riding uphill on established trails

May 5, 2013, 8:47 a.m.

It's coming full circle. Who looks more out of place - Lycra with baggies or jammies and a neck brace?

If its climbable, then it's a dual direction trail. Here in the Valley, I climb trails like Bear DH (when I'm connecting Red to Bear) and Squidline all the time. Granted common scenes does come into play though. I'm not climbing those trails at high noon on Saturday or Sunday.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pH51rAX-G3o

May 10, 2013, 12:14 p.m.

Why is this even a question? Why is there even a "right of way" rule?

2 scenarios:
a) Downhill rider sees dude beasting out up his/her trail, realizes he/she has space to slow/go around/stop, does so.
b) Uphill rider sees a gnarcore projectile in low barely-controlled flight down his trail, realizes making the rider stop or dodge might impact his or her god-given flow, moves over.

I think it's called problem solving. Or critical decision making. Something like that. Also - see common courtesy.

May 10, 2013, 12:58 p.m.

Why is there even a "right of way" rule?

cuz some people can't figure it out on their own

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 10, 2013, 1:02 p.m.

Outta my way, jerkass!

May 11, 2013, 10:39 a.m.

what kind of asshole loser wants to ride down trails that are rideable uphill?:rocker::rocker::rocker:

May 12, 2013, 11:07 a.m.

I like riding up Dempsey Braemar and I like riding down Dempsey Braemar. I've yielded to the other rider in both situations. More often than not both myself and the other rider have offered. Many times we all stop to chat. Actually, it was seeing guys climbing the trail that inspired me to give it a go myself. Funny thing is I find everyone is a lot nicer to each other when they step away from their keyboards and see each other on the trails.

Riding is more fun than not riding

June 10, 2013, 10:51 p.m.

Dumbass climbing up Rollercoaster (with his head down) on the steepest section today. This, during the week leading up to the Test of Metal. I always ride careful with fingers on the brakes, and went around. However, a faster or more rushed rider might have found himself or herself in an ugly collision. Sometimes common sense is just lost. Climber may have had every right to be there, but from my perspective this was the hieght of foolishness. I can only guess he was not a local, and was unaware of the amount of traffic on the course at this time of year.