Ride more, bitch less.

March 4, 2021, 3:58 a.m.

Posted by: Silk

More ride time on the frame that has surpassed my skill over and over. She does not like the Climbing routes....

Yes!

I have my old Cove STD frame in the hallway, waiting to be thoroughly cleaned and hung up.

Yesterday I was rocking my long arm green-black-white Cove roadie jersey.......20 years old this summer. Sigh.

But...notice my legs a bit today, did some light strength training after the commute.

Last edited by: Mic on March 4, 2021, 3:58 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 4, 2021, 10:47 p.m.

Posted by: kavurider

Silk, can we get another photo of that bike? Sweet Cove!

Last edited by: Silk on March 4, 2021, 11:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 5, 2021, 5:30 a.m.

Sweet!! Thank you!  

Great action shots too!  Almost looks like a trials bike compared to today.  

I had a Banshee Morphine back in the day set up like that, still miss that bike.

March 6, 2021, 7:48 a.m.

Classic.  I was thinking human-powered trials bike as well.

Bikes are so long now...

March 8, 2021, 3:07 a.m.

Went for a quick spin at a more or less local dirtjump spot with my kiddo. Guess it is N+1 again since our Enduro tanks were a bit on the heavy and cumbersome side of style, I have to get a used BMX and for Little M a dj bike. But it was fun, good times with the locals who were pretty skilled but low key.

Going for a quick spin in the afternoon, typical Monday morning...am in need of singletrack.

March 9, 2021, 12:49 p.m.

Got a Tzuhalem ride in Sunday with the dirt chapter of my “WhatsApp group with a Bikin problem” and man, what a day!

Sunshine AND snow AND hail but lovely while up at the viewpoint for bullshitting and a beer. 

New tire day and it seems that the big tire on the back of the WILDCAT is key to me clicking with this short travel format. So good, finally being a bit aggressive with this bike and it’s working. 

Conditions were wet but if your technique is on than you can still rail the corners and damn, I was (doing my version of) railing the corners!

March 9, 2021, 4:36 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Got a Tzuhalem ride in Sunday with the dirt chapter of my “WhatsApp group with a Bikin problem” and man, what a day!

Sunshine AND snow AND hail but lovely while up at the viewpoint for bullshitting and a beer. 

New tire day and it seems that the big tire on the back of the WILDCAT is key to me clicking with this short travel format. So good, finally being a bit aggressive with this bike and it’s working. 

Conditions were wet but if your technique is on than you can still rail the corners and damn, I was (doing my version of) railing the corners!

I love Tzouhalem.  Sounds like a pretty fantastic day in the forest.

March 9, 2021, 6:47 p.m.

Was so nice, even if I didn’t have time for more than one lap. 

Double D really knows how to make a guy feel like he knows how to ride a bike.

March 10, 2021, 10:22 a.m.

I don't get back to the Island nearly enough (especially the last year), but I absolutely love the Tzou. Parent-in-Laws have a cabin in Cowichan Lake, and I try to hit a Tzou lap every time I'm there. So chill, but yet chalk full of enjoyment.

It always brings me back to circa '99, being super new, and doing laps Dave Atherton and various other OBB crew.

Idle, what tire did you settle on out back? I'm locked into multiple seasons worth of 2.5 WT Minion DHF, on both hard tail and squish bike.

Last edited by: mammal on March 10, 2021, 12:28 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
March 10, 2021, 1:26 p.m.

Just getting back on the bike after taking a slammer a few weeks ago on some ice and cracking some ribs that'd been broken previously. Hurts more and more to slam as I get older but the phrase pay-to-play comes to mind so you just have to laugh when it happens and carefully ride your road bike til you heal.

First morning ride in a few weeks. Sure helped beat back that salty feeling I've been getting lately even if the trails are pretty tame.

March 10, 2021, 2:57 p.m.

Posted by: mammal

Idle, what tire did you settle on out back? I'm locked into multiple seasons worth of 2.5 WT Minion DHF, on both hard tail and squish bike.

Partly due to availability (at the one store where I was buying CushCore), partly familiarity, I decided to go with 2.5 DHF DD MaxxGrip both front and rear.  I was hoping to try an Assegai/DHR2 combo, but the sizes and casings just didn't pan out.

April 15, 2021, 11:01 a.m.

Primo 90+km slab of land ride before work starting in darkness suffering from unseasonable cold conditions, a headlight that goes p00f and finishing up in warm n sunny bluebird with perhaps even getting a bit of sunburn and the kicker... a plateful of breakfast hot off the stove a couple minutes after arrival.  It doesn't get much better than that... at least for me

April 17, 2021, 12:27 p.m.

Posted by: Ned

Just getting back on the bike after taking a slammer a few weeks ago on some ice and cracking some ribs that'd been broken previously. Hurts more and more to slam as I get older but the phrase pay-to-play comes to mind so you just have to laugh when it happens and carefully ride your road bike til you heal.

First morning ride in a few weeks. Sure helped beat back that salty feeling I've been getting lately even if the trails are pretty tame.

What's up with painful ribs as you get older? The other day I was bracing my bike frame against my chest while trying to loosen a stuck pedal. Just doing that caused my ribs to hurt for a month! Wtf?

Glad your ribs are starting to feel better. This is the number one reason why I don't pursue bigger jumps. Falling hurts too much at this age.

April 19, 2021, 11:18 a.m.

Haha, I don't even know what hurts anymore tbh. But those ribs, damn, they take the cake for pain and being debilitative. Those mtb's are dangerous contraptions, or at least that's what people have been trying to tell me for 39yrs   :-P

April 23, 2021, 5:41 a.m.

Easter weekend was a bit of a weird one, drank a few beers and 2/3 of a bottle of Laphroaig 10 on Friday and Saturday eve and night.

Woke up with a mild hangover on Sunday and decided to do something about it: Anyone remember that thread on 30 days and 30 rides? Thought that might be a good cleanse mentally and physically. So...my goal is to shoot for 30 days of riding each day, some days a bit easier and some a bit more, and absolutely no alcohol. 

So far, 18 consecutive rides out of 30 days. Legs feel tired but not sore which makes me really happy. Happy Metal!

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer