Ride more, bitch less.

Feb. 11, 2022, 11:23 a.m.

Clocked 107km commuting this week. So nice weather in the evenings, sun and blue skies. Mornings were rainy and seriously windy. But...oh so worth it. Whiskey and beer tonight, tomorrow I ride.... collecting airmiles on my enduro.

Feb. 13, 2022, 11:08 a.m.

What phenomenal conditions for a ride. So good yesterday, going to go get it again today! Then home for a few IPA’s and finger foods while watching the Super Bowl.

It also helps when the Canucks (Demko) beat the Leafs!

Feb. 13, 2022, 11:22 a.m.

Yesterday was so nice I rode twice.

Feb. 13, 2022, 4:08 p.m.

/applause

got a good dose of sun and prime conditions both yesterday on the trail bike and today on the spaghetti classic.  

been feeling pretty salty of late,,, not so much now, thankfully.

Feb. 13, 2022, 8:36 p.m.

Sitting on a sunbathed tailgate after a ride in February was pretty sweet on Saturday.

Feb. 14, 2022, 1:44 a.m.

Posted by: Ned

/applause

got a good dose of sun and prime conditions both yesterday on the trail bike and today on the spaghetti classic.  

been feeling pretty salty of late,,, not so much now, thankfully.

I have been told that my mood is definitely better when I ride to work on a regular basis. And yes, less cranky. 

Spent the weekend on the couch and at the desk, some reading, some napping and some much-needed sketching, drawing and painting. Been so busy  with life and whatnot that I did not really let out my creative side the last few months. Of course, my hang-over from Friday night's drinks did help a little.

Feb. 14, 2022, 9:16 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Sitting on a sunbathed tailgate after a ride in February was pretty sweet on Saturday.

Yep friends and post-ride beers/tailgates/sun was a pretty rejuvenating experience. Much needed.

Feb. 14, 2022, 9:57 a.m.

Everyone I stopped and chatted to was out of their minds with sun and stoke. Riders, walkers, every forest dweller!
2 days back to back on Seymour and mixed in with general hikes as well. What a weekend. Random meeting with Martin Newman on a  ride last night meant I could even say "thank you" in person to one of the people involved in such an incredible trail network

Feb. 14, 2022, 4:15 p.m.

Rolled out over crunchy frosty grass out of Parkgate and then lay down to bask in the sun about 30 metres away 2 hours later. Crocuses popping up too. So damn good.

Feb. 14, 2022, 4:47 p.m.

After beers on the infinity lawn at Cypress.

Feb. 15, 2022, 8:11 a.m.

pre-full moon local trail rip before work in the tacky trails... leads to less desire to eat people during the work day.  do what it takes to make your life right, it'll probably benefit others around you and they don't even know it

Feb. 20, 2022, 6:06 p.m.

Funny, I thought "ride more, bitch less" was sort of a recomdation, like people should stop bitching so much and go for more rides.

After reading a bunch of comments from the last week, it came to me that "ride more, bitch less" is sort or a cure or corrective action. If you ride more, you will feel better,  then you will bitch less.

I know the riding I do, does wonders for my mental health, keeps me in a better mood and allows me to forget insignificant daily issues.

Thanks for all the comments/stories about your rides/lazing in the sun from the last week, it reaffirms my commitment to getting out on the bike as much as possible.

Feb. 21, 2022, 7:37 a.m.

Look at the forecast, going to ride more this week. Days are longer to. Cartwheels baby!!!

Feb. 21, 2022, 9:20 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Look at the forecast, going to ride more this week. Days are longer to. Cartwheels baby!!!

Days longer, yes. But over here it is more rain and some more and potentially sleet and whatnot. 

Commuted in some seriously windy and shitty conditions today. 

I want blue skies and sunshine. 🥺

Feb. 21, 2022, 12:22 p.m.

Posted by: TonyJ

Funny, I thought "ride more, bitch less" was sort of a recomdation, like people should stop bitching so much and go for more rides.

After reading a bunch of comments from the last week, it came to me that "ride more, bitch less" is sort or a cure or corrective action. If you ride more, you will feel better, then you will bitch less.

I know the riding I do, does wonders for my mental health, keeps me in a better mood and allows me to forget insignificant daily issues.

Thanks for all the comments/stories about your rides/lazing in the sun from the last week, it reaffirms my commitment to getting out on the bike as much as possible.

Correct and correct. The impetus came from Mulletron nearly 2 decades ago during a toxic, whiney time where he threw the words down in response to something I cannot for the life of me remember (or care to for that matter). That a thread can live on for this amount of time seems unusual for how ephemeral the web is but I guess it goes to show that persistence is just that.

In context, it's the first President's Day I've ever had off of work... ever. New employer sees things a little differently than the previous ever did. So, schlepped out a 60km dual sport loop on the road+ baggy shorts bike in and around the hills, trails, passageways and some pavement of northeast SeaTown. Not one of those laps that's easy to explain, you either have earned the local knowledge or you haven't. Reminds me of earlier times prior to the masses engulfing the local ride resources on the shore, in fact. City boy stretchy pants crowd need not apply, too many lefts and rights you gotta know ;-)

President's Day loop

Last edited by: Ned on Feb. 21, 2022, 12:30 p.m., edited 1 time in total.