rockslide @ twin bridges

Dec. 12, 2014, 2 p.m.

No, they don't get past the dam anymore…

"The main purpose of the Seymour Hatchery is to enhance fish stocks in the Seymour River that have been cut off from their traditional spawning grounds by the construction of the Seymour Falls Dam."
http://www.seymoursalmon.com/whatwedo.php

OK … they can get past the Cap dam, for sure, then. Otherwise my comment should be edited to "I guess they're screwed".

Dec. 12, 2014, 2:38 p.m.

You mean they're not gunna dig out the rock dam and replace the bridge? Fook'n'ell, I'm outraged!

Yeah, how the hell are we supposed to get from Seymour to Fromme to do a Triple Crowns?!?!? (That doesn't require climbing up the shitty hill of the Baden) FACK!!!!

Shed head!

Dec. 12, 2014, 2:44 p.m.

Yeah, how the hell are we supposed to get from Seymour to Fromme to do a Triple Crowns?!?!? FACK!!!!

over the bridge at the end of Riverside Dr. and up the steep stairs to Camp Bric/Richard Duryn area
regular route was getting to easy anyway ;-)

Dec. 12, 2014, 2:47 p.m.

over the bridge at the end of Riverside Dr. and up the steep stairs to Camp Bric/Richard Duryn area

Yeah I wanted to avoid that set of stairs and the subsequent climb. Twin bridges was much nicer:)

Shed head!

Dec. 12, 2014, 3:03 p.m.

It's pretty cool how we spend all this time playing in the woods and making our little routes, then in just one act, nature comes and tells how it's going to be.

Dec. 12, 2014, 3:11 p.m.

Some kind of crazy yet to be built trail into the demo forest on the east side of the seymour river to the spur 4 bridge?

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Dec. 12, 2014, 3:33 p.m.

I still have trouble wrapping my head around them saying the bridge is not going to rebuilt in such a quick decision.

Today would be the first day that the rains have finally stopped long enough for a proper assessment.

Sure it's being called a lake…but it's not like we're talking about a bridge across Lake Superior here.

Dec. 12, 2014, 3:47 p.m.

wonder if the fish can get up that now???

My understanding is no, fish can't get past this natural barrier. The Seymour and Cap hatcheries have been known to truck portions of their juvenile salmon up and over the dams for rearing in natural environments as there are no ladders at these dams. It's my understanding that they'll do something similar here for the returning salmon in the summer; they'll probably do a siene downstream and truck them upstream and either release them around Twin Bridges or take some right the to the hatchery for spawning.

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:48 p.m.

Now there's a place that needs a climbing trail!

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:48 p.m.

Is your name Drew too?!

No, but i like fine dining and long walks on the beach and well-informed options analysis… We should hook up!

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:50 p.m.

"A bigger river runs through it?"

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:52 p.m.

a gondola to the top of mtn hwy?

To easy. We are going for Cypress-Fromme-Seymour Peak2Peak2Peak. 0.05 percent adder to the PST should cover it.

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:53 p.m.

Now there's a place that needs a climbing trail!

nice comes complete with extreme precipitous drop

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

Dec. 12, 2014, 5:57 p.m.

Some kind of crazy yet to be built trail into the demo forest on the east side of the seymour river to the spur 4 bridge?

If only Lola had been left alone…

Dec. 12, 2014, 6:08 p.m.

Yeah I wanted to avoid that set of stairs and the subsequent climb. Twin bridges was much nicer:)

The 2015 Triple Crown will have a triathlon format.

It's pretty cool how we spend all this time playing in the woods and making our little routes, then in just one act, nature comes and tells how it's going to be.

Monica was right! It is the Lord's vengeance. God hath smote the mountain bike community, and in an instant turneth its beloved trails into new frog habitat. Repent, sinners!