riding uphill on established trails

May 3, 2013, 1:15 p.m.

fuckin a, if I see someone climbing boogieman or neds or ladies and cleaning stuff, I will probably stop and watch just out of amazement

also, the downhill rider tends to fare worse in a collision

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 3, 2013, 3:17 p.m.

[HTML_REMOVED]semi serious[HTML_REMOVED]this issue is gonna get more prevalent as NSMBA works thru the trail flattening,dumbing down the shore project. Easier trails means more lycra clad roadies will be tempted to ride up and more goons are gonna be ripping down nice easy flowy trails :eek: [HTML_REMOVED]/semi serious [HTML_REMOVED]

:)

6061 is on the ball here. I think it's a great point. In Squamish we have recently build several designated climbing trails. These include the Legacy CLimb (Grizz), Panda Connector, and the new 50 Shades of Green. These are designed exclusively for climbing, and signage is going up to stipulate that. It's just one way to funnel riders better. I'm not sure if the Shore has considered it or already has such trails, but perhaps designating some more climbing trails, and making them challenging but not impossible will help ,manage this.

May 3, 2013, 3:24 p.m.

I don't think the NSMBA is going to be able to change the grade of the mountain, no matter how much gold they use or deadfall they clear. There's only so many of the existing trails that can be ridden up and for the most part everyone knows what they are.

The odd douche bro-down gnar sesh on a blue trail notwithstanding.

Forgot to add, there are some climbing trails that have been discussed, and they would likely be designated/ signed as such. That would help divert climbers off any more downhill oriented routes, which would be great.

May 3, 2013, 3:31 p.m.

[QUOTE=ol' dirty;2748414]I don't think the NSMBA is going to be able to change the grade of the mountain, no matter how much gold they use or deadfall they clear.

That's what switchbacks are for douche.. sorry, dude.

It looks like it's happening on Seymour already, check the NSMBA's post today about Chris Barker's work.

https://www.facebook.com/nsmba

May 3, 2013, 3:39 p.m.

Switchbacks or no, except for a very few exceptions our downhill trails aren't climbable and won't be no matter how Tapped they get. That was the point I was making and it stands.

I know what I'm talking about, you've done a good job in this thread of proving you don't. Time to get over it. There's plenty of trails on lower Fromme that aren't remotely climbeable, I suggest you change your routes up if you want to shred to the very end.

The new stuff on Seymour is some of the stuff I was mentioning.

May 3, 2013, 4 p.m.

West side of Fromme is eventually getting a climbing route up to the 6th switchback. Cogs are in motion.

East side of Fromme has a loosely established route up to the first switchback of Lower Griffen, King of the Shore, and Roadside Attraction For extra spice sometimes Upper Griffen gets climbed.

May 3, 2013, 5:06 p.m.

It looks like it's happening on Seymour already, check the NSMBA's post today about Chris Barker's work.

Sounds like this is really upsetting you. Have you considered suicide?

formally wernie

May 3, 2013, 5:17 p.m.

Alot of the attitude in this thread really does nothing to improve mounain biking. There are people who lurk on these forums who do not ride and all this shit does is prove what a bunch of jerks we are.

So, now comes the question for all those DHing holy rollers on here. Will you give a dog walker, a trail runner, or a couple of seniors the same attitude? Will you mow them down because they interfere with your enjoyment of the woods?

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 3, 2013, 8:46 p.m.

wear spandex and rock fox 40's…..confuse the hell out of everyone.

And if you can not bunny hop hill-climbers, kill yourself now cause you suck as a semi controlled high velocity gravity projectile who can totally kill the gnar.

respect…

disrespectfully

May 4, 2013, 12:11 p.m.

fuckin a, if I see someone climbing boogieman or neds or ladies and cleaning stuff, I will probably stop and watch just out of amazement

also, the downhill rider tends to fare worse in a collision

we used to climb neds before it became a creek bed

May 4, 2013, 12:12 p.m.

Must resist the trolls…

cmon Jerry why resist , no one else does.

May 4, 2013, 12:20 p.m.

i saw a guy climbing sex girl

May 4, 2013, 1 p.m.

Did you read the post? It's talking about the climbing specific trail that Chris is working on…

Maybe you'd be happier if you moved to Whistler? Lots of bros in the park to bro it up with, and it's all downhill only! Climbing is verboten! That's what the chairlift is for! It's super sweet. Please move there.

Ride, don't slide.

May 4, 2013, 9:05 p.m.

I push my bike up the trail.

Will the OP yield, or run me over?

:eek:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 5, 2013, 5:21 a.m.

we used to climb neds before it became a creek bed

Yep….all so we could rattle down Dales or Severed.

…and if you did meet someone coming down Neds,nobody cried.

Pastor of Muppets