riding uphill on established trails

May 2, 2013, 8:48 p.m.

Yer doin' it wrong WH.

Time to buy a horse, bike goes on the back, roadies beware.

May 2, 2013, 8:50 p.m.

Since Fromme is paved and signed to shit anyway, why can't they TAP a few more signs in at the bottom of trails, like "downhill direction only", "climbing trail", and "bi-directional bro-on-bro loveliest"?

As a sensible side-note, this actually sounds like a good idea.

May 2, 2013, 8:58 p.m.

alright bro-bruvs.. reset your lycra and let's hug it out..

Things are getting smoother and smoother out there, pretty soon Expresso is going to be an easy up-pedal, should I be expecting up traffic on the way down?

I gave it a try. With the exception of that 100 m near cliff below the recent trail work, two 2 m woodwork sections that I strata-dabbed through with less than a 5, and the very entrance (my exit), Expressso is an easy uphill pedal :rocker:

May 2, 2013, 9 p.m.

Doesn't everyone realize that uphill is the new downhill!

I'm pretty sure that the fastest downhill would be to come bombing down the road. Plenty of gravel to spray on the corners on the way down for those photo shots too!

May 2, 2013, 9:23 p.m.

I have an idea.

Why don't all the roadie bros get together and build themselves a kickass uphill tech-gnar muscle-fest?

Then the rest of us can get on with riding our bikes down the downhill trails.

And slamming PBR's after.

you're dumb

May 2, 2013, 9:30 p.m.

you're dumb

/thread

May 2, 2013, 9:59 p.m.

Here's the thing that bugs me. I like to ride my bike downhill and I like to ride it downhill fast, yes even on Griffen. The choices are either Natural High or Griffen to end the ride. Having someone standing in the middle of the trail puffing up as I ride down is certainly not enough to ruin my day, but it seems the onus is now on me to stop dead and allow them through. This bugs me because the trails on Fromme were designed to be ridden down, that's why we ride these trails. If there is an uphill only gnarl trail then by all means I'll stay clear and let the guys who like pedaling up do their thing, but these were always made to be ridden down, when did things change?

I CAN SEE WHY YOUR CONFUSED. IF I JUST MOVED HERE FROM SAY REGINA SASKATCHEWAN AND I WAS THE FASTEST PUNTER IN SPORT CLASS ON MY TREK SMEGMA AND I FOUND THE RADGNAR THAT IS GRIFFIN I TOO WOULD SOIL MY TROY LEE PANTIES AND MAYBE SPUNK MY LEAT BRACE WITH THE MAN LOVE THAT IS MY GOPRO FASTNESS.

BUT HRER'S THE THING YOU FUKING IDIOT. YOU'RE IN A TRAIL SYSTEM WHERE LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE ACTUALLY RIDE UPHILL. YAH THAT'S RIGHT. THESE TRAILS WERE BUILD MAYBE WHEN YOU WERE A SPERM THAT SADLY DIDN'T END UP IN BATHROOM WALL AFTER YOUR DAD JERKED OFF BUT SOMEHOW HIT THE TARGET/

SO YOULL JUST HAVE TO SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP AND GIVE WAY. OR MOVE TO SOME OHER DIMENSION WHERE YOUR PRO FASTNESS IS RECOGNIZED AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO STFU

May 2, 2013, 10:17 p.m.

I CAN SEE WHY YOUR CONFUSED. IF I JUST MOVED HERE FROM SAY REGINA SASKATCHEWAN AND I WAS THE FASTEST PUNTER IN SPORT CLASS ON MY TREK SMEGMA AND I FOUND THE RADGNAR THAT IS GRIFFIN I TOO WOULD SOIL MY TROY LEE PANTIES AND MAYBE SPUNK MY LEAT BRACE WITH THE MAN LOVE THAT IS MY GOPRO FASTNESS.

BUT HRER'S THE THING YOU FUKING IDIOT. YOU'RE IN A TRAIL SYSTEM WHERE LOTS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE ACTUALLY RIDE UPHILL. YAH THAT'S RIGHT. THESE TRAILS WERE BUILD MAYBE WHEN YOU WERE A SPERM THAT SADLY DIDN'T END UP IN BATHROOM WALL AFTER YOUR DAD JERKED OFF BUT SOMEHOW HIT THE TARGET/

SO YOULL JUST HAVE TO SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP AND GIVE WAY. OR MOVE TO SOME OHER DIMENSION WHERE YOUR PRO FASTNESS IS RECOGNIZED AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO STFU

LOL

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 2, 2013, 10:19 p.m.

you're dumb

I see you didn't get the memo,

He who hath the biggest ego and smallest dick has right of way at all times on any hill.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 2, 2013, 10:20 p.m.

Moar moar moar…

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

May 2, 2013, 11:30 p.m.

And slamming PBR's after.

And then maybe some Moto on the seawall and apres Bellinis at Milestones???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WhhWPsJy08

May 3, 2013, 12:17 a.m.

I end up stopping either way and playing nice guy chicken, you first, no you first….

I do kinda understand the problem though… I think it's pretty common knowledge/courtesy that the uphill should get to stay on, but it's way harder for the downhill rider to stop.

May 3, 2013, 6:48 a.m.

Being cool and having a considerate, relaxed, sharing attitude takes care of all problems. If you want to be an uptight, a-hole get another hobby cuz you don't belong riding trails.

May 3, 2013, 6:57 a.m.

Being cool and having a considerate, relaxed, sharing attitude takes care of all problems. If you want to be an uptight, a-hole get another hobby cuz you don't belong riding trails.

Somebody is being uptight about the uptight dudes.

Pastor of Muppets

May 3, 2013, 7:17 a.m.

HEY!! no derailing this thread with common sense

the OP should link this thread to pink bike so we can see if it makes a bigger train wreck there