Riding vs Pushing up Fromme

Feb. 28, 2011, 4:39 a.m.

i do perscibe to maintaining what i believe to be a minimum standard

Splinky-maintaining the minimum for the kids on the interweb

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 28, 2011, 9:43 a.m.

^^^ I love how you still have my hype machine as your avatar.

I tend to push things past their expiration date. ;)

So, who has the green and black Spec Pitch that blew past me on the climb to Bobsled Friday morning? :)

Feb. 28, 2011, 9:49 a.m.

I find the pedal from Coleman to the first gate more challenging than the gravel switchbacks after.

ya the grade is way steeper there

how about the climb up old buck/BP!

Feb. 28, 2011, 10:29 a.m.

You should ride from home. There should not be a car in the equation at all. If you live in Burnaby or down town you should ride from there. What are bikes for if not for getting around. I always wondered why there was such a parking problem up there when there really shouldn't be.

www.northshorebillet.com

Feb. 28, 2011, 10:52 a.m.

You should ride from home. There should not be a car in the equation at all. If you live in Burnaby or down town you should ride from there. What are bikes for if not for getting around. I always wondered why there was such a parking problem up there when there really shouldn't be.

:lol:

Feb. 28, 2011, 11:14 a.m.

:lol:

Not that a lol-worthy comment really. I live in port Moody, I've pedalled to Burke a lot, I've pedalled to Fromme and even Seymour. Eagle is a no-brainer pedal. Riding from home and not having a car in the equation really makes the ride seem purer.

Feb. 28, 2011, 12:27 p.m.

Not that a lol-worthy comment really. I live in port Moody, I've pedalled to Burke a lot, I've pedalled to Fromme and even Seymour. Eagle is a no-brainer pedal. Riding from home and not having a car in the equation really makes the ride seem purer.

yeah, i'm not really looking for a pure or spirtual experience though, for the record I pedalled up to bobsled on saturday (cough… from the gate)

March 2, 2011, 3:20 p.m.

On a drunken bet one night I pedalled up Fromme from downtown. Specifically the bet happened at about midnight. Got home to Main/2nd at 3am. Geared up and hit the road, across the Second Narrows and all the way up Mtn Highway and up Fromme. Then back down and home again. On my 47lb V-Tach (34T single ring, 888) with flat pedals.

It was a huge ride. Felt good. But was a massive time investment. I've since pedalled up there from sea level a few times for kicks. It's a big haul up to 7th but totally doable.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 2, 2011, 4:32 p.m.

You riding down to MBO?

March 3, 2011, 12:13 a.m.

Who cares if you push,ride,crawl,hop or skip if your out on your bike your getting exercise and having fun. This thread is more out of control then charlie sheens life and thats pretty damn out of control.

March 3, 2011, 5:18 a.m.

craw , what did you win for that effort ?

March 3, 2011, 9:54 a.m.

You riding down to MBO?

Since you brought it up… A few years back we did a group trip to Bend, Oregon. One of our friends decided he was going to ride down there. So he loaded up his touring bike with panniers and all his camping gear, and took off a few days ahead of us. Another car brought his mountain bike and we brought an extra bike rack to get both bikes back home. Guess he wasn't enough of a purist to ride back to Vancouver too! Caught up to him about 30 miles outside of Bend. Lazy bugger also wasn't purist enough to finish off the ride, and he eagerly accepted our offer to squish into the car. :lol:

But back to the original topic - because it's kept me entertained for weeks! - personally I don't care how you get up the road, but I do find it funny when people say it's too hard to pedal up Fromme. I could pedal my 42lb Banshee Chaparral to 7th, in the middle ring. And I'm a girl! :P

"I'm not an ambi-turner. I can't turn left."

March 3, 2011, 3:01 p.m.

On a drunken bet one night I pedalled up Fromme from downtown. Specifically the bet happened at about midnight. Got home to Main/2nd at 3am. Geared up and hit the road, across the Second Narrows and all the way up Mtn Highway and up Fromme. Then back down and home again. On my 47lb V-Tach (34T single ring, 888) with flat pedals.

that's nothing! while out drinking one night in kits i agreed to ride up to grouse and climb goat mountain. when the bar closed i went home with this girl i was seeing and at 4am my phone rings, it's my buddy telling me they're heading out in 30 minutes. so i pull my stuff together, head over to commercial to meet up with everyone, we ride up to seventh then further up the fsr and finally the grouse grind. in the pouring rain. on commuters with slick tires. at this point i'm done - i crash in front of the fire at the chalet, everyone else climbs the mountain, picks me up on the way down, we bomb mountain hwy and ride back to van, i head back to the girl's place, have a bath and some dinner and we pick right back up where we'd left off. great day

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 3, 2011, 3:30 p.m.

Admittedly that is better.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 3, 2011, 9:24 p.m.

ok boom' , that is Hcor3 . . .

i still wanna know what craw won on that bet .