Ride more, bitch less.

April 23, 2021, 9:27 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

Easter weekend was a bit of a weird one, drank a few beers and 2/3 of a bottle of Laphroaig 10 on Friday and Saturday eve and night.

Woke up with a mild hangover on Sunday and decided to do something about it: Anyone remember that thread on 30 days and 30 rides? Thought that might be a good cleanse mentally and physically. So...my goal is to shoot for 30 days of riding each day, some days a bit easier and some a bit more, and absolutely no alcohol. 

So far, 18 consecutive rides out of 30 days. Legs feel tired but not sore which makes me really happy. Happy Metal!

That's great, keep going!

I did something similar last June -- my only criteria were that it needed to be at least 30 minutes, and my average HR (measured by Garmin Forerunner 235) had to be at least 130.  Not very challenging for most people, but I was pretty unfit and it was a way to kick myself into a higher gear.  Some rides were bare minimum, but most were more intense and/or longer.

April 27, 2021, 3:38 a.m.

Posted by: idle

Easter weekend was a bit of a weird one, drank a few beers and 2/3 of a bottle of Laphroaig 10 on Friday and Saturday eve and night.

Woke up with a mild hangover on Sunday and decided to do something about it: Anyone remember that thread on 30 days and 30 rides? Thought that might be a good cleanse mentally and physically. So...my goal is to shoot for 30 days of riding each day, some days a bit easier and some a bit more, and absolutely no alcohol. 

So far, 18 consecutive rides out of 30 days. Legs feel tired but not sore which makes me really happy. Happy Metal!

That's great, keep going!

I did something similar last June -- my only criteria were that it needed to be at least 30 minutes, and my average HR (measured by Garmin Forerunner 235) had to be at least 130.  Not very challenging for most people, but I was pretty unfit and it was a way to kick myself into a higher gear.  Some rides were bare minimum, but most were more intense and/or longer.

I am really amazed at this middle-aged body adapting so smoothly and almost without any pain. I am just tired AF., and notice that I really need some time to convince the legs that pedalling is a good idea, especially uphill. But as soon as my body is warmed up, it just keeps on pedalling. 

7 days left...now it is only a mental game. What surprises me a bit is that my skills are sort of taking off, which makes me more than happy. 

And after the 30 days I take it easy for a few days. Really easy. And maybe I am going to have my favorite IPA at a nice lookout on #30.

May 3, 2021, 4:43 a.m.

I am tired, so tired. Just two more days...today and tomorrow. Maybe some picture shooting later so I can relax and pretend full enduro bro.

May 3, 2021, 10:58 a.m.

I am tired, so tired. Just two more days...today and tomorrow. Maybe some picture shooting later so I can relax and pretend full enduro bro.

You can do it!

May 4, 2021, 8:08 a.m.

May 4, 2021, 1:06 p.m.

Thanks! 🤙

I did it. The last few days were not pretty and my legs hurt all the time but....I did it. 

366km and roughly 8.3k meters of climbing. 

Now...a few days of just chilling before I ride again or get my shovel going.

May 4, 2021, 6:33 p.m.

Good job Mic. 

You know pils has alcohol, right?

May 5, 2021, 2:35 a.m.

Posted by: heckler

Good job Mic. 

You know pils has alcohol, right?

Hahaha, did you check my IG story? 

I had an alcohol-free Spritz at the local lookout. Was at the store and thought, not in the mood for a proper beer. 

So...no alcohol, 30 days and counting.

Aug. 21, 2021, 11:34 a.m.

Classic shore conditions this morning. Cool and wet, with fog & cloud. Roots are quite slick.

Aug. 23, 2021, 7:09 a.m.

After a shitty week in Toronto doing stuff I didn't want to do I got to Burke yesterday, slogged up that hill and hit some of the new trails up there. Holy shit. Some life changing moves. Smiles. Then I fell while walking and banged up my ribs lol. After successfully flashing some of the features up above it was comical to get a little hurt by falling while walking a ride-around. But it was great to be out and I feel 1000% better. Can't wait to get out again. My bike absolutely kicked ass and thanks to the friend that keeps finding those gem trails.

Aug. 23, 2021, 8:02 a.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Classic shore conditions this morning. Cool and wet, with fog & cloud. Roots are quite slick.

Rode Ned's yesterday afternoon hoping for the same but it was surprisingly dry still, I was really struck by just how dry everything got over the summer and how much rainfall it takes to re-saturate the mountain.  Was certainly still extremely fun, just drier than I anticipated.

Aug. 23, 2021, 8:37 a.m.

I like taking a right after finishing Ned's & riding Bottletop. It's nice to have that trail back as an option.