
top of Hyannis is closed and gated
The area is fkd right now.

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:13 p.m.

Just got update the bridge is structurally toast and will be removed and the distric have no plans to rebuild it.

LOL

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:14 p.m.

Fishermans is closed.

Spur 4 is ~4km up stream and probably a good 30-50 metres higher (above sea level) than Twin Bridges. Does not seem possible for the river to get that backed up.

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:18 p.m.

Fishermans is closed.

Show your work. Can you provide your sources?

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:24 p.m.

Pic on Lee Lau's FB..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152396977471626[HTML_REMOVED]set=pcb.10152396977591626[HTML_REMOVED]type=1[HTML_REMOVED]theater

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:32 p.m.

update from the actual land manager (https://www.facebook.com/metrovancouver)

Seymour River Rockslide

Update: 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Conditions in the Seymour River and at the rockslide are stable.

Pooling of water behind the partial blockage has caused flooding of trails and forested areas next to the river. This has created potential risks to public safety and resulted in a number of trail closures. Hazard assessments are underway, although it is clear that the area around Twin Bridge presents significant danger to people using trails in the vicinity.

Trails unaffected by the flooding will be reopened when assessments are complete.

Public access to potentially hazardous areas remains closed (and all Metro Vancouver watersheds are currently closed as is the practice during periods of heavy rainfall). Hikers and visitors to the Lower Seymour Conservation Reserve are strongly urged to respect the closures as identified on extensive signage and by on-site staff.

The naturally occurring slide occurred at approximately 5:30 a.m. on Sunday morning, and comprised some 30 - 50,000 cubic metres of rock. Several very large boulders, including one the size of a house and estimated at 3,000 tonnes, along with other rocky debris partially blocked the river. Monitoring of river flows and the slide has determined that the partial blockage has stabilized and the channel has widened, allowing for additional flow to pass unimpeded.

- Flooding of trails and forested areas in the Twin Bridges area has created dangerous conditions for hikers. Trails are closed to all public access. Closed areas and trail access points are clearly signed, and major routes are staffed.
- The public is urged to respect the closures for their safety and the safety of watershed staff.
- Potential for flooding arising from the rock slide remains low.
- Heavy rainfall is increasing water levels in the Seymour River and in water courses throughout the region - the rockslide is not a factor in that increase.
- Monitoring of the rockslide and its impacts continues.
The drinking water supply remains unaffected.

:canada: :czech:

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:33 p.m.

video from slide area: http://bcove.me/bo02wllu

:canada: :czech:

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:44 p.m.

Maybe we'll get a river surfing wave out of this.

Dec. 10, 2014, 4:47 p.m.

Pic on Lee Lau's FB..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152396977471626[HTML_REMOVED]set=pcb.10152396977591626[HTML_REMOVED]type=1[HTML_REMOVED]theater

different river/dam but yeah, still pretty badass. Rain may be sucky sometimes but it makes for some awesome spectacles in the canyons.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Dec. 10, 2014, 6:09 p.m.

different river/dam but yeah, still pretty badass. Rain may be sucky sometimes but it makes for some awesome spectacles in the canyons.

Who was it who rode down the spillway of the Cleveland Dam in NSX? Was it Tyler Klassen?

Dec. 10, 2014, 9:35 p.m.

I think it is too early for anyone to say the bridge is toast, it's not possible to inspect it. And certainly no decision to replace it or not would have yet been made.

The main question in my mind is whether to try to clear the blockage, or call it "nature" and accept the river's new elevation. I think many rec users will want it removed. And I am fairly certain the bridge is needed for watermain maintenance which is why it was (re)built in such a skoomum manner when the old trestle was removed, requiring the water level to be lowered.

MrBond said he saw with his own eyes that the backup begins near the tunnel on Fisherman's, so nowhere near Spur 4 bridge.

Dec. 10, 2014, 9:47 p.m.

The main question in my mind is whether to try to clear the blockage, or call it "nature" and accept the river's new elevation.

I don't think you're fully aware of the extent of this slide. There's one piece of rock as big as a house. It's a hard to access, steep-sided gully. There is no easy (meaning cheap) fix.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 10, 2014, 10 p.m.

I don't think you're fully aware of the extent of this slide. There's one piece of rock as big as a house. It's a hard to access, steep-sided gully. There is no easy (meaning cheap) fix.

nukes ftw!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 10, 2014, 10:02 p.m.

Who was it who rode down the spillway of the Cleveland Dam in NSX? Was it Tyler Klassen?

It wasnt the spillway . just the embankment on the side of Cleveland Dam . still rad at the time .