Ride more, bitch less.

March 17, 2020, 7:34 a.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

You are making me jealous. In the hospital all day getting ready for the deluge of COVID patients. Lucky for us MTB is the perfect "social isolating activity." Go shred some trails for me while the sun is out and you are all off work!

Gonna pull out the road bike so at least I can commute. Stay healthy!

Yeah MTB is great for social isolating only is if enforced lockdown doesn't happen, then we won't be able to travel anywhere unless we have good reason. OK I guess if you live 5 mins ride from the forest though but those who need to travel to the shore we would be stuffed.

March 17, 2020, 5:06 p.m.

Feeling the need to Build more, Bitch less.

March 17, 2020, 5:13 p.m.

Wow.  You're a human sawmill!

March 17, 2020, 5:31 p.m.

Posted by: Silk

Feeling the need to Build more, Bitch less.

God bless you! And yes I’m one of the lucky ones, fortunately for me I live minutes from Red and Bear.

March 21, 2020, 9:43 a.m.

That woodworking este muy bueno.

Thanks from afar from one of the old dogs who still rides...

Ride More Bitch Less

May 23, 2020, 10:19 p.m.

The kids in the neighborhood asked to have a North Shore skinny to practice on.

Last edited by: Silk on May 23, 2020, 10:20 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 25, 2020, 5:42 p.m.

Great day on the shore today. It's getting dry on the trails, so a little slippery out there. We live in the best part of the world. So lucky.

Sept. 24, 2020, 12:35 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

Great day on the shore today. It's getting dry on the trails, so a little slippery out there. We live in the best part of the world. So lucky.

Still jealous....but more or less happy in my corner of the world, with my kiddo turning ten this December and being a pretty rad litle ripper., who thinks about sending the Chalet drop at Bikepark SFL next summer. 

Been commuting quite a bit, bought myself my first proper DH bike with modern geo this June...really looove park riding and getting some air, looking forward to the weekend...a proper hardtail ride on local trails is planned. And working on a pretty weird rock drop and rock roll, and some steep dh trail.....hopefully some time this winter if work and collecting miles do not get in the way. Area has been cleaned and rocks been collected. 

Anyways, riding bikes is awesome. All ride. All the time. Need to get back to BC soon-ish.

Sept. 24, 2020, 6:42 p.m.

Sounds like you are doing okay in your corner of the world, Mic. Biking can connect folks however far apart they may be. I am hoping for some good fall riding coming up. The dirt is getting tacky now.

Sept. 24, 2020, 7:10 p.m.

July 25th was the last really proper ride, like an 8000 calorie effort. Lots of smaller efforts since but eyes are on the 10000 calorie ride prize, hoping I can pull it off in what's left of dry season. Oi vey!

Dec. 20, 2020, 9:42 a.m.

530am on the bike trail into the SeaTown city core. Early, dark, raining... no complaints, I'm still riding a bike

big pic is big

Last edited by: Ned on Dec. 20, 2020, 10:10 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 30, 2020, 7:38 a.m.

New used bike day no.2 here.....and just 134km shy of that silly Strava challenge Rapha Festive 500. Tomorrow is a big ring day on my gravelomuter. 

Awesome.

Jan. 1, 2021, 9:43 p.m.

So do tell, didja dig around in the sofa for that last 80 miles? A few folks I know partook in that event,  they're all savages. I respect it and all but organized stuff is just not my thing. Rather, lately I've been investing in prototyping some new local-ish routes and scoping a bigger chunk of land in the treeline east of the city to develop a new larger scale dual sport moto and bicycle death march loop. Hope to have it sorted out in the coming days.

Jan. 3, 2021, 3:01 p.m.

Posted by: Ned

So do tell, didja dig around in the sofa for that last 80 miles? A few folks I know partook in that event,  they're all savages. I respect it and all but organized stuff is just not my thing. Rather, lately I've been investing in prototyping some new local-ish routes and scoping a bigger chunk of land in the treeline east of the city to develop a new larger scale dual sport moto and bicycle death march loop. Hope to have it sorted out in the coming days.

It was really challenging. On the last day I was first doing a 130km ride, 4 km were missing. Went home, sort of angry at myself, had a coffee....and rode 5km more or less around the block. 

I have a friend who is really into long distance cycling and bikepacking and all that....he sort of pulled me into it. And Strava makes clicking on challenges a bit easier, you know. 

Vowed that I want to ride my mountainbikes more this time, sort of forgot the fun of it all because I was so focused on riding more than 5k. 

Today, spent a slow and easy day in the woods, scoping possible lines and discovering old fire roads with my 10 year old kid. Some hot tea and cookies in the breaks. Good times.

Jan. 5, 2021, 9:10 p.m.

A diverse mix of riding keeps it fun... skinny tire road ripper, dual sport drop bar, pure fat tire trail, large format fat tire... the broader the mix the better IMO, you just don't get bored that way.  Glad you knocked out the rapha thing and I do see many people getting carried away with those challenges. All the power to 'em, they're riding more and bitching less :-)