Rip Colin Winkleman

Aug. 12, 2005, 11:46 p.m.

RIP he was a great rider and will be rememberd.

http://www.bmxonline.com/bmx/features/article/0,15737,1093348,00.html

A Sad Day For BMX

Colin Winkelman R.I.P.

Colin Winkelmann took his life yesterday. Our sincerest condolences go out to Colin

http://onlymtb.ca/
http://www.bikes.com
http://www.chromagbikes.com

Dnsm Dnsm Dnsm

Aug. 13, 2005, 12:30 a.m.

I feel sorry for his family and loved ones.

My sisters bf killed himself when they broke up and it ruined her life and broke up his family.

Aug. 13, 2005, 12:34 a.m.

I hate people that commit suicide. It is selfish and stupid. It does nothing but makes your loved ones lives miserable. I feel sorry for his family and loved ones. But no remorse for the one who died.

yes and no, i feel sorry the poor guy felt the pain that he had to take his own life, no one needs to do that, condolences go out to his family, truley sorry to hear this

im amazed I havent gone to jail for satatory rape or kidnapping

Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.

Aug. 13, 2005, 12:37 a.m.

yes and no, i feel sorry the poor guy felt the pain

WE have all been there b4. Who hasnt been so heart broken that they feel they will never get over it. It is no reason.

Aug. 13, 2005, 12:55 a.m.

ah that's rough. RIP and best wishes out to family/friends.

minus signature

Aug. 13, 2005, 4:06 a.m.

WE have all been there b4. Who hasnt been so heart broken that they feel they will never get over it. It is no reason.

On top of that he was no longer able to ride his bike. Colin Winkleman is the guy that strapped the ramps to a moving ramp and tryed to flip the gap, it didn't go well and he totaled himself - Imagine everything you knew in life being gone.

Don't be a piece of shit, if you don't know everything about the situation you're worse than your claim.

Aug. 13, 2005, 8:25 a.m.

On top of that he was no longer able to ride his bike. Colin Winkleman is the guy that strapped the ramps to a moving ramp and tryed to flip the gap, it didn't go well and he totaled himself - Imagine everything you knew in life being gone.

Don't be a piece of shit, if you don't know everything about the situation you're worse than your claim.

So he did something that had extremely high consequences and he paid for it, that along with having a broken heart gives you the right to selfishly kill yourself? That is BS. People have their lives changed drastically in negative manners daily and don't kill themselves. Some of them change their thinking and become inspirations to others around them ex. Terry Fox, Rick Hanson.

I feel horrible for the people that surrounded him but I find it very difficult to feel anything other than the fact that he let alot of people down. His whole life was ahead of him - life is life, it is what you make it.

Couch

I am a vegetarian not because I love animals but because I HATE plants.

It could be worse…you could be on fire.

Aug. 13, 2005, 8:36 a.m.

I hate people that commit suicide. It is selfish and stupid. It does nothing but makes your loved ones lives miserable. I feel sorry for his family and loved ones. But no remorse for the one who died.

I am not trying to sound like an asshole but i speak from experience, my sisters bf killed himself when they broke up and it ruined her life and broke up his family.

I really used to feel that way, until I actually put some thought into it.

Can you imagine the mental anguish one must be in to actually take their own life? Not just think about it, or talk about it, or feel shitty. Actually do it.
I can't, and neither can you, because we're both still here. It's sad he couldn't have got the help he needed, but only he could have asked for it.

Selfish and stupid is blaming your sisters ex for ruining her life and his family's. Put yourself in his shoes, he was at the point where he no longer wanted to live, for whatever reasons. Your sister and his family can get help to get through it, instead of blaming him. He didn't get that help.

People that take their own lives are mentally ill. A perfectly healthy person doesn't do it. They needed help, not criticism after they're dead.

Aug. 13, 2005, 8:54 a.m.

People that take their own lives are mentally ill. A perfectly healthy person doesn't do it. They needed help, not criticism after they're dead.

well said.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 13, 2005, 8:55 a.m.

