Riding vs Pushing up Fromme

Feb. 24, 2011, 6:22 p.m.

So is it ok if I keep my body fit in other ways and still push up Fromme? Or is it because they did push up Fromme that they can ski off-piste at 80?

lol - just sayin that ridin up provides some nice benefits that helps you do other things too. just stay active.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 24, 2011, 6:32 p.m.

lol - just sayin that ridin up provides some nice benefits that helps you do other things too. just stay active.

No doubt.

Feb. 24, 2011, 6:41 p.m.

No doubt.

yeah, i'm actually just reading a book right now called 'Brain Rules' by john medina and that's one of the key factors in keeping your brain healthy - regular exercise.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 24, 2011, 7:50 p.m.

I could probably climb most of the road on my dj bike… 32/15 singlespeed (I would be huffing a taking breaks, mind you.) Never had an issue on the heaviest of my FR bikes (45+). Some days I just don't feel like pedaling tho, so walking it is.

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:25 a.m.

I like these instructional threads that tell us exactly how we should live our lives. So, I must ride up Fromme. Should I leave the seat up on the toilet or down. Should the TP come out over the top of the roll or underneath, against the wall? Should I drink coffe or tea? I know that there is only one right answer to each of these according to the gospel of Thread. I know my way is bunk and I must adhere to the tenets as set forth in this thread.

www.northshorebillet.com

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:34 a.m.

here's another good reason to keep the body fit, skiing off-piste at 80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYM8tLJLryU

wait a second… these guys took the chairlift up ;)

Feb. 25, 2011, 11:55 a.m.

I think just a couple more pages and we will get to the bottom of this

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Feb. 26, 2011, 10:29 a.m.

Should the TP come out over the top of the roll or underneath, against the wall?

Over the top

There's no place like fromme

Feb. 26, 2011, 10:46 p.m.

what ever gets you to the top.

I can jump and turn my bars.

Feb. 26, 2011, 10:52 p.m.

what ever gets you to the top.

Haven't you been paying attention, you need to pick a side. You either pedal up
or walk, there is no in between.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Feb. 26, 2011, 11:02 p.m.

You either pedal up or walk, there is no in between.

Ellen Langer

Feb. 27, 2011, 12:41 a.m.

What if you walk to the first gate, then pedal from there?

Feb. 27, 2011, 8:20 a.m.

I really like walking. I'm not in BC but I walk some climbs to maintain some energy for the stuff that really requires a lot of focus. If one has x amount of energy but wants to squeeze four hours out of said energy one might have to pace ones self. I only get out once or twice a week because I try to balance my life out between being a Dad, spending time with my girlfriend, and working. Trying to stay in killer shape can be exhausting when life stacks up on ya. I'm just saying you fitness snobs might want to mellow out a little, we are not all concerned with all that, some just want to get out once in a while and ride bikes. Maybe the guy you pass who is pushing his bike up just got done with a battle against cancer or is going through a custody battle that has drained all funds and time leaving only a day or two to ride a month. You should feel lucky you can get out that much and stay in top shape but not everyone can.

Feb. 27, 2011, 8:43 a.m.

If anyone cycles up today, you can have the keys to our apartment*

*after we change the locks….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 27, 2011, 11:16 a.m.

You should feel lucky you can get out that much and stay in top shape but not everyone can.

a lot of people will find this harsh, but the time excuse is the one i hear the most - there really is no excuse for not being reasonably fit. of couse i'm not going to include people who are ill with cancer or some other disease/affliction, but the whole 'i don't have enough time thing' is just a bs excuse to keep one's ass parked. sure i may get labeled a fitness nazi because of it, so be it.

the funny thing is that i am not super fit, i don't go out and run a marathon each week, and i don't have sub 10% bodyfat, but i do perscibe to maintaining what i believe to be a minimum standard or decent level of fitness. and that standard is not extremely high, it is something that is achievable by nearly everyone. i train a woman who has cerebral palsy and is in a wheelchair, but she comes in to exercise on a regular basis and does what she can to maintain and improve her health.

nobody is so busy that on 4 out of 7 days per week they couldn't find 10-15 minutes two times over the course of the day to do some exercise. if you can't you're just lying to yourself.

with my rant over, i would say that walking your bike up fromme is getting some exercise.

Ellen Langer