Riding vs Pushing up Fromme

Feb. 8, 2011, 10:43 p.m.

you guys all need a Happy Trail/Big Nimby type climb up Fromme, that way it might actually be more fun to ride up then the fire road, you also wouldn't have to pass people pushing up the road and question their actions on the internet….

mtbskierdad

Feb. 8, 2011, 11:12 p.m.

you guys all need a Happy Trail/Big Nimby type climb up Fromme, that way it might actually be more fun to ride up then the fire road, you also wouldn't have to pass people pushing up the road and question their actions on the internet….

happy/nimby is a wicked climb and i wish we had one like it locally.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 8, 2011, 11:29 p.m.

that would suck if my fitness were limited to the point where where i couldn't do the things i wanted.

i don't see that this has to do with you being a wiener about people who push their bike up fromme though.

you turned this into a soapbox for you trumpet about the benefits of physical fitness.

good to see we agree on something, looks like our perspectives are not all that far apart.

as for what it has to with push up fromme? well, maybe nothing. but, if all you ever do is push up then eventually age starts to catch up with you and now that push up fromme is difficult, never mind pedalling up. what happens at that point, do you give up riding altogether?

somebody asked a question about walking vs climbing and i simply offered my perspective on it. that's all it was meant to be, my perspective. if you want to resort to name calling and call that trumpeting on a soapbox about the benefits of fitness then so be it. however, i think you missed the part where i said it doesn't matter to me if people walk or ride up plus the part where i ride with people who aren't as fast going up and how i don't have any problem going at a slower pace to ride with them.

maybe you don't get where i'm coming from but why the aversion to calling walking up what it is, taking the easy way up? i don't mind saying that sometimes i prefer to be lazy and take the easy way up or pass on a difficult climb. does being honest and calling it like it is earn one the weiner label these days?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 8, 2011, 11:49 p.m.

why the aversion to calling walking up what it is, taking the easy way up? i don't mind saying that sometimes i prefer to be lazy and take the easy way up or pass on a difficult climb. does being honest and calling it like it is earn one the weiner label these days?

reread your posts… if you don't see the wiener, then party on in oblivion:rave:

Feb. 8, 2011, 11:59 p.m.

Walking up is slow. Riding up is quick. I would rather get to the good stuff faster.

Feb. 9, 2011, 12:02 a.m.

reread your posts… if you don't see the wiener, then party on in oblivion:rave:

i already did and yes they are confrontational, but do they really say anything that's untrue? it's not like i've come out and called anyone a lazy fuck and have even said it's ok to be lazy sometimes.

or is this simply just a disgreement on the persective of what can be considered lazy? seriously, i'd like to know what your view is.

Ellen Langer

Feb. 9, 2011, 5:44 a.m.

it's the internet, are you surprised?

And it's winter.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 9, 2011, 6:50 a.m.

I could see walking up old buck if you have a big bike as it gets pretty steep but Fromme is flat, and walking is lazy :clap:

Fight ! Fight ! Fight !

Don't be an engineer, every one of them I've met is socially retarded

Feb. 9, 2011, 9:39 a.m.

Anyone walking up is a lazy out of shape twat and should go back trying for high score on Zelda's Quest or some crap on xbox.

Feb. 9, 2011, 9:42 a.m.

i`m wondering.. how many people on this thread are from england.. just curious.

msl.. you definitely are for starters.

Feb. 9, 2011, 9:48 a.m.

ME ME ME!

There's certainly plenty of Fireroad Fuhrers in the UK if that's your point. They are also the ones who push DOWN the hills….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Feb. 9, 2011, 10:07 a.m.

WRONG. No Limey here.

Feb. 9, 2011, 10:14 a.m.

not so dude.. you'd have to be freekin lance armstrong to ride a 50lbs DH bike up fromme; you'd have to stand and ride the whole way and the suspension bob makes it no fun at all.

Used to ride my 50+lbs Banshee Scream to the top of UOC every weekend. Never walked. You either want to do it and can endure the pain or you get off and walk. Pain threshold is what it is all about. Like AuzzieDream said some of you need to HTFU.

With that thrown out there, some days I just don't have the energy to climb. Off days are just off… roll with it.

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Feb. 9, 2011, 10:31 a.m.

The elitism and horses are high in this thread.

Sometimes it is just nice to get out in the woods. No schedule, no deadline, no clients, no computer, no wife, no kids. Just you, your bike, some friends, and a few trails. What does it matter if I walk, pedal or run up the trail? Sometimes I pedal, sometimes I walk, I never run (anywhere). Who are you to say I am doing it wrong? Maybe I like the stroll up just as much as the ride down. Maybe the ride is more about camaraderie or enjoying some personal time, than competitiveness and exercise. We all have different goals in life. Isn't that what makes it interesting?

Feb. 9, 2011, 10:43 a.m.

The elitism and horses are high in this thread.

Sometimes it is just nice to get out in the woods. No schedule, no deadline, no clients, no computer, no wife, no kids. Just you, your bike, some friends, and a few trails. What does it matter if I walk, pedal or run up the trail? Sometimes I pedal, sometimes I walk, I never run (anywhere). Who are you to say I am doing it wrong? Maybe I like the stroll up just as much as the ride down. Maybe the ride is more about camaraderie or enjoying some personal time, than competitiveness and exercise. We all have different goals in life. Isn't that what makes it interesting?

YOU are doing IT wrong.