Riding around quesnel?

Dec. 20, 2004, 8:17 p.m.

k i sold my bike cuz of a shoulder injury, and then moved to quesnel and now im getting a new bike by time the snow melts. but theres like no where to ride in this town! does anyone know the area and like where the riding is? i looked around a bit but havent found anything

i live in a box :)

Dec. 20, 2004, 8:19 p.m.

so your not dead? :rawr:

yo

Dec. 20, 2004, 9:53 p.m.

my friend moved there! he dont bike thow
he said theres two chicks that moved beside him and are building a jump park in their back yard :D

Dec. 20, 2004, 9:58 p.m.

Uh, there's tons of riding there

There is a mountain just outside of town with a wicked DH course that the Hewitt's built. There are also other trails, I don't remember exactly how to get to them, ask around, there are lots of ppl that ride in town there. Or maybe ask some of the PG folk on the board here, they will know.

And when they come for me I'll be sitting at my desk with a gun in my hand wearing a bullet proof vest, singing my my my how the time does fly when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night -Catch22

Dec. 20, 2004, 10 p.m.

used t'a be some stunts out around dragon mtn which I never did ,but they had a 4 min DH course that dropped off the top of dragan mtn .and a dual slalom corse on the powerline behind the fairgrounds .Quesnel had a very active mtnbike club,Rob hewit the DH'er is from quesnel

2 years ago the cycle club had a weekend bike fest with an x-c race,a dual slalom,big party/barbacue,some metal bands complete with fights,police even an ambulance/and a DH on the sunday… real fun event.

some of the organiser types moved away ,mcbike closed ,club dissappeared,not sure whats happening nowdays,there is one dealer in town since Mcbike closed down,its that sports store next the the bank of nova scotia ,ask mick whats happening

Williams lake is a VERY happening place to bike 1.5hrs south,Redshreds is probably the best/coolest bike shop you will ever find call em at 250-398-surf I would bet they are still riding ,great place to buy a bike

http://www.puddlebike.com/

or there are 4 shops in PG

Dec. 20, 2004, 10:35 p.m.

Originally posted by g1mpy
he said theres two chicks that moved beside him and are building a jump park in their back yard :D

thats my friend:D . i was up there a while ago and i helped her build some ladders and stuff. we went riding down some trail to the town, wasent that great but it was fun. she also said that theres some good riding at dragon mountain. we didnt get to go up there though. theres a little bike shop downtown in one of their sports shops (dont know the name), and the guy down there knows where the trails are.

:smokey::canada:KICKS ASS

Dec. 20, 2004, 10:37 p.m.

its a bit earliy to plan but im fully gonna hit up the riding around Williams Lake this coming suummer.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Dec. 20, 2004, 11:50 p.m.

ya i was thinkin of heading down south to the puddle to ride and i heard about dragon mtn and i wanna chek that out one day. but no one knows if theres anything closer? like bouchie lake area?
and no im not dead angus :)

Dec. 20, 2004, 11:51 p.m.

Originally posted by that person
ya i was thinkin of heading down south to the puddle to ride and i heard about dragon mtn and i wanna chek that out one day. but no one knows if theres anything closer? like bouchie lake area?
and no im not dead angus :)

hi rodney.

Dec. 22, 2004, 3:37 a.m.

cool, have fun in quesnel rodney

son of a stromatolite !

Dec. 22, 2004, 5:17 a.m.

I am with Al on this one, the last thing riding related I remember was the Dragon DH race….since then, it has gotten to the point where no one really rides anymore it seems. Going up the hill from town to dragon lake area, you can see a stunt on the left hand side of the road about half way up, all rickety now, but it would be worth it to walk up that trail and just see whats what:)

Dec. 22, 2004, 10:02 a.m.

dragan mtn is about 15 min. south on hy 97,you can drive to the top(something with clearance but not nesssecarily 4x4) where they got a microwave tower .The DH drops off the top and cuts back over the road at least once finishing on the road so its easy to shuttle

I seen elevated stunts off in the bush while driving up the dirt road to the course

I won the masters class but I had the slowest overall time and was the only master,but I won a FUNN headbanger

taking into account the hole in my oil pan which cost 520$ minus 100$ for the headset made the weekend only about 400$ in the hole

Dec. 22, 2004, 11:36 a.m.

Other than Dragon Mtn and the odd stunt here and there around town, the trails seem pretty limited in Quesnel. If you're out on the west side, there's definately some good looking terrrain up around the golf course (I'm thinking past the golf course). I would recommend getting a couple guys together, scope a line and build yourselves a trail. Let the PG guys know when you're done so we can come down and ride it.:D

Dec. 22, 2004, 11:50 a.m.

yaim kinda thinkin along the lines of building my own trail up or around milburn mtn, theres some nice terrain there. ya halfway up dragon hill that stunt is crap, its fallen apart and doesent look to safe now, looked like it was goo bak in the day tho.

Dec. 22, 2004, 11:51 a.m.

Originally posted by Coop
cool, have fun in quesnel rodney

wats up matt havent heard from u like for ever.