Wheeler, I take it you have never worked through a deep depression. At one point I was in a HEAVY depression and suicide was something I was thinking about…and at the time it kinda made sense. When I was like that it seemed to me that I was doing everyone a favor, you are not thinking straight and what you would normally work through becomes almost unbearable. I think you should learn a little more before being so condemning.

As well, if anyone you know talks about suicide, take it VERY seriously, you have no idea what is going through that persons head. A person does not talk about that kind of stuff unless it is something they are thinking about and that is one of the last steps and if no one helps it can lead to a very sad ending.

Please do not assume to know what someone who needs help like that is doing or that they are a selfish person….you have no clue what they think is going on, once you get to that point your view of reality is so skewed and you are not yourself.

EDIT: Thought I would add..I used to think just like that wheeler, thought it was the most stupid thing a person can do…but since going through it (I had it all planned out) I have a different view of things. I hope other people do not have to go through the hell I went through to understand it a little better.

Aug. 13, 2005, 9:02 a.m.

I hate people that commit suicide. It is selfish and stupid. It does nothing but makes your loved ones lives miserable. I feel sorry for his family and loved ones.

I agree with that part, speaking from experience. I don't know how badly he was hurt, but just imagine if everyone had the determination of this guy:

http://www.city.vancouver.bc.ca/ctyclerk/councillors/sullivan.htm

I read a bio about the personal hell he overcame after becoming a quadrapalegic and remember being truly inspired. D.

Aug. 13, 2005, 9:13 a.m.

yes and no, i feel sorry the poor guy felt the pain that he had to take his own life,

i agree with that, but at the same time wheeler makes some good points

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

Aug. 13, 2005, 9:50 a.m.

I am not trying to sound like an asshole but i speak from experience, my sisters bf killed himself when they broke up and it ruined her life and broke up his family.

well how is this suposed to sound then?

I had an aqauintance with early onset alzihimers (mid 30's), a hot skier,smart engineer.Put all his affairs in order, packed everything,paid all bills/canceled services and calmy cashed his check in front of the doors to the morgue … so as to be of the least impact to his family and society.

So did my bud have a good enough reason and regardless of if he did or didn't what right have you to decide?

I also had a step son commit suicide due to roid rage,I don't judge him,I know his mother hurts but so did he and now he doesnt … so be it.

maybe a simple RIP/condolences to all would be better?

Aug. 13, 2005, 11:49 a.m.

I said what I felt, some may feel different, and you make good points but I have very strong opinions on the subject after seeing the effects first hand. Maybe it messed my head up, but again it's all because he had to go and end his perfectly good life.

Aug. 13, 2005, 11:55 a.m.

Wheeler, I take it you have never worked through a deep depression. At one point I was in a HEAVY depression and suicide was something I was thinking about…and at the time it kinda made sense. When I was like that it seemed to me that I was doing everyone a favor, you are not thinking straight and what you would normally work through becomes almost unbearable. I think you should learn a little more before being so condemning.

As well, if anyone you know talks about suicide, take it VERY seriously, you have no idea what is going through that persons head. A person does not talk about that kind of stuff unless it is something they are thinking about and that is one of the last steps and if no one helps it can lead to a very sad ending.

Please do not assume to know what someone who needs help like that is doing or that they are a selfish person….you have no clue what they think is going on, once you get to that point your view of reality is so skewed and you are not yourself.

EDIT: Thought I would add..I used to think just like that wheeler, thought it was the most stupid thing a person can do…but since going through it (I had it all planned out) I have a different view of things. I hope other people do not have to go through the hell I went through to understand it a little better.

Props to you for working thorugh it, I totally respect that. It was probably really hard for you to take the high road.
I am sure you iamgined and anguish your friends and family would have gone through if you did end it, and thought it wouldn't be fair for them.
WHen you think it's really really bad, It sucks but it gets better. You have proven that.
Good on ya brother